Reach Noble-6 armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is what i want my armor to look like when it is finished but with the emile shoulders and chest and maybe blue and white colors (this is my actual spartan in reach)

playermodel.ashx?rpis=XN0MDqWWborn7QvJ8quuwg==.png

That'll be a really good look RK.:)

thanks man, i thought that it would look pretty cool too, just i am not very good on shoosing colors for stuff, like when i am actually playing reach i always switch back and forth because at first i think it looks good but than i think it doesn't, since reach came out till about 2 weeks ago, my reach colors were white and red

cool color scheme, are you goingto do battle damage too?

yeah i am going to do battle damage, i am either going to use just sandpaper or do the sand and vaseline method

A lot of people like the vaseline method but I think that taking some silver paint and a big ol' paint brush always works nicely as well. Then again, I havent actually gotten to battle damage any of my stuff yet (obviously-still in the pepping phase lol) but I might also be biast because I like to paint xD

lol yeah that works to, i am going to do a coat of silver paint, then whatever color i am going to use for my armor, put vaseline/sand on, then just scrape it off with something an xacto knife, or i can just use sand paper to make battle damage
i have been in the pepping stage for over 1 year xD

lol yeah that works to, i am going to do a coat of silver paint, then whatever color i am going to use for my armor, put vaseline/sand on, then just scrape it off with something an xacto knife, or i can just use sand paper to make battle damage
i have been in the pepping stage for over 1 year xD

haha well people say pep is the longest stage, (and I hope thats true, because I'm worried that using bondo will take longer than it took for me to pep all of my stuff!)

ah yeah bondo is a pretty boring stage, you have to put rondo on the inside (optional) and the outside, it take forever because you have to do a lot of sanding

Wait you put rondo on the inside? Im still confused at the hardening process.
Like, do you use aqua resin or fiberglass resin? And can you put fiberglass resin on the outside..?
Guess i have to do more research for the next few phases...

ok so you put fiberglass resin on the outside and you can choose between rondo, bondo, or fiberglass cloth on the inside of the helmet
rondo is a mixture of resin and bondo, bondo is just plain bondo, and the fiberglass cloth is fiberglass resin and you dip the fiberglass cloth in the resin
you put resin and rondo/bondo (which ever you choose) on the outside and either just rondo/bondo or fiberglass cloth on the inside (which ever you choose)

ahhhh i see. Thanks for explaining,- is it pretty common for people to put bondo or rondo instead of fiberglass cloth on the inside?? I always thought it was just fiberglass cloth on the inside unless you were like...casting a mold or something.

I've never used fiberglass cloth for either of my two suits :p

But yeah rondo works great in place of fiberglass, the only recommendation I have is make sure it is thick enough on pieces that get stressed while being worn (like the belt) and on the edges, a to thin layer might crack if to much pressure is placed on it. I find it more convienient than glassing though, time wise at least

I've never used fiberglass cloth for either of my two suits :p

But yeah rondo works great in place of fiberglass, the only recommendation I have is make sure it is thick enough on pieces that get stressed while being worn (like the belt) and on the edges, a to thin layer might crack if to much pressure is placed on it. I find it more convienient than glassing though, time wise at least

Do you think rondo is better than fiber glass? I know you said that you havent used fiber glass, but perhaps you havent experienced any issues with rondo making it better? And just to clarify, you would still resin the inside and then add rondo on top of it, right?
thanks pipin!

i think rondo is better because it is stronger and you don't need to put fiberglass resin on the inside, only the outside because if you just put rondo on the inside, your whole helmet would melt so that is why you put it resin on the outside first

i have a new color scheme that i think looks pretty cool, here is the pic and as soon as bungie updates my character again i will post another pic of the other color sheme that i have in mind
and once again this is my in game reach armor

i have a new color scheme that i think looks pretty cool, here is the pic and as soon as bungie updates my character again i will post another pic of the other color sheme that i have in mind
and once again this is my in game reach armor

nice color scheme, is that green and black or green and navy blue?

it is green and black, apparently the pic update when bungie updates the armor so i wont have to keep posting pics of different color schemes, when i posted the pic yesterday it was sky blue and black

here is what i want my armor to look like when it is completed but with the helmet attachments because vanity thing doesn't put the helmet attachments
and i will post 2 with different color schemes i am thinking about

Vanity_634618116988056624.png

Vanity_634618118162226540.png

In my opinion RK, the second looks to Carter-ish. I like the green for sure man. It'll look awesome!:)

yeah that's what i was thinking too but blue is my favorite color and maybe i wont be able to find a color that would match that blue very well, but i also thought green looks cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back