BiGHARYSCOTSMiN's 3D modeling quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use blender or 3ds max or lightwave or modo 401 blender is free and the others are not bigharicots min uses sketchup

Oh yeah, i was gonna start 3D modelling soon but which software should i use? Blender? Google Sketchup? Autodesk 123D? A quick reply would be appreciated :)

That's hard to say because everybody has preferences and mine was to use Sketchup because it's so darn easy to use. It's astronomically easier to use if you're a beginner.

Blender is a much more powerful program to use, and lots more people use it. I don't know what it is about it but it's incredibly difficult.Maybe I just haven't put enough time into it yet.

Autodesk has been around forever, but it's sorta low key because nobody uses it anymore. That's not to say it's bad or completely dead, but it's not optimal for character design. There is one CAD variant that people use but I can't recall it's name.

Anyway I recommend trying to use Blender, and then try Sketchup, then everything else. Modeling with Sketchup is difficult in different aspects, because it's like trying to make sculptures out of rope. Some people can do it, but it's a lot easier to use scrap metal and screws to make the same shape.

Actually it looks pretty good! :) Yeah it´s a low def. version but I think some cardboard or foam will do the trick, plus it´s kinda foam friendly but like I mentioned we have to add the details ourself. Anyway, you did a pretty good job! :D

Pat-

The headaches continue...

This is probably the messiest model extraction i've ever seen. the meshes are probably arranged this way to add the fluid effects you see when you jump with it in your hands.

No unfolds are scheduled, this will be intended for 3D printing because trying to make this out of paper will give you 20 different seizures

Untitled-1_zpse7a407a8.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zpse7a407a8.jpg
    Untitled-1_zpse7a407a8.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 156
Ugh, I know your pain...
Been working on the scattershot myself for a few days now... So many problems.
It is curious that the actual model the player holds is actually the amalgamation of all the individual parts seen when it self assembles, as opposed to simply having an animation and a static model.
Might explain the shiet framerate :p

Edit: Thought I'd save you some effort. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:264639

I'll take a look at it sometime, would you mind emailing me reference photos? I'll PM you my email.

I don't see the text you're quoting... so I don't know what you're talking about :S it says -snip- which I still don't know what it stands for

Edit: Thought I'd save you some effort. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:264639

Oh hey look! Looks wonderful, all blue looks weird though... thanks for sharing, it does save me effort.

Well I don't think I need to finish my scattershot since it's right there, everybody go hit it up (although it's in STL but like I said that thing isn't good for pepping)

---

Alright everybody go to Serin's Thingiverse page to get the Scattershot model for 3d Printing

SERIN'S SCATTERSHOT MODEL

Blue is the new black :p
I did manage to clean up at least 90% of the guts so if someone has the time to finish gutting it there may be a remote possibility of unfolding.

I only stress against making the scattershot with paper because the geometry looks so hard to put together.

Not impossible, sure... but i find it hard seeing that thing being made cleanly with glue.

I dunno, if somebody has the time they're welcome to try anything but...

I'll take a look at it sometime, would you mind emailing me reference photos? I'll PM you my email.
I don't see the text you're quoting... so I don't know what you're talking about :S it says -snip- which I still don't know what it stands for

@Scotsmin
You see that little blue [>>] icon? Click that. It's called a "post snap-back", and will send you back to the post being quoted.
"-snip-" just means someone has cut out a post so it doesn't become a wall-o-text. Also useful when quoting posts with several images.

@Scotsmin
You see that little blue [>>] icon? Click that. It's called a "post snap-back", and will send you back to the post being quoted.
"-snip-" just means someone has cut out a post so it doesn't become a wall-o-text. Also useful when quoting posts with several images.

Thanks! <- still a forum noob

is there any chance you will finde the time and create the CIO Chest Piece? I want to 3D print this armor until the next gamescom.

greetings.

here are two ref images. let me know if you need some from the game (screenshots from every angle)
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130114220556/halo/images/6/6c/MJOLNIR_CIO.png
http://halo4nation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/halo_4_dlc_armure_octobre_2012_5.jpeg

A request! Yesss

Again the usual with me: don't expect too much too soon

A request! Yesss

Again the usual with me: don't expect too much too soon

not a big deal. just take your time. can i ask you for a favour?
could you keep the file simple? L3X did the same on his non-published Recon Chest.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/190695_762991223019_965416290_n.jpg

you can easly add details on that with thin sheets of plastic. otherwise its hard to pep.
for 3D printing i can add the details by myself. Easy pepakura files has priority ^^
btw: if you need any ref pictures i can take it. i worked with Fat-Hi55 together and we did a great work :)

I sent links and permissions over to Ted who wanted to do something to the XV-27 Shifting Forearms project.

I don't know what he plans on doing, but he's up to something so keep and eye out for (what is now) his project. Yes, you might as well say he is taking over.

CIO here I come

This is what I'm doing right now. I haven't seen the recruit helmet floating around out there so I've started one.

I know the boot, chest, and shoulders have been released already so this should complete the set... right?

Untitled-1_zps6fdaa19f.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zps6fdaa19f.jpg
    Untitled-1_zps6fdaa19f.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 173
TRIPLE POST????!?!? THE WORLD IS GOING TO END NOW.

I finished the Recruit helmet. Hopefully somebody will find this useful.

HALO 4 RECRUIT HELMET

Untitled-1_zps393c182f.jpg
Credits: 343i, Microsoft and Me. You're welcome!

Attachments

• Untitled-1_zps393c182f.jpg
    Untitled-1_zps393c182f.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 220
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back