Halo Reach Commando Helmet Build (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Ronster & Spitfire for the compliments I appreciate that you guys are following this build.

Here are a few more photos of what I have been working on over the course of last night and today. I may take a break and start back up after dinner. Let me know what you all think.

Left Cheek & Vent sculpt/shaping

IMG_20110327_142105.jpg

Right Cheek & Vent sculpt/shaping

IMG_20110327_142128-1.jpg

Well, as always thanks for viewing my build everyone! Keep on building 405th!

OK, yet another round of pictures. Here is the helm with pretty much that last parts of detail put in. Now all that’s left is to go over this beast with a fine tooth comb and straighten anything up before I primer for hopefully the last time. I don’t like the way the visor sits in it, so I will be building the visor area back up with clay before molding it. I still have a ton to do, so I’m shooting for the end of the week before its complete. Well, will see. Let me know what you all think.

Left vent

IMG_20110328_122848.jpg

Right vent

IMG_20110328_122903.jpg

Left Side

IMG_20110328_122838.jpg

Right side

IMG_20110328_122815.jpg

Front of chin

IMG_20110328_122920.jpg

Right Profile

IMG_20110328_122807.jpg

Left Profile

IMG_20110328_122734.jpg

Bathroom Modeling

IMG_20110328_122338.jpg

IMG_20110328_122330.jpg

Well, as always, I welcome any and all constructive feedback. Keep on building guys!

Man, every time I'm impressed with your builds, you add some little sculpt here, or a vent there and I'm always truely blown away! Your skill is so incredible! Primer that bad boy! There can't be much you're missing, probably just a little smoothing with whatever's left. Once again awesome job

Man, every time I'm impressed with your builds, you add some little sculpt here, or a vent there and I'm always truely blown away! Your skill is so incredible! Primer that bad boy! There can't be much you're missing, probably just a little smoothing with whatever's left. Once again awesome job

Thanks my man. I'm glad your still viewing my thread. I should be completed soon. BTW, the battle damaged trophy elite helmet you made is absolutely Bad Ass!

been watching this thread for a while and i have to say, that helmet looks truly amazing. you are doing beautiful work and i am very happy that your sharing your progress with us! cant wait till its all painted up =]

@ Noble 1, Thanks man! I can't wait to see the JFO too.

been watching this thread for a while and i have to say, that helmet looks truly amazing. you are doing beautiful work and i am very happy that your sharing your progress with us! cant wait till its all painted up =]

Thanks man! let me just say that I am flattered you like the helm. I love your Mrk VI build and can't wait till its completed. You are doing an excellent job as well. Thanks again for the comment & thanks for checking out my build.

What i do all day is go in theatre, and get a super close and detailed view of my character wearing the helmet. Im pretty sure we on 405th know every detail, on every armor. :D

Let me just say, Thank you to everyone one of you. I appreciate that you all are checking out my thread. I stepped away for a while (fine tuning the helm). So, sorry for not commenting back. Anyways, I truly do appreciate the interest and it definitely gives me the motivation to finish. Thanks again guys!

Dude, this thing is AMAZING!!!! What size is it scaled to? Makes me stoked for my new job I'm starting which gives me tons of time to build!!!! Props on this epic build :eekbrotha!!

Dude, this thing is AMAZING!!!! What size is it scaled to? Makes me stoked for my new job I'm starting which gives me tons of time to build!!!! Props on this epic build :eekbrotha!!

Thanks Bro-ham, Exactly how the file comes. I didn't change anything other than splitting the back. You will do a good job. i saw your previous work and it was the bomb nasty. Take your time and it will be the stank nasty. Anyways, if you have questions on anything, feel free to PM me. I haven't made a suit yet, but I can help with Ideas regarding the helm. Good luck buddy!

Blackula,
So I just read through your commando and recon threads front to back in one sitting. I gotta say, man. This is one of the most amazing projects. Your work is meticulous. You've shared several innovations to the creative process not previously seen before when it comes to these builds. And your results are just down right amazing. This is one of the most exciting projects I've followed in a while.

In short: that is one dang purty helmet. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Thanks Hollywood for the wonderful comment. It's nice that people are appreciating the stuff I'm doing. I definitely have learned from everyone else sharing their progress, so I will continue to do the same. I love that about the 405th Community. There are a lot of creative and talented people here and I am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of it. Thanks again, for viewing my builds.

MAN!!!! Your helmet is turnin out BEAST! idk if you mentioned this or not so forgive me if you have, but are you planning on molding that sucka?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back