Banana's ODST Helmet Pepakura FINISHED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

acasualbanana

Jr Member
FINISHED PEP ON PAGE 4

Total noob.

Pictures will be posted later.

Current materials:

1 Xacto Knife with 4 extra blades

150 sheets of cardstock

Hot glue gun

Ruler

Pen

3D rendering of ODST helmet

Pepakura software

LET US BEGIN!

Please, if you start a WIP thread, then you must post pictures. There is not point in starting a build thread if you don't have pictures yet. Also, please don't double post if possible. Since you are the OP, you can double post to revive your own topic with updates. What you just did was bump, which is extremely annoying to older members, since you not only have no pictures to bump with, but you did it to make us keep reading it.

I'm really not trying to be rude, but I want to warn you that your topic will be closed if you continue bumping and don't add pictures.

That being said, the ODST are always glad to have new members! Can't wait to see progress. Good luck.

mlXn5.jpg

Here we go.

Top of the helmet, first time ever folding.

I'm nervous. Anything I should know about?

Just use a ruler, and two different pens. One for mountain and one for valley folds. Using pens are much easier than scoring with a knife, because its harder to go all the way through. Just go back and forth over the line a few times and you should be good. Maybe test a few folds first, just to get the hang of it. Its easy, just take your time and it will turn out nice.

Good luck!

Just use a ruler, and two different pens. One for mountain and one for valley folds. Using pens are much easier than scoring with a knife, because its harder to go all the way through. Just go back and forth over the line a few times and you should be good. Maybe test a few folds first, just to get the hang of it. Its easy, just take your time and it will turn out nice.

Good luck!
Thanks man!

I started, it turned out to be a heck of a lot easier than previously expected.

Two questions:
1) Whose model are you using? Just curious.

2) Are you gluing the pieces together inside-out?

Wait...

I know I have the folds right, and I've seen this exact same model, and the folds were on the inside. I think it's just ot give it a cleaner look. This pep file has more triangles than my geometry textbook, so they overlap on the inside.

That the spirit we need in noobs around here!!:) and that pep only consists of around 22 pieces, it can easily be re-done
32 if you separate them onto their own pages :D

And I'm not exactly easily discouraged lol. It would take my screwing up like 10 times to give up lol

I rarely see Halo 2 ODSTs, so I'm looking forward to this.

Generally, then numbers and folds face the outside, and the glue flaps go on the inside. However, as long as you do the whole model like that, I don't think it should matter. It just may get annoying when you cant see the numbers you are gluing to.

I rarely see Halo 2 ODSTs, so I'm looking forward to this.

Generally, then numbers and folds face the outside, and the glue flaps go on the inside. However, as long as you do the whole model like that, I don't think it should matter. It just may get annoying when you cant see the numbers you are gluing to.
I guess my absolute s***-tier gluing skills make up for that.

I can still check the flaps XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back