Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan55 Oh, I remember that. But it was at the beginning. Currently in Spartan-IV program only the eggheads are to maintenance the armor.
Directly quoting from Halo 4 LE's journal "CARE FOR ARMOR: a. All Spartan-IV Armor care is performed on S-Deck in the Armor Bay by qualified CLass-B1 Techs. Spartan-IVs are never to attempt any careor maintenance of the armor themselves."
Also, yep. I am very familiar with the chipping method - most people use either mustard or latex. Personally I don't like using this method.
Yeah still weird
And what method do you use then?

Alright! Let's go, baby!

Resined the shoe plates. 3 layers inside and outside. I might have to modify the back part, those sides to stick more to the shoe, but I'm much happier how they look.
The size difference isn't big! But it makes a difference.

I'll fiberglass those tomorrow and they'll be ready for bondo work and detailing... but I'm sure it won't take long. :3

View attachment 243921

View attachment 243922

View attachment 243923
Looking great
The new boots look so much better

Voren Marr Thank you :)

Spartan55 I'm painting the battle damage. And thank you. :)

-//- UPDATE -//-

Finished the glove armor plates, will glue them now onto the glove.

DSC02647.JPG

Also, fiberglassed the shoe plates today as well and primed parts to see how much I have to do of sanding and bondo'ing.
Not much, to be honest, just have to make those smooth for the most part.

DSC02641.JPG

Last, but not least, finished the second forearm. Yay!

DSC02643.JPG

DSC02644.JPG

DSC02645.JPG

DSC02646.JPG

Out of my way now you guys and girls...(rolls up sleeves as he pushes trough the crowd)...now it is my turn to deliver compliments to the lady!
Seriously - what an amazing build!!:D
You just keep getting better and better at this....makes fun to hide in the shadows and feast on the awesomeness of this thread:ninja:
(Slowly disappears into the darkness again.....)

ReClaimer8015 WOW! Thank you very much for your kind words. Really, thank you! :D I'm very happy you like it. :D

-//- UPDATE -//-

Last update for today. Glove almost finished. Now just gotta do a small parts for trigger fingers and they'll be done. :)

DSC02648.JPG

Out of my way now you guys and girls...(rolls up sleeves as he pushes trough the crowd)...now it is my turn to deliver compliments to the lady!
You just keep getting better and better at this....makes fun to hide in the shadows and feast on the awesomeness of this thread:ninja:
'Wakes up" Whys everything so blurry... 'pass out'

ReClaimer8015 WOW! Thank you very much for your kind words. Really, thank you! :D I'm very happy you like it. :D

-//- UPDATE -//-

Last update for today. Glove almost finished. Now just gotta do a small parts for trigger fingers and they'll be done. :)

View attachment 243959
Again I'll say it again this looks amazing!!!!
Quick question any suggestions wean the knuckle pieces won't sit probably because the knuckle itself is to big?

Spartan55 Thank you, really. :)
Why could the knuckle pieces not sit? I never had any problems before and these were glued just with super glue earlier. Now I've glued them with contact cement, but I can move my hand and fingers freely, no restrictions at all. o.o

-//- UPDATE -//-

Progress on the shoe parts. Covered just the desired areas in bit of body filler, just those that should be smoothed out and a little bit more where they should be rounded.
Ta-da. Finished, now I'll have to add details with foam.

DSC02651.JPG
DSC02654.JPG

Spartan55 Nah, no problem, you can write here, if it could be a problem it could possibly help other people.

-//- UPDATE -//-

Alright, shoe plates detailed with foam, just have to carve out few additional details and can paint them.
1f642.png

DSC02655.JPG

Attachments

• 1f642.png
    1f642.png
    474 bytes · Views: 168
Last update for today I guess. Just spraying the shoe parts. First coat.
Boring process as it's just spray > wait > spray > wait... Most likely will do the dark gray + red markings tomorrow... But I have to say I seriously love how they look.

So, I guess it's the last update. In the meantime I'll start to add details to the thigh plate.

DSC02656.JPG

the boots are worn out from drop kicking grunts:D
if you read the books (which I'm sure most have) it actually sounds like they have little to no knowledge on how to repaired and maintain their suites the closest thing I can remember to a accrue mention of a Spartan fixing their suit was Kelly putting new parts on after the fall of reach. it's really weird considering how they maintain the rest of their equipment.....
but back on topic have you ever used the 'mustered' method to getting the chipped paint effect punished props has a great tutorial on it if your wondering what I mean but could you put a video up (like you did with the magnetic holster) demonstrating some of your weathering methods ?

Sorry to back track on the conversation, but in the book "First Strike", after all of blue team crash lands back on to Reach and Fred has a moment, he successfully replaces a broken hydraulic seal on his suit by salvaging a piece from a fallen Spartan's. He was remorseful to do so but to para-phrase the book: "To not do so would dishonor the gift of the parts and that over the years, the Spartans had been able to do minor repairs on their own." I think that they had rudimentary knowledge of repair to their suit but only when access to eggheads was unavailable......like in the middle of a mission.

Dirtdives You're right. :) But I rather meant with introduction of Spartan-IV program they might have changed the regulations. :)
Red Team in Halo Wars 2 repaired their armor too on the Ark. :)

So, either they changed that or like you said - they are allowed only in emergency.

Has anyone pointed out your photography skills? Very good lighting and placement. I like the dynamic blue lighting too. :D

Has anyone pointed out your photography skills? Very good lighting and placement. I like the dynamic blue lighting too. :D
Yeah, I've noticed the photography skills, but I've mostly been focusing on the background. I know it's weird, but it's a habit of mine...:lol: CP's photography skills actually make it hard to point out stuff that I'm not supposed to. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one.:D

Also, Cmdr, is the base coat of the boots grey, or is that just primer? I can't tell what that spray can in the background is.

