Calgary Expo 2023 Booth Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denise and I can take on the stanchions so if you can get us the mold (you'll get it back when we're done) we'll get these done - of course we'll need to decide how many and what colours we want to do them in.

As for costs, that will come from Snow Burner members who are able to contribute. I think the first step will be doing the design and then figuring out what supplies are needed. Then we can price those all out and then whoever is able to either go get certain items or contribute towards the cost can do so. Of course we also have Mommabear's very kind offer of a bunch of supplies that are at her house but of course, that's another consideration as the stuff is in Edmonton.
If I knew for sure Phil was coming he has a trailer we could use to haul the wall sections and the MG easy.

Greetings programs, errr...troops!

2023 is here, and we are just THREE months away from CCEE!!!

Oh yeah, about bloody time I got in here!

Not sure how much I can contribute, given my physical location (Banff), and days off (which are NOT the weekend).

Has there been any discussion about power-drop(s) for the booth? And lighting or even computer displays?

I'll be checking in more often, now that I can get on the forums at work!

I guess lighting will depend on final design, but maybe accent/backdrop lighting? (red or blue or white...?) Thinking led string lights. Though if I recall, power drops for booths were an extra fee?

I guess lighting will depend on final design, but maybe accent/backdrop lighting? (red or blue or white...?) Thinking led string lights. Though if I recall, power drops for booths were an extra fee?
Depending on power, I have a decent number of “party style” lights. LED washes etc.

A computer is an interesting idea…405th forum signup terminal maybe?
Projector with photo slideshows?

Power I don't have any information on. We pondered making a recruitment booth once, but we should have the other guts of the booth hammered out first. Russett and I will be linking up again first weekend in Feb to keep working on the photo booth wall sengments.

In the past we ran a tv and DVD player to be able screen Halo movies, shorts, etc.

I'm going to asking for monthly or bi weekly updates starting in Feb. on all build projects to ensure we are all on task.

Sign Up Sheet . Please note that shifts will be fluid and you can tag out at any time. I split each shift so that we have a ballpark time to be at the booth. There will be a discord as well for Calgary Expo. Any volunteers are required to keep notifications on and be responsible about your time commitments.

For the Parade anyone wearing gear is welcome. I would like to have all volunteers attend if we can. We will need folks to leave the plaza/end of the parade early to ensure the booth is open and monitored.

For the Booth it self we will have at least 1 person in armor at all times. Please discuss amongst yourselves freely about who will kit down to rest. Do not feel obligated to stay in armor at all times. Please ensure you are also hydrating as the weather during Calgary varies wildly.

We’re gonna have some oversized items that we will need to get to and from the expo.
If anyone has a truck and is willing to help move stuff on the thursday and Sunday, please let us know. It’d be a big help :D

Hey there, just checking in! I will be in the city for ccee. I have my marine to pair up with Mads as well as some medically themed props in tow! I should be available for booth construction prior to the con and will be there for the full duration of the event.

One more item for discussion: POW.

I don't know if I'll be able to help rep the UNSC, as are Mando clan is struggling for regular numbers, so I may need to troop under the Mando flag.

But back to the actual con; I'll bring my ODST and H3 Marine. Not sure if ODST v2 will be ready in time; even if it is I may just leave it at home and reserve it for photoshoots, as I have a lot to try to squeeze in to my car already.

One more item for discussion: POW.

I don't know if I'll be able to help rep the UNSC, as are Mando clan is struggling for regular numbers, so I may need to troop under the Mando flag.

But back to the actual con; I'll bring my ODST and H3 Marine. Not sure if ODST v2 will be ready in time; even if it is I may just leave it at home and reserve it for photoshoots, as I have a lot to try to squeeze in to my car already.
There's a sign up slot for the POW on the linked sheet. I need to track down folks and confirm some attendance. I'll also update the first post with the volunteer sheet.

Gonna drop a tag here and ask that the following folks confirm their ability to attend.
Skoopa92
John Moffatt
ForumFrog
VonSnake
Elyairis
We'll be sorting out passes and other things once I can speak with FANGS . They have a lot going on right now but I will be in touch with them once we start hammering out the other details.

I'll 100% be at the expo, though I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to be anywhere other than my own table. I'll try and get someone to help run my table so I could spend some time at the 405th booth. the POW is on the first day right?

I'll 100% be at the expo, though I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to be anywhere other than my own table. I'll try and get someone to help run my table so I could spend some time at the 405th booth. the POW is on the first day right?
Pow should be Friday morning if my memory serves. It's on the sign up sheet for then.

I will be at the booth for sure with a little time at 501st booth. Not sure about the parade yet I have to see how mobile my elite turns out to be.

If you guys need any smaller booth dressing items just let me know. I wish that I could attend but there's an event that conflicts in schedule that I need to speak at.

If you guys need any smaller booth dressing items just let me know. I wish that I could attend but there's an event that conflicts in schedule that I need to speak at.
Anything you have would be good. Banners, table cloths, signage etc would be great.
I’m told there is a big 405th banner out there somewhere we could use for the parade but just don’t know where it is.

There's a sign up slot for the POW on the linked sheet. I need to track down folks and confirm some attendance. I'll also update the first post with the volunteer sheet.

Gonna drop a tag here and ask that the following folks confirm their ability to attend.
Skoopa92
John Moffatt
ForumFrog
VonSnake
Elyairis
We'll be sorting out passes and other things once I can speak with FANGS . They have a lot going on right now but I will be in touch with them once we start hammering out the other details.
VonSnake and I will for sure be at Expo and will be at POW. Just not sure what time we'd be able to do for the booth itself.

I'm hoping to have my large format printer running soon so if we're needing banners or posters printed it should be able to do it.

VonSnake and I will for sure be at Expo and will be at POW. Just not sure what time we'd be able to do for the booth itself.

I'm hoping to have my large format printer running soon so if we're needing banners or posters printed it should be able to do it.
That would be awesome. I think we have a lack of banners and posters.

I just need to order a couple more colours of ink and a roll of paper so I can do a full print test to ensure it's working and that there no issues with the nozzle but this is the big Epson monstrosity lol.

It has a 41"(I think. Somewhere around there) printing width so banners and posters shouldn't be an issue (it can print normal sizes too far as I'm aware)
20230122_155551.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back