Need help looking for a bigger printer, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend 113

Member DIN
S331
As the title says I'm looking in to getting a new, bigger printer somewhere down the line. I have an ender 3 v2 that works awesome but would really like to eventually do a full printed suit and I don't think it's quite cut out for that. I saw nerd forge's rakasha suit and thought that it'd be a great first suit to print and I love the stripped down look of rakasha. Was thinking along the lines of keeping to Ender as I'm comfortable with their OS, but pretty much anything with a 300 x 300 or bigger is what I'm really looking for. And I can teach myself how to work with other printer types any way if that ends up being cheaper. So pls if u have any suggestions, tips, pros, cons, etc. about big printers let me know. Plus this is a future project idea so I'm happy wait till the time is right to buy the right printer.

I can't speak from personal experience, but as far as big printers go at a decent price, definitely consider the Anycubic Kobra Max. Build volume is ridiculous at 450x400x400, you can basically print anything in a single go. It's not fast, but has auto leveling so that gets rid of a lot of headache right there. And at least personally, I wish I had gone for something like the Max instead of my Super Racer. It's fast, but I end up having to do a lot of cutting up of pieces and it's just more annoying. With the post processing and assembling, I'm probably not saving that much time versus just printing things in a single go. Just be sure you have the space for it, it's absolutely gigantic and is a bed slinger so your Y clearance is going to be larger too.

Upvote 0
When you say OS, do you mean the printer firmware or the slicer? If it's the slicer, Creality's software is actually based off of Cura, which I believe has more features, and probably also plugins which may not be available for the Creality version (think of it as a "lite" version that's restricted to what printers it is, by default, compatible with).

In terms of sticking with Creality printers though; there's the big cube, the Ender 5, as well as the CR10 series (I have the CR10s).

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, I'll look into that Kobra max and I did mean the software mostly so thanks for that info PlanetAlexander Also any comments on the elegoo neptune 3 max? I saw the 430x 430 x 500 bed and couldn't resist looking up the specs to compare it to the Kobra max. Not sure if it's as good though will do more research on it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back