Anyway, boots look awesome...just like everything else. (foam rules! xD)

That^ cracked me up, ReClaimer8015. I must say, 405thians are the best! :D

Dirtdives You're right. :) But I rather meant with introduction of Spartan-IV program they might have changed the regulations. :)
Red Team in Halo Wars 2 repaired their armor too on the Ark. :)

So, either they changed that or like you said - they are allowed only in emergency.
Sorry to side track but you may be on to something. I remember reading something about Naomi-010 in kilo five tending to her own armor and I think gray team as well. But like you've said they weren't spartan IVs I think they were all Spartan IIs. They were also covert ops as well so pretty much always in the field.
I too think your photography skills are great. I almost left a comment about it just after you posted it. But I got distracted by the piece on wall in the blue pictures.Guess I had mblackwell1002 moment :whistle:

Last edited:
PerniciousDuke Wow, thank you! :D Very happy you like it! I always try to present pieces as good as I can, so preferably have good lightning and get desired parts sharp. o.o I'm no photographer though, but occasionally I do some photo sessions of some figures and such. ^^ Seriously thank you, feeling so appreciated now in that subject.
Lately I made few photos of the Titanfall 2 BT-7274 figure, so here is an example if you want to see:

DSC02582.JPG DSC02574.JPG

mblackwell1002 Hahah! XD I have to thank it on the blur then! :D You have no idea how it made me laugh. Week ago I cleaned my room and everything and just then some friends were sharing how our desks looked like so I could proudly present my clean space (well, since I'm crafting it got messy XD) and on the photos they laughed because they thought they saw my underwear laying on my bed. XDDD Had to ask them where they are seeing those panties... turned out it's only my Star Wars bedding... :D
Well, it was the base light gray paint. It looks very weird on the photo, but because the area there isn't nicely lit - the light isn't very bright and it's very yellow... TBH when I was spray painting those pieces I had brainfart and first thought I'm using beige color! And had to seriously check cans and all... ._. It really had me fooled, but I blame it on the lightning.
And thank you ;)

SavedbyGraceG12 :ninja: Umm... I scrolled down and I had indeed replied with "[...]await a tutorial soon!" :whistle:
Bwahahaha! XD Soon. It was um... over a year ago... I suck so badly. :D
But... but... If I did it year ago it would have sucked. You've seen how the armor looked previously. :cry:
So... um... It took a long time, but, hahaha, I have worked out and improved my armor painting skills, so a potential tutorial could be better now. (y)
In all seriousness, however... I was thinking about making a tutorial now. In fact I've been thinking more and more about making some videos as well. I like with video content you can both talk and show what you mean at the same time, so it's faster and easier IMO.
I'll try to make a tutorial on one of the smallest pieces as I don't want to be left with chest piece. I'll have to think, could use either one of the small remaining pieces or the helmet as thighs, arms and shins are pretty big.

SI3RRA 117 It's Kilo Five! ONI in the shadows. O_O Shhhhh... I hope they didn't flag this or they will find us and... and...
You're right, but it's Osman's Kilo Five, Osmans thing... But yeah, she isa SPartan-II and actually she has Mark VII and she's the only known person to use that armor... I think most likely it's just rule on stations like Infinity where Spartans shouldn't do anything with the armor, but just let the eggheads work on it. But it keeps me thinking - if they can't pretty much even touch the armor, how do they learn how it functions to be able to do some emergency maintenance in field?

-//- UPDATE -//-

Ladies... and other Spartans, another update!

I'm seriously thinking more and more about starting doing some video logs. XD

-

I've finished spray painting the shoes! Yay! Now I can move on to the good part - hand painting and it means weathering time!
And I can't wait to finish those and compare with old parts! :D

DSC02659.JPG

Also, I like to work this way so I have the whole time both something to craft - adding details and such and having something to paint.
For example - if weather is bad and I can't do something outside, I still can do something inside and not waste time as I have a deadline and I'd like to finish it before then. (deadline is mid-July, but preferably I'd love to finish it all sooner ;) )
Soo... Here is thigh piece I've been working on as in adding details and all. Halfway done as I still need to finish few spots on the inner part and in the front, but I have to finish removing paint in the front first... Old thigh piece for comparison. ^^
Also, as I added foam where the magnet is for the Magnum to be attached, any part won't be stressed anymore - earlier where both Magnum and thigh piece were hard surface it always put stress to both and that clank noice when the magnets were snapping together... no moar!

DSC02658.JPG

Awesome. The raised detail adds so much for being just small bits and pieces.
Oh and almost forgot very cool slippers.:cool:

Last edited:
I've recently found video footage of me on cons, just few seconds each - uploaded it on my YT, forgotten to share here.

Also, I have more photos and such, not sure if I should post them too as they are all from events from last year.

First one is amazing - great camera work, sharpness and lightning. Second one isn't bad, but YT screwed up and made the video few mins long where in reality clip is few seconds long... ._.

SI3RRA 117 Thank you. ;) That was the plan!

SavedbyGraceG12 Should do this month or in July. :)

-//- UPDATE -//-

It may seem as if I'm procrastinating but I'm totally not. I admit, I was playing Halo 5 yesterday, but I haven't been playing at all so I had to...
But I've been working on painting the shoe plates, thigh and today I've finally did last part for the glove.

It may seem like a small and unnecessary detail, but it was something I had and something I really wanted to have to complete the glove.
That small part on the trigger finger, it may be small but I think it may be necessary. If you want I still have one to go so I could record some footage in case you'd want to do it too.

Here is made, before sealing and painting. For comparison - that part on the left is the older piece. :)

DSC02666.JPG

Sealed and painted. Way better now. :3

DSC02668.JPG

DSC02673.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back