A new spartan to the ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so yeah sorry for the double post, but here comes a triple eeep. Anyway few new updates emile eva helmet nearly finished, combat knife sketched ready to be cut and i also started emiles right shoulder.
P101010001.jpg

P101010002.jpg

might want to fix somethig with our helmet, those two bubbles on the top of the helmet, behind the visor, they are supposed to be recessed

Lookin good. I don't remember you, but I kind of fell off the planet before December and just came back a few days ago. Nice foaming for the boots. I was planning on making some ODST armor out of it, and am just waiting for money for materials.

Ben Steeper has a thread with some video tutorials, not sure if you have seen it yet, but it's pretty helpful. I believe soon he will be posting a video on hardening so look for that. Also, not all the videos are in the first post. Look through about the first 5 pages. After that is a bunch of discussion, but hey, that might be helpful also.

Anyways, your build is looking good so far. Good Luck. :D

hmmmmm. actually the non recesed version looks kinda cool. If it were me i wouldnt touch a thing on it.
i have to admit i do kinda like it, it gives the helmet more of a unique look. although i dont know if i will use it in my final costume, im falliing inlove with teh cqc helmet if im honest.

so i dont know if i drempt this but is there anything i can use to harden my armour that is in spray form?

For spray-on hardening, I haven't heard of anything "officially," but after reading this question I had this really strange idea... you could buy a plastic spray bottle from the dollar store, mix up a batch of slow-curing casting resin to put in it, and spray it on that way. Of course you'd ruin the bottle, and I have no idea what kind of results you might get, plus I'm sure you'd get resin EVERYWHERE... Hey, I didn't say it was a good idea.

updates....
finished my reach assult shoulder, is going to be used as my left shoulder peice.
P101015002.jpg

P101015001.jpg

I see you already have your undersuit hanging there in the background... :)

or it could just be a coat...... im using a set of black BDUs personally but thats just cuz they are cheap and easy to fuk around with if you need to add some clips and straps to help keep the armor on.

haha it is actually a coat, good guess tho:)
anyway small update decided to have a go at using clay and doing the whole process of mkaing a mold and such. all new to me, bit of a learning curve, decided to do something simplefor start eg hand plates.
from this
P101019001.jpg

to this in about half an hour, not bad for the first ever try using clay if i so myself:)
P101019002.jpg

not finale just a tester, wha you guys think?

updates, started a thigh using foam sheets, they are pretty thin but it think they'll do the job. Also found some old motor bike gloves im going to be using as part of my costume. Look the part dont they:)
P101023001.jpg

P101023002.jpg

P101023004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back