Halo 4 - Master Chief Reference Pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumption 117

Hi All,

Trying to get a feel for how I'm going to craft MC's new armor in addition to an undersuit.

My searches here have come up fruitless trying to find a thread dedicated to high quality pics / details for MC. Does anyone have a link / thread that might contain some screenshots, etc?

Side note: as I can only post here, any thoughts on what to use for the "bumpy undersuit" of Master Chief? I've been looking at rubber stores but have only found bulky mats that somewhat resembles the bumps, but the circles are scaled correctly. Maybe I might need to make is a custom silicon solution instead?

Well I'm not much help but waypoint might have some , if not just look up hd mc halo 4 it might come up with something
For the under suit I've seen people use various materials, check brandonators master chief he's in my Friends list.
Sorry I'm not much help but its good to get a response from someone, isn't it?

Croc co

Cheers Croc Co.

I have downloaded some pictures from Waypoint, which appear to be in a 720p resolution. I haven't been able to find a way to capture campaign videos in Halo 4 to then zoom in to take screenshots (no temporary files, like what Reach used to do). Someone may be able to detail a way to do this so I can then start sketching up what the undersuit should look like and start sourcing materials for it.

I've checked out thebrandonator's build and I like the armor build but want to take the undersuit to the next level (if my talents will allow me to do so). I'm also thinking of using strong magnets to have the armor pieces stick together and onto the undersuit.

There's an art book called Awakening: the art of Halo 4 coming out soon.

There are also a lot of blogs from various artists working on the game who will start to release artwork in the coming weeks. I'll get back here and post links when they appear.
Or you can go visit the forums at polycount.com which is the biggest game artist website, there's certainly going to be a Halo 4 thread there too.

You can already find Spartan IV armor concept art drawn on top of the undersuit here:
http://koryhubbell.blogspot.com.au/

More will probably follow soon.

Thanks for the link, hopefully more reference concept art will be released to help provide the finer details of MC's armor!

I probably should have put Master Chief in the thread title, as that's what my build will be. Lacking time at the moment to start my own sketches and planning but I'll get there.

Also, I've found that there's no way currently to record your halo 4 campaign videos unless you use a capture card. This really sucks, because you can't view it like your multiplayer theatre files. Why 343 decided to remove this function with H4 is anybody's guess, but it's very frustrating trying to look at details from all angles.

Edit: found update thread title :)

A coworker bought the art book and it only has a double page on the final Chief design; it is however an orthographic front view and I think a side view as well. The rest of the images are about the development of the suit, showing various ideas that have been abandoned.

Also, there are a few high res shots released by the marketing dept, like these:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/132988...ts_maps_revealed_via_amazing_art_screens.html

Other than that, it's hard to find precise references for scale and general shapes. The currently available pep files are about, say, 70% accurate - the general proportions and the details are both wrong here and there.

Oh and this is the gallery of the artist who designed the armor:
http://robogabo.cghub.com/
If any official images are to appear, they'll surely be posted here. It's been two months since the release - but the Didact stuff has only been posted this week, so there's still hope that some ortho images will surface eventually. Until then, the safest way is still to get the art book, the ortho views can provide a good start for freehanding or for a 3D modeler to modify the existing files.

Found an image:

art-of-halo-4-c.jpg

Unfortunately it's skewed beyond help, couldn't fix it in an image editor ;)

However you guys can decide if it's worth getting the book for these images. You can scan them to get ortho front/back views. It's also a very, very nice book, lots of paintings and sketches.

Thanks for the links above, there were some hi-res pics I didn't came along yet, haha, what book is that? very nice. although there are no real side views.

Found an image:

art-of-halo-4-c.jpg

Unfortunately it's skewed beyond help, couldn't fix it in an image editor ;)

However you guys can decide if it's worth getting the book for these images. You can scan them to get ortho front/back views. It's also a very, very nice book, lots of paintings and sketches.

Thanks for the pic. I think I might need to go find that art book. Maybe if someone already has the book they might be nice and provide some scans? :p

This is the Holy Grail
Especially digging these images
1 - Detail is very crisp

But I think these have proboably already been posted :confused

Thanks for the link to the reference links. Some cool HD pictures on that press website. Too bad there isn't any more available on the MC (eg: back view), although it is a site to market the game.

Thanks for the pic. I think I might need to go find that art book. Maybe if someone already has the book they might be nice and provide some scans? :p

I'm hoping for the same thing to happen. :p

Thanks for the link to the reference links. Some cool HD pictures on that press website. Too bad there isn't any more available on the MC (eg: back view), although it is a site to market the game.

Yeah, thanks for the link, these pictures are the real deal when it comes to high definition, strange that you can't find these pictures with this resolution anywhere else on the web.

This is the best back view you can get from MC, it's not super close but sufficient I think. http://fs.gamespress.com/protected/...9/663d5a38e7321471/e32012_halo4_campaign4.jpg

I posted these in another thread but they are scanned from the Halo 4 art book.. coul dbe what you are looking for..

EJoc4.jpg

hi res

i.imgur.com/EJoc4.jpg

-James-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back