Halo 4 Master Chief First Pepakura Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstolen24

68e0587b.jpg

040af7e4.jpg

33152ebd.jpg

34e9ede0.jpg

This my first time building a pepakura project.
This helmet was pretty difficult to pep.
These pics are just before I fiberglassed the helmet.

Hey Istolen24,
your pep work looks really good and clean.
But it seems to me that the top of your helmet isnt't 100% straight. I don't know if it changed after fiberglassing but if not you could try to use some big pieces of paper in the inside of your helmet to stabilize it a bit more ;)

Ya, I tried to fix it a lil before fiberglassing and it didn't quite work so I have a decent amount of work to do to fix it now. I will post pics once I get it fixed. I have only fiberglasses the inside so far. Not exactly sure how to fix it yet, but I need to stare it for awhile tonite to figure out a strategy.

I was hoping that you did not resin or glass it yet. If you did I am afraid you need to redo the helmet. The brim should look like a baseball helmet fold in. And the roundel on the back is a valley fold. It should be sunken inside the helmet. That is a tough one to fix if you already harden the helmet.

For your next parts I would suggest that it it would be better if you would use a coat of resin at the outside at first before fiberglassing. Then the part is a bit more solid and it makes it easier for you to work with the (sometimes tricky) fiberglass in the inside. This makes it also easier for you to correct such little imperfections at the beginning.

Ahh I totally missed that, "CoolC". Redoing is definitely a possibility now... But I will still take a long look at it before proceeding with that. This is a long build.

Before rebuilding it, look up some of the tips and tutorials around the site for pepakura. Tons of little tricks like scoring your folds and using a toothpick to spread minimal glue on tabs will make your build that much cleaner and easier to work with. Best of luck!

I wouldn't say your the first h4 pepakura builder, but nice job so far but you need to fix the cave in at the top as CoolC said.

I used that file too, its a pain in the arse indeed. took me two weeks to finish pepping and it still is a little warped.

I fiberglassed the outside of the helmet. I built both forearms(not fiberglassed yet). Working on bicep tricep pieces now, rebuilt the bicep-tricep pieces from scratch. I wanted to add more detail, I will post pics soon.

Here are a few updates
IMG_3346_zpsb664aba9.jpg

IMG_3344_zps9ac509d9.jpg

IMG_3731_zps103d1b73.jpg

I am currently pepping this, hopefully have both arms pepped this weekend then I fiberglass the outside of each piece.
IMG_3856_zpsdbff0446.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back