G-099 Armor Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tip: use hot glue if you can, super glue is good too, but if you misplace a tab, getting it off wont be easy.

Also, you're in Ecuador? At first i thought you were in the US, does cardstock and resin have the same name there? Or are they called another name?

AoBfrost said:
Tip: use hot glue if you can, super glue is good too, but if you misplace a tab, getting it off wont be easy.

Also, you're in Ecuador? At first i thought you were in the US, does cardstock and resin have the same name there? Or are they called another name?

Yeah I have been using hot glue for the bigger easier to glue tabs I just use the super glue for the small detail stuff like the hand plates. But that is a good deal on super glue.

I am working in Ecuador, been here 4 1/2 years. There is a type of paper they call cartulina it is sold in grams per meter, I think. Around 200Gr. is the same thickness as the 110lbs card stock. It is probably easier for the people living in metric countries to buy that type of paper. As for the resin It is called resina. So the same translated to Spanish. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm Back I went on vacation for a bit so the armor got put on hold. But I'm recharged and read to work. I spent my last 2 days off from work cutting and gluing a FS helm and was excited I finished it. That is until i realized it is too small. :mad:

I did build his size tester first before I went in vacation and it fit so I printed the HD helm out and forgot about it till I got back. The real bummer is I have all my stuff to start glassing and now have to repep the helm. :mad:

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

I was wondering if it is worth trying to cut out this shaded piece to see if it fits.
DSC00082copy.jpg

What do you all think?

MasterBest1 said:
Your armor looks really good!

Thanks But it looks like I'm going to give the helm to my wife. She wants me to make her armor now. Im going to do it first so I can practice and wait for all the HD models to come out. Then back to my armor!

you could put a couple of coats of resin on the helm and put it up on the classified seeing if any one would want that helm

AoBfrost said:
Very nice pictures for the helmet! what model of FS's was it? Original? it doesn't look like the final.

It is definately not the final. I think it was the second one :unsure: He changed it so many times its hard to tell. I will be building the final one for myself after I build the size tester again.

UNSC Certified said:
thats lookin great!!! Awesome job on the pep work, this is deff gunna be something outstanding!!

Thanks! I hope so. I have never done fiberglass or bondo work, but looking forward to the challenge.

@ Spartan 051 not ready to give up on it just yet. I see it as an opertunity to pratice and hone my other skills

I know double posting is a no no but I didn't want to start a new tread about this and its been over a month since I last posted, but I got My wifes armor all peped out.

So here are some pics.
IMG_1301copy.jpg

IMG_1304copy.jpg

What do you guys think?

The torso Is DF4L model unfolded by me and the Helmet is FS second to last version I think? :unsure:

The Space diaper and forearms are from the Female master chief pack and the rest is the Mark VI pack from Robo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back