Halo CE MK V Build... In Foam! WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose vs Grif

Member DIN
S737
Hello all! For my next project I will be tackling the challenge of making the original Halo CE armor! This should be easy (I hope :p) as all of the armor is pretty low def. I've wanted to make this armor for a while now, but never got around to it. I really like the the look of the armor because I feel that it's very iconic to the Halo series. I want to do this build justice! I will make the armor out of foam (I think that's a first, but maybe not) since it's very easy to work with. Here are some reference pictures that I will be using:

Master_Chief_Running.gif

MasterChiefReference.jpg

still_01small.jpg

chief_max_weighted.jpg

============================================================================================

I will be using MOZ's files and editing them for foam. I may or may not try to do the helmet in foam also, I'll have to see about it. Also, I've tried building MOZ's helmet in pepakura before, but the scale always turns out wrong, so I'll just go with Rundown's version of the helmet. So far, I only have the handplates traced and cut on paper, but I will have more soon seeing as its my birthday this week and I will be able to get some money to buy more foam. Please Leave feedback and suggestions for me to try on my build. This should be a quick one since I'm used to dealing with HD pieces. Wish me luck! Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Also, if there are any modelers willing to edit MOZ's files for foam friendly use that would be greatly appreciated as I'm not so good at editing files for foam, LOL :p

Hey i have a bunch of HI-DEF pictures you can have.

300139_press02-001-Copy_zps88ec80b3.jpg

300139_press03-001-Copy_zpscb540e94.jpg

300139_press04-001-Copy_zps666b7e0f.jpg

300139_press06-001_zpsd1a91102.jpg

300139_press07-001_zps0b00be8f.jpg

300139_press08-001_zps381f56bf.jpg

300139_press09-001_zps3c5e1aa7.jpg

300139_press10-001_zpsbc98a2f0.jpg

300139_press11-001_zps2ae58483.jpg

300139_press12-001_zps493a3ee3.jpg

they are the premium format figure from slideshow collectibles.

A bit of an UPDATE!:

Got the codpiece stencil printed out!

E0559E25-2593-4CEE-B16D-FFBF644887ED-945-000002B192FC98A3_zpsacaecc00.jpg

Now on to the thigh! Thanks for looking!

I love the Mark V- it's the first suit I built and I can't wait to re-do mine.

I HIGHLY recommend giving Rhinoc's Hi-def MK V files a look. I used them all for my build and found that a mix of his files and MOZ's shin/shoe files are what worked best for me.

I also prefer his helmet over MOZ's and Rundowns. Here is the link to where you can download his files- be sure to thank him if you use them ;)

http://www.4shared.com/folder/9RTHloVE/HD_mark_V_by_Rhinoc__Variation.html

I love the Mark V- it's the first suit I built and I can't wait to re-do mine.

I HIGHLY recommend giving Rhinoc's Hi-def MK V files a look. I used them all for my build and found that a mix of his files and MOZ's shin/shoe files are what worked best for me.

I also prefer his helmet over MOZ's and Rundowns. Here is the link to where you can download his files- be sure to thank him if you use them ;)

http://www.4shared.com/folder/9RTHloVE/HD_mark_V_by_Rhinoc__Variation.html

Thanks for the tips! I'll try to see if I can download Rhinoc's helmet, but I can't seem to find it in the database. I will use some of his files for sure!

UPDATE:

Got the thigh files cut out and ready for foam!

1E35506B-608B-4856-B238-6C8B7EE8597B-945-000002B241A540D3_zps068c3b04.jpg

Thanks for looking and leave some feedback!

Thanks for the tips! I'll try to see if I can download Rhinoc's helmet, but I can't seem to find it in the database. I will use some of his files for sure!

UPDATE:

Got the thigh files cut out and ready for foam!

1E35506B-608B-4856-B238-6C8B7EE8597B-945-000002B241A540D3_zps068c3b04.jpg

Thanks for looking and leave some feedback!

Hmm. Looks like its missing from that directory... there might be another one I missed. If you search the forum here for threads started by him you should be able to find them. If not, send me a message and I'll email you the PDO. His helmet is way better IMO and needed minimal altering to fit me. It's also very easy to pep.

Not bad... Keep goin.

Kinda excited to see how this turns out.

Advice question: Gluing them together seems like this is going to be a challenge. How are you gonna do this?

Not bad... Keep goin.

Kinda excited to see how this turns out.

Advice question: Gluing them together seems like this is going to be a challenge. How are you gonna do this?

Thanks man! I'm just going to use regular old hot glue. That seems to do the trick for me, lol.

A small UPDATE!:

Got every piece printed out except for the shins and stomach plate thing. Will get the shins printed and cut tomorrow seeing as I have a free day, besides going to the gym, lol :p . I currently have enough money to buy another roll of foam so that will give me a start at least. Hopefully I can get some foam tomorrow as well and have a bigger update for everyone! Thanks for looking!

UPDATE!:

Finished the space diaper (codpiece) in under an hour! EDIT: Also finished the left thigh tonight as well!

Codpiece

Photoon7-3-13at931PM_zpsbf2f45c2.jpg

Thigh

Photoon7-3-13at1104PM_zps2cface60.jpg

I realize that the foamie is coming loose a little bit on the codpiece. I will fix that :p . Thanks for looking and leave feedback!

UPDATE!:

Resized both of the thighs to fit better and made them already. Here are the new thigh pieces:

Photoon7-6-13at1235AM_zps552b5bd5.jpg

Thanks for looking and leave feedback please!

UPDATE!:

Got one shin done! It will sit higher up on my leg when the suit is done (same goes for the thighs). How does the size look?

Photoon7-8-13at148AM_zpsfbfa0a8e.jpg

Thanks for looking and leave feedback please because I dont want to have to post 6 times in a row!

Its looking good for it just being foam and no finalizing! I'm just starting stuff on here and I'm only doing helmets for now. That is until I have enough faith in my skill lol. How does foam work out for you? This is my first time trying anything like this so I don't know what would work out for me.

Great job so far! You've made a lot of progress in such a short amount of time! Do you plan to put lights in or no?

Its looking good for it just being foam and no finalizing! I'm just starting stuff on here and I'm only doing helmets for now. That is until I have enough faith in my skill lol. How does foam work out for you? This is my first time trying anything like this so I don't know what would work out for me.

Thanks! Foam works really well for me since I've built almost 3 suits with it now (including this one). Good luck on your first build and remember to take your time!

Wow you work fast! Coming along very nicely so far!

Thanks a lot! :D

Great job so far! You've made a lot of progress in such a short amount of time! Do you plan to put lights in or no?

Thanks man! I may get the chance to put lights in the legs and in the back towards the end of this build.

UPDATE!:

Got the other shin done and the helmet is all pepped! I will post a picture of the progress on the suit later tonight!

232A8974-489D-4E8A-B031-61D07F28638E-504-0000004A55C0D7E3_zpsc8581e31.jpg

Thanks for looking and please leave feedback on how everything turned out! I dont want to have to double post again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back