Halo Reach Commando Helmet Build (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just ... OMG just amazing, just awesome, just and only EPIC!!!
Your helmet and Foo fighters' last album together = epic win :) (typically french expression ^^) !! I can't wait to see it finished :D!

OMG, thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments. I should start molding on thursday. Provided my cousin doesn't flake out on me.

Great job on the helmet and knife! How hard would you say this was to pep? Also, what scale is yours?

I've only pepped three to date, but this was the most difficult for me. I had the most trouble with the chin & cheeks of the model. I pretty much dremeled the vents off and resculpted them with magic sculpt. They warped to much for me when I hardened it. I should have put support struts in the chin to keep it right. With that said, it is an amazing model you should give it a try. I used the default scale that the model comes, I believe 290mm Height. In order to fit my mellon in, I had to split the back before hardening, this also may have contributed to minor warpage in the chin. But all in all, I believe it looks pretty good.

holy........ you have the best reach helmet on this website. to me anyways. but i am curious to see the paint job:D but have you ever thought about doing a full suit? i am positive that if you did it would end up in the elite forum.

Dude, this is looking better and better every time you post an update! I think it's the most detailed helmet I've seen on this site so far. Really can't wait to see some finished molds of this one!

Oh, and continue to enjoy your Florida sunshine while I go turn on the heat and not get anything done on my armor. lol ;)

...With that said, it is an amazing model you should give it a try. I used the default scale that the model comes, I believe 290mm Height....

Ok thanks! Yeah this is my favorite variant, and I can't wait to pep it. Just waiting until Ruze has a chance to finish up the UA attachment for it!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I slapped a little paint on it for you (more for Matth101, I think he wanted it painted bad....:) lol)

Here’s a little taste of things to come. Still need to do some stuff to it. This is my first time painting. Not the best paint job, I had some issues. However, not to bad. I still need to put in the red stripes on the top and a white stripe on the right cheek. That will most likely be it for the painting, sorry no worn effects, I’m going to mold by Thursday hopefully. Let me know what you all think. Thanks guys!

IMG_20110412_224519.jpg

IMG_20110412_224510.jpg

IMG_20110412_224502.jpg

IMG_20110412_224554.jpg

IMG_20110412_224611.jpg

IMG_20110412_224705.jpg

IMG_20110412_224719.jpg

IMG_20110412_224644.jpg

IMG_20110412_224844.jpg

Bathroom modeling session.

IMG_20110412_224339.jpg

Love it, awesome work, truely inspirational, and I'm very proud of you! lol I'm so impressed with your dedication to detail good sir! just fascinating work throughout every page of this thread! I hope your moving in works out as well as your build lol! And molding of the helmet as well

Love it, awesome work, truely inspirational, and I'm very proud of you! lol I'm so impressed with your dedication to detail good sir! just fascinating work throughout every page of this thread! I hope your moving in works out as well as your build lol! And molding of the helmet as well

I really appreciate the compliment. I'll definitely try and get this beast molded soon. It will be my first attempt eva, kinda nervous.

THAT IS THE MOST AWESOME HELMET EVER!!! Nice job.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Now that is truly awesome work! Outstanding job!

Thanks man. I really appreciate all the good feedback!

Your guys comments definitely inspire & motivate. You will see more from me, I promise! Keep Building 405th!

BenStreepers vids should help you out, they sure helped me when I was molding my helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone for the great omments, I really apreciate t.

BenStreepers vids should help you out, they sure helped me when I was molding my helmet.

Thanks Roadwarrior! I remember seeing tese befo,which is one reason I bought the Rebound 25. Howver, you've made it easier for me becaus I d't have to search for it now. Thanks buddy!

Keep building 405th!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back