405th Halo 3 tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just played our game but Primal refused to play by MLG which is what the tournament called for.
Team 6 won the first MLG game then lost 2 Slayer style games ( we had to swap because Primal wouldn't play MLG)
Now Primal is dropping out, do we count this game or do we refill team 5 and play again?
EDIT
Also just a note Kyzzzyle's brothers got his account ban from xbl he was on our team but we got sniperwolf in to fill his space

leegrisham said:
We just played our game but Primal refused to play by MLG which is what the tournament called for.
Team 6 won the first MLG game then lost 2 Slayer style games ( we had to swap because Primal wouldn't play MLG)
Now Primal is dropping out, do we count this game or do we refill team 5 and play again?
EDIT
Also just a note Kyzzzyle's brothers got his account ban from xbl he was on our team but we got sniperwolf in to fill his space
@ Primal: It was clearly stated that it is MLG rules. If you dont like to play MLG why sign up in the first place?

We still had some fun, Sniperwolf is a funny guy... if not a bit obsessed with his BR :lol:

I don't believe this game should be counted, as only one game was MLG....

on the plus side, at least we have the time zones sorted out!

Last edited by a moderator:
p0rtalman said:
@ Primal: It was clearly stated that it is MLG rules. If you dont like to play MLG why sign up in the first place?

We still had some fun, Sniperwolf is a funny guy... if not a bit obsessed with his BR :lol:

Point One: I joined because I thought it might be good for a laugh. Look at how wrong I was.

Point Two: Oh, look at that. You can three-shot a guy in the head with a Battle Rifle. How much skill you have there, Sir.

Look, I really enjoy some semi-competitive tournaments. I even play in a few of them. I absolutely love the opportunity to go out with some friends and have some fun, and know that maybe I won something at the end of it.

What I don't want is to have to spend half my time in the respawn lobby, waiting around because some idiot's hanging around with - oh, look at that. The Battle Rifle, as always.

There's no skill in it. Good news - you've made it to MLG Gameplay. Let's see how well you whore out one of the more ridiculously cheap weapons - of course, you'll only do well here if you can pull off nine out of every ten headshots, camp around the corner, and generally play like an elitist tw*t who grenade-spams to soften things up, then pulls of a cheap-as-hell headshot to finish up. Rinse and repeat, because God only knows that in close quarters all you have to do is fire blindly and hope some go through the opponent's FACE.

And notice that, people - as soon as either Boris or myself got a hold of a wider selection of weapons, things stopped being a Battle Rifle barrelw**k and started playing the way Halo was MEANT to be played - the FUN way. Assault rifles, carbines... hell, even the Missile Pod or Flamethrower. I had some FUN there.

If sitting around slapping yourselves off over the Battle Rifle is what 'competition' counts for nowadays, then count me out. Especially if I have to do it while enduring pre-game lobby trashtalk and the unintelligible redneck drawl.

All in all it was a decent first attempt at a tournament styled game, and i think we have a strong team now. Hopefully there wont be an issue about MLG vs Slayer next time, that was abit upsetting :(

BlacRoseImmortal said:
All in all it was a decent first attempt at a tournament styled game, and i think we have a strong team now. Hopefully there wont be an issue about MLG vs Slayer next time, that was abit upsetting :(

Slayer > All. If you want MLG I will rebel with my FACE.

@LastSpartan: Shut it! I was uh, not paying attention.....and i was operating the controler with my feet the whole time lol. :cool:

And Primal sweetie, i agree fully with you, I choose Slayer over all thigns but this tournament was specifically for use of MLG gametypes, i hate MLG but thats what i signed up for.

Ok, by popular demand, I'll change the gametype to regular Team Slayer. I was wrong about MLG. Turns out, I'm not a big fan of it either. I thought all it was was no powerups, no motion trackers, and no dual-weildable weapons. Looks like I didn't do my homework this time. Sorry to disappoint, Primal. I'll keep you in your slot in case you change your mind. In the meantime, everything has been updated in the first post.

Primal Weyland said:
Point One: I joined because I thought it might be good for a laugh. Look at how wrong I was.

Point Two: Oh, look at that. You can three-shot a guy in the head with a Battle Rifle. How much skill you have there, Sir.
Look, I really enjoy some semi-competitive tournaments. I even play in a few of them. I absolutely love the opportunity to go out with some friends and have some fun, and know that maybe I won something at the end of it.

What I don't want is to have to spend half my time in the respawn lobby, waiting around because some idiot's hanging around with - oh, look at that. The Battle Rifle, as always.

