Gundam Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for coming in late, but I too am a huge gundam fan from the Toonami age! I am a Zeon all the way, and I just love all the OYW suits, especially the Zakus and Goufs! I have alot of the UC shows, working on getting more.

The two shows that I don't like that I have seen are the SEED series and G Gundam. Seed is just a rip of all the other series and the pilots are all a bunch of whining emo teenagers who need a good old Bright-slap! As for G gundam, it was just stupid IMO.

Given the chance, I would love to build a wearable MS costume, perhaps a Zaku I or II, maybe even a customized Gouf!

Well, SEED was someone's attempt to remake and modernize 0079, and, really, it wasn't done well. I blame the fact that there was no Tomino in its production. And, yes, G Gundam was stupid, but it didn't TRY to be serious. It was all done in good humor, as a super robot anime. I don't compare it to other Gundam titles, because, to me, it's in a different genre. (Super Robot, vs Real Robot)

Anyway, I just wanna say, this is no Zaku, boy:
No_Zaku_Mah_Boi_by_VR_Eli.jpg

One good game for suit rips, if Nintendude can; would be Gundam: Crossfire, or over seas it's Gundam: Target in Sight.
Just an input I had.

Yeah, I color a mech festive every year for Christmas, for the last 3 years. Check 'em:
2009:
MechaChristmas2009.png

2008:
vf1sfighterchristmas.png

vf1sbattroidchristmas.png

That one, there, I did when I was just starting out editing. It was done up in MS Paint. Took a good 5 straight hours to make that one look as good as it does. I've been meaning to redo my VF-1 line in GIMP, but I've misplaced my original lineart.

Except it wouldn't. First off, the lineart's shadowed. If I went over it in white, that would get rid of the shadows. But, the further issue is that my method doesn't work that way. I don't color over the existing colors, I select an area and modify it's Hue, Saturation, and Luminosity values. This way, I keep shadows, gradients, and lines, with minimal work. However, increasing the Luminosity value past 0 makes the entire selection get lighter. That means the lines go wonky, too.

In any case, my works in paint have no anti-aliasing, and the amount of work to remake them from scratch, essentially, is less than the amount of work to find the uncolored lineart.

Well they still look great. So pretty much remaking them from scratch is easier?
Should do a Zaku!

I'm getting some measurements together for a Zaku and Gelgoog Head, then once I have a better Idea on how to use my modeling programs, I'll run them through pep.

Reminds me. RX-79[G] is still in limbo :/

Anyway, I got all kinds of lineart to color, especially for Gundam, but I'm trying to get a hold of someone who has the masters for the VFs I worked.

Oddly enough, I don't have any clean lineart of RX-78. Any of 'em. For that matter, I got NOTHING from SEED or Wing.

Yea I didn't know the file you posted was for 3d modeling, I thought you wanted it unfolded. I'm still working on the H3 Flamethrower, and my version of an unmounted M-134. but those're later.

Have you tried looking up the Gundam Mechanics Series manuals?
They have some pretty decent Lineart of alot of different suits. I can see if i have a few to email ya if y a like.

Also my camera takes pretty decent pics, and Lineart style pics would you like a few from What I have?

Well, I mean, I could get a fair bit of my missing lineart, if I was willing to clean up the scans of lineart from my MG and PG Gunpla manuals. (Almost all of my lineart is cleaned up versions of that)

Still, I really need to see about getting that broken and unfolded. I'm making a Shiro Amada costume, and I need the RX-79[G] arm to make an Ez8 forearm prop.

My cousin absolutely loved 08th MS, until that scene, at which point he completely gave up on it, much to my chagrin. He's obviously never heard of PTSD.

But, anyway, I wanna carry around a 1:12 scale version of that forearm, as Shiro, for kicks.

It's pretty simple. 18m=60ft 60/5=12 so 1:12 scale. 60/6=10 for scale adjusted to 6 feet tall.

Great example is Ultra-Super-What-The-Hell 1:12 scale RX-78-2.

AHA! I knew it, see I kept doing it in meters and I was trying get my answer in feet.

Heres a suit I wouldn't mind Pepping to my size.
11142020001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back