405th Rp Critique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just posted what is probably my second to last post. Need you to say something, Assassin, but not much.

No offense, Leeg, about the hating Sangheili. Just filling in some emotions.

Sweet. I was waiting for my guy to make his apperance. ^.^; Man we are so close to the end, its driving me crazy.

- Adulese

Spartan137 said:
Ok, just posted what is probably my second to last post. Need you to say something, Assassin, but not much.

No offense, Leeg, about the hating Sangheili. Just filling in some emotions.

/shrug
We get no love man..

I am done that is my last post.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright guys sry, we were switching internet from embarq to comcast (curses under breath), but ill start the 405th #2 concept topic, where everyone can sign up with their characters and ideas for names for the ships and so on.

Assassin716 said:
alright guys sry, we were switching internet from embarq to comcast (curses under breath), but ill start the 405th #2 concept topic, where everyone can sign up with their characters and ideas for names for the ships and so on.

Off topic, but did Embarq seem to drop the connection alot?

well my internet access worked fine but for some reason it lagged on the main home computer, but just connected with comcast and internet is running better....weird

Assassin716 said:
well my internet access worked fine but for some reason it lagged on the main home computer, but just connected with comcast and internet is running better....weird

Huh. I have Embarq and it has a very nice connection speed (Ping of 30 on CS1.6), but for some reason, always seems to fail in moderate storms and randomely looses the IP address.

Assassin716 said:
... where everyone can sign up with their characters and ideas for names for the ships and so on.
/sigh
man it's harder than you'd think to come up with names for Sangheli and Sangheli ships.

leegrisham said:
/sigh
man it's harder than you'd think to come up with names for Sangheli and Sangheli ships.

There needs to be a Sangeili name generator somewhere. Thats how I got Mark Vadik.

The Indianapolis was just something I've wanted to do for a while.

Spartan137 said:
There needs to be a Sangeili name generator somewhere. Thats how I got Mark Vadik.

The Indianapolis was just something I've wanted to do for a while.
There is one on the net for characters but ships get created also most of the generators make the name end in err or Ee or something like that from what I understand elites dropped the suffix when they left the covenant

leegrisham said:
There is one on the net for characters but ships get created also most of the generators make the name end in err or Ee or something like that from what I understand elites dropped the suffix when they left the covenant

Couldn't you just cut of the suffix? Or would it drastically change the name?

Anyhow, we have a LOT of SPARTANs and Destroyers in the 2nd RP thread. Assassin, you'd better edit the first post to list all of the ships that have been picked up.

Oh. and we forgot to say that we need more than just SPARTANs. So far, the only non-SPARTANs are Leeg and Assassin. It looks like everyone else jumped on the bandwagon with me and Adulese.

EDIT: And you should probably define the diffrences between Cruiser, Frigate and Destroyer (Listed in order of size).

Agreed. I also noticed that some of the SPARTANs have the same name ... so we may need to work something out. We should probably make sure that none of the SPARTANs numbers are already taken by the game/book characters.

- Adulese

EDIT: I may create another non-SPARTAN character (like J74's right hand man) just to make the RP a bit deeper.

:lol: I noticed that there were a ton of spartans signing up.

UPDATE 1:
Note : We are also looking for characters that arnt Spartans lol, ODSTs are open, Marines, Elites, Captains (naval), heck would even be cool if someones main character was an AI lol. But we want to expand the view of the universe.

I think in addition to that you should add that only people who are planning to be dedicated and able to devote the time to check this RP at least daily - need sign up. It's awfully frustrating when our story hits a snag waiting on posts.

The idea of someone playing an AI is great... that is definitely a good idea. I hope to see more non-SPARTANs join the fight - I know we are assaulting a Covie planet and need a lot of heavy firepower but it's cool to see some main characters that are just soldiers.

I also like lastspartans spin on his SPARTAN... a spartan that was damaged from the augmentation it will be really cool to see one in battle - it's not often we get to see what happens to the poor guys that didn't make it.

Carry On.

Yeah, it seems like there are a huge amount of SPARTANs signing up. I don't have much of a problem with this, but I think that they should create their own ships and missions instead of just joining SPARTAN 137 and me. Oh and I think we should PM the people who have signed up and make sure they understand that they will need to take out a lot of time to work on the RP.

- Adulese

By the way :: I don't know if Friendly wants to make any more posts but He hasn't been active in the debriefing and may be leaving his crew in the dark for a suspenseful entry into RP 2 but either way - we should probably set a deadline for posts and move to have RP 1 locked up.
That way it doesn't get spammed up or anything like that.

Yeah, its getting a bit ridiculous how many SPARTANs we have. 3-5 are good for a stealth op, but not 7!

We need to edit the first post so it's similar in style to the ship list, have like an inventory of SPARTANs and ODSTs, but an unlimited number of marines, first come first serve. I wouldn't even suggest it if we had a little variation.

We also need to put down a new post with the same content.

You know I'm not saying having 7 SPARTANs is bad. I'm just saying I hope we get some normal character sign-ups.

In fact - in line with halo lore SPARTANs would probably be selected for this kind of mission (if spartans were all that were chose to deploy) - not many of them would be expected to make it out alive that being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back