Builds By Baz - Full scale MKII Colonial Viper

Rear louvres to go then install in the nose.

Zy6PJDf.jpg

This is fantastic! With the weight reduction holes (technical term?) it looks almost like you're building a real functional one!

You should have seen the markings he put on the box. Pissed myself laughing when I received it! I'll get a photo of it later.
Now I'm curious about the markings! I want to piss... myself... too...? That came out wrong.

Oh man.. everything has grown, like wow. The last time I was talking here was like, last year, and you were still on your Iron man costume… This build is amazing, just amazing

I've now started cutting the formers for the cockpit. Looks like I'll be welding a steel box-frame inside to support the weight of the cockpit, occupant and to hang the nose from the front firewall. I also finished the nose intake grill.

YbErdFk.jpg

JoMAh7R.jpg

Meanwhile, the centre joystick arrived. It's pretty ballsy, a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Doesn't feel like a toy.

OrH3XbQ.jpg

As a side-project, trying to spread my productive time through the nights as well, I am making the flight suit, complete with helmet. I'm still waiting on our local law authorities for permission.permit for the sidearm.

This is a reference photo, not mine.
63iccO7.jpg

Here's where I'm at with the helmet.

bOeEV68.jpg

To catch up with the full build and all the gritty details, come this way >>> Viper Build – Builds by Baz

This week the seat and the Wulfsberg radio for the starboard panel arrived.

XxoJffq.jpg

b2LXRXw.jpg

I've been playing with perspex in the oven, brought to temperature and pressed over a curved surface to practice for the visor when it comes to it.

opgL6aT.jpg

The helmet turned out to be a bit too fitting, leaving no room for padding so I increased the scale by 10 percent and did it again.

79Y7U95.jpg

I'm also starting on the flight suit vest, using materials I found in roadside dumpings.

a8F3dmJ.jpg

Yikes, Australia has strict gun laws. I can only imagine the possible legal nightmares involving a prop, never mind something innocent as a Canon MF4320 Toner cartridge. Good thing you're playing it safe, but it sounds like even a partial gun prop could cause some difficulties in some places. Plan ahead I guess.

Dude, your helmet build is amazing. I checked out the link and never thought about using cement as a backing to the pep form for the visor.....dam that is genius!!!!! I am so stealing that technique......if I can figure out how to do it that is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back