3D Halo Pistol Carving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyxlboy

I own a machine called a "carvewright" and they just released an application that allows me to pull a 3D file (.stl format) in and slice it up into 3/4" sections and carve it...so I found a 3D Halo pistol by "Birdman" on google's 3d warehouse and carved it up....This machine rocks. I'm looking for a decent 3d model of the assault rifle now to do it!\

one of the images shows the pistol sliced into two halves...each carved and held in place with "tabs" I placed in the application. All I had to do was cut it out and sand off the tabs. I used a pretty weak pine, so a few of the details blew out in the carving. I'm going to do it again on a higher quality setting and see if I can retain more of the details.

Sounds great, carvewright looks like an awesome way to create the weapons for halo! Good luck on future projects! Looking good >:D

Amazing. I made a thread inquiring about the CraftROBO a while back (Machine that cuts and scores paper for you). Nobody seems to have one, though. Those run for a few hundred dollars. I saw your results and watched a few tutorials on the Carvewright. It is really easym but the site listing is $1899.99 and I saw a video of a guy that says shipping is $75. Your pistol looks amazing. You may be the only person on the 405th with the ability to use one of these machines and for that I envy you ;) . Again, amazing work and I can't wait to see your AR when you get it done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back