Fallout 3, The Brotherhood of Steel Helmet DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detailing and paint are superb. You have got to do a tut on the rust effect you did, because that is awesome.
Once again, you've done a spectacular job. Everything looks great, Thorn.
Can't wait to see this one completed.

Well this can only go in one place. Elite!!
I think you should do the whole suit now though

ok now put it on... lol Looks great thorn

Detailing and paint are superb. You have got to do a tut on the rust effect you did, because that is awesome.
Once again, you've done a spectacular job. Everything looks great, Thorn.
Can't wait to see this one completed.

Thank you Everyone. :D

Bam!!!
Spotlight wired, snubbed, rusted and added.
Red lens added.

So just a few more pic's for today.
th_IMAG1166_zpsf44519fd.jpgth_IMAG1165_zps330cffdb.jpgth_IMAG1164_zpse5983a58.jpgth_IMAG1163_zps7bc6baad.jpgth_IMAG1160_zps1aebc0d3.jpgth_IMAG1162_zps7dfd382c.jpg

And the only way I could show the Red lens was to put a light on inside the helmet so here's that.
th_IMAG1167_zpsce733689.jpg

Don't let your dreams fade away...
Build something....
And remember them Forever.

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....
Your Dreams are always within Reach. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
th_JawDrop.png

OMG!!! Looks great! It would be awesome if you could figure out how to get those eyes to stay lit up like that. :cool

Great work, Thorn. Bravo. Are you calling this one completed now?

th_JawDrop.png

OMG!!! Looks great! It would be awesome if you could figure out how to get those eyes to stay lit up like that. :cool

Great work, Thorn. Bravo. Are you calling this one completed now?

Wait for it........ Wait for it. ;)
Side front bracket/guard added
Finish paint done
Dry brush done.

Ok...Now it's Done.
Final redundant pics are up.

th_100_3269_zpsb47945c1.jpgth_100_3271_zps12704e1f.jpgth_100_3266_zpscc053b37.jpg

th_100_3256_zps78e294a4.jpgth_100_3253_zps92571082.jpgth_100_3252_zps984054c5.jpg

th_100_3232_zps53769992.jpgth_100_3236_zps68de7234.jpgth_100_3227_zps54176fce.jpg

Welcome to the Brotherhood

This concludes the show, I hope you enjoyed your stay.:cool
Till the next build. ;)

Build something....

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....

okay thorn, where is the rest, so we can mock battle, ranger vet vs brotherhood member haha. Amazing helmet.

the guys over at the wasteland outpost would dig this too.

Absolutely amazing work thorn!! Knocked another one out of the park buddy. :)

-Matt
Thank you for the kind words. :D
okay thorn, where is the rest, so we can mock battle, ranger vet vs brotherhood member haha. Amazing helmet.

the guys over at the wasteland outpost would dig this too.
Thank you.
As to the other This was a project for a friend. :DSorry it's just the helmet at this time.:cool

Great job, Thorn. Congrats on the completed helmet.
Last few details look awesome.
I do wish your friend's head was a little bigger so you could have pulled a cast on this one. LOL :p I'd been in line for one for sure.
Bravo, Sir. . . Bravo.

Great job, Thorn. Congrats on the completed helmet.
Last few details look awesome.
I do wish your friend's head was a little bigger so you could have pulled a cast on this one. LOL :p I'd been in line for one for sure.
Bravo, Sir. . . Bravo.
Thank Spartan_127.:D
And yes I wish I had thought about sizing it a little bigger. Problem is for the next build I need to find a good generic size that fits most. ;)

Side note: I may revisit this build design again a little later. You never know when you just might see it in a bigger size. :cool

Sounds awesome. I think the most popular hat sizes are about 7 1/8 - 71/2. We just need to figure out the scaling for that. :D
And you really need to put up a tut or something about the rust effects you did. Paint on this is awesome.

Sounds awesome. I think the most popular hat sizes are about 7 1/8 - 71/2. We just need to figure out the scaling for that. :D
And you really need to put up a tut or something about the rust effects you did. Paint on this is awesome.

I'll try to take the time to paint up a rusted out piece of paper later. It's really easy to do.
1.) base coat light or dark. Light brings out the Orange color. Dark makes it look old and set in. You can do a silver base as well to make it look like new rust.
2.)Burnt Umber sponged on
3.)Sand mixed with a few drops of yellow sponged on right over that to lighten/highlight
4.)Then stain. repeat stain till it's as dark as you want it. Rust stain can be bought at any model shop and makes the rusting out Iron look really easy.
5.) let this sit a few day to cure fully.
6.) seal with clear coat.

Step 3.) I like to do a dry brush as the final coat to highlight all the detail.

Step 4.) Just take your time and add a little stain at a time and watch grow to that deep dark color.

Keep in mind this is just for Iron.
Steel would be to add blue to the base coat.
Other metals oxidize in different colors.

Hope that helps :cool

Definitely helps. If I get around to doing something that has rusted up, I've got some steps to follow.
As always, thanks for the advise.
Can't wait to see how your next build goes.

I did a poll at work and found that most of my co-workers are at a 7-7.25
I found only 2 that were over a 7.5
So I'm doing the Gundam sinaju helmet at 7.5 just to give room for padding and that should fit most people.

Definitely helps. If I get around to doing something that has rusted up, I've got some steps to follow.
As always, thanks for the advise.
Can't wait to see how your next build goes.

Always glade to help, As to the next build I'll have the new pep started this weekend. :)

Build something....

My co worker and friend just shipped out to the Middle East this past week, Godspeed my friend. Come back to us safe.
Here he is wearing his helmet.

11253_10152559746230215_542424130_n_zps6546c397.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back