1. There's no skill in it. Good news - you've made it to MLG Gameplay. Let's see how well you whore out one of the more ridiculously cheap weapons - of course, you'll only do well here if you can pull off nine out of every ten headshots, camp around the corner, and generally play like an elitist tw*t who grenade-spams to soften things up, then pulls of a cheap-as-hell headshot to finish up. Rinse and repeat, because God only knows that in close quarters all you have to do is fire blindly and hope some go through the opponent's FACE.

2. And notice that, people - as soon as either Boris or myself got a hold of a wider selection of weapons, things stopped being a Battle Rifle barrelw**k and started playing the way Halo was MEANT to be played - the FUN way. Assault rifles, carbines... hell, even the Missile Pod or Flamethrower. I had some FUN there.

If sitting around slapping yourselves off over the Battle Rifle is what 'competition' counts for nowadays, then count me out. Especially if I have to do it while enduring pre-game lobby trashtalk and the unintelligible redneck drawl.

1. You do know what MLG stands for right? Major League Gaming. The MLG play list was created to be one that NEEDS skill. Primal.... everyone has the same weapon in MLG the BR, thus its not cheap it makes it even.
2. that wouldnt be because thats when you started winning would it?

Personally, i prefer MLG rules, it isn't a mad rush for the rocket or any other specialty weapons. And it DOES require skill. Thus the reason for it being used in proper tournaments.

GamerTag:DRAGUNOVA SVD
TimeZone:-5:00 Eastern Standard
Comments I can only do it wed april 16,sun 19,mon 20,tues 21,thurs 23,fri 24,sat 25 weekdays after 9 sat after 11

:cry: I have a card which allows me to get two free days of Xbox Live, and I have an account, but alas, I have no Xbox 360, and the only one I did have the ability to play was Crackhead09's, and his has been having problems lately. :cry:

p0rtalman said:
1. You do know what MLG stands for right? Major League Gaming. The MLG play list was created to be one that NEEDS skill. Primal.... everyone has the same weapon in MLG the BR, thus its not cheap it makes it even.
2. that wouldnt be because thats when you started winning would it?

Personally, i prefer MLG rules, it isn't a mad rush for the rocket or any other specialty weapons. And it DOES require skill. Thus the reason for it being used in proper tournaments.

I KNOW what MLG stands for. I realise that the gametype needs a certain amount of even-ness. But hey, way to pick the cheapest damned weapon in the entire game as the base.

And yes, I had fun and just so happened to win when it was non-MLG. You know why?

Because it wasn't a BR whorehouse. Because I enjoy using more than one damned type of weapon. Because I have skills in things other than the BR.

So... no, my good man, it requires NO skill. You scope in, you shoot the face a few times, hop around like Mario on steroids for a bit, and hope they die. Maybe grenade spam.

That's no fun to me. Sorry if such gaming appeals to you, but it's narrow-minded buggery of one weapon, and I refuse to play it.

Primal, P0rtalman, calm down. You don't want this thread to get locked do you?

Primal, I've changed the rules to appeal more to you. Many people don't like MLG, so I changed it. I wanted you to know so we didn't have to search for one more player.

And I'm going to have to agree with P0rtalman. It does make it more fair when it is MLG. They just should have kept it the way it was in Halo 2. It was better that way. That's the way I thought it was, thus, I made it "MLG Team Slayer Only."

I'm sorry. It was my fault. I'll try to keep this from happening in the future.

GamerTag:DRAGUNOVA SVD
TimeZone:-5:00 Eastern Standard
Comments I can only do it wed april 16,sun 19,mon 20,tues 21,thurs 23,fri 24,sat 25 weekdays after 9 sat after 11

Thanks for that post. That helps me out a lot. I'll put you on my team. Welcome to Team Break Stuff.

Team slayer is fine with me - are we going to count the game today as a tournament or not - just to state we would have practiced TS instead of MLG before hand.

We need to post a full sheet of rules, game specs and map list that everyone can agree with, I like to know what I am getting into before I go in. After we have decided the game type we can make the play style and file share it so everyone can download it. Then play 2 out of 3 matches with 1 team picking the first map off the list then 2 team picking the second then playing on a neutral or constant third. This will eliminate all confusion and bickering.

On the topic of MLG vs Team Slayer: MLG is more fair than Team Slayer. Whether you chose to agree to truth is up to you. Everyone starts with an even but still powerful weapon.
In team slayer you start with an Assault Rifle, if another team gets the power weapons you are totally screwed - end of story no argument, there is no way to get up against a team that controls the power ups with an AR, in short. AR < ALL.
However if we take the same instance and spawn you with a BR instead of an AR the game changes and gives the other team a prayer of a chance.

I have a great time playing both game types and using every weapon in the game. Both game types require skill, especially against formidable opponents.

Lee, just to be safe, I'm gonna have you guys play again. And if you would please send me the bungie.net link and stay on top of the brackets for me, it would be much appreciated. You were the one that made the brackets, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back