Status
Not open for further replies.

Skidmorpheus

Member DIN
S728
I finished a new piece yesterday.

Can you guess which one?
hint.jpg

If you don't get it just look at the last post on page 2.

I have my wifes armor completed in pepakura Updated pics in post # 32 on page 2

Robogenisis' pep MA5C
IMG_0087.jpg

Robogenisis' HD hand plates
IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

The left one looks better cause It was the second one I did. Hopefully everything will be alright when I resin it.

Flying Squirrel Helm
DSC00085.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

I was wondering if it is worth trying to cut out this shaded piece to see if it fits.

DSC00082copy.jpg

That is it so far.

Robo handplates look great. I'm working on them now and I know what a pain they are with all the small folds. Keep updating!

wow those ARE some nice pep skills. when i put it together it looks gross =[ (thats y i got no pics lol)

@ AoBfrost Wow Thanks! That means a lot from you. I just followed the stickies. :p

@LastSpartan If you want to come to Ecuador I will give you a puppy free of charge! ;)

@shadow8136 Thanks do you want to come get a puppy too :D

@LukeTrocity I thought the were a little on the poor side. They will get better I promise.

@thoren Just take your time and go slow. It will work out fine. It took me 2 days to do the first hand plate cause I was nervous, but I am not in a hurry to get done. I give you a little tip.

31SYq5+ItGL._AA250_.jpg

I used Loctite Superbonder Control Gel in the real small detail parts and regular hot glue on the larger easy to glue tabs. I would just use the super glue but at $5 a bottle I save it for when I really need it.

LastSpartan said:
I used Super Glue too. I bought from eBay.

Do you think it's the same quality? (it's way cheaper on ebay)

I dont know If it is the same brand then yeah. :rolleyes j/k

I liked this super glue cause it has a smaller tip to get in to the tight spaces and this particular brand is a gel. It dosen't dry instantly takes 3-4 seconds of pressure to stick well. That gave me more time to line up the tabs properly. Which is the difference between :lol: & :mad:

P.S. The puppies are molded over a slow 2 month process. After that you just have to clean them up a bit and in no time the look like this.
S5031518lowres2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE AR but how r u gonna make it strong without messing up the look? would u have to fiberglass the outside??? or would u need to cut it in half to fiberglass it in the inside so it will still look great?

spartan 300 said:
NICE AR but how r u gonna make it strong without messing up the look? would u have to fiberglass the outside??? or would u need to cut it in half to fiberglass it in the inside so it will still look great?

Still not exactly sure on that on still have to do some reading. But my guess is that you can resin the outside (just resin). Then cut it in half and put the fiberglass mat in the inside to make it ridged. Then put the two halve back together. slap on sum mud sand and then paint.

I haven't got that far along yet I was going to search around to see what others were doing and what works/looks best then attempt to do it the same way. I am definitely going to start off with something simpler first then try and tackle th AR after I am more skilled in fiberglassing.

LastSpartan said:
I just bought your glue on eBay. 6 packs for 9$

Wow thats a good deal. Does the seller have anymore?

Awesome MA5C, I don't have the courage to pep a gun....and those puppies are CUTE! What are you doing with them? (sorry if you said so before I just looked at the pictures lol...)

The Kraken said:
Awesome MA5C, I don't have the courage to pep a gun....and those puppies are CUTE! What are you doing with them? (sorry if you said so before I just looked at the pictures lol...)

Thanks it wasn't that hard. It just took a while. I didn't think i was ready for a helmet so I tried the AR instead.

I am trying to sell the puppies I have 2 labs that we bred and my female had 12 puppies this time. She really surprised us with that one. I have 4 left but it has been a busy month and a half raising them and cleaning up after them. Especially the cleaning up. They are cute and sweet but It is time for them to find a new home.

P.S. Just realized you are from Missouri what part. I was born and raised in St Joseph 40 min north of KC

SPARTAN G-099 said:
Still not exactly sure on that on still have to do some reading. But my guess is that you can resin the outside (just resin). Then cut it in half and put the fiberglass mat in the inside to make it ridged. Then put the two halve back together. slap on sum mud sand and then paint.

I haven't got that far along yet I was going to search around to see what others were doing and what works/looks best then attempt to do it the same way. I am definitely going to start off with something simpler first then try and tackle th AR after I am more skilled in fiberglassing.

i plan on making an AR like yours but i need to see someone make a durable one if not then i might need to just mold one by making one, resin the outside, and mold it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back