• This forum serves as a repository for threads that are directly attached to the resources in our Armory. These threads are generated automatically and members cannot create new threads in this forum separate from a Armory resource. Please use these threads to discuss the files that have been made available in the Armory.
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Operator

Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Operator 1.2

No permission to download
Is there any measurements for the files? I have recently downloaded them and I can't find anything regarding that. I am making a foam helmet and not one from a 3D printer

You will want to scale it properly to your head size. use a cloth measuring tape. in pepakura designer there is a measuring tool.

I'm new to this. I want to make a 3D printed Operator helmet and came here. I have several questions if you have time.

Are the files 3d print files or for foam?
What size is the helmet made for?
How easy would it be to modify it with, say, a flashlight and a voice filter amplifier thingy?

Thanks

I'm new to this. I want to make a 3D printed Operator helmet and came here. I have several questions if you have time.

Are the files 3d print files or for foam?
What size is the helmet made for?
How easy would it be to modify it with, say, a flashlight and a voice filter amplifier thingy?

Thanks
Welcome to the 405th!

These assets are made for foam and/or pepakura, so aren't suited for 3D printing. However, you can find free 3D print files for the helmet here:

I'm not sure what size the helmets are for, since these assets are from the game, but there's a few ways to scale it to your head. You could 3D scan your head (there are free apps/software that do this, like Polycam or Meshroom) and insert the scan and the helmet into 3D software like Blender (also free), then scale the helmet accordingly. Alternatively, the Armorsmith program allows you to input your body dimensions on a virtual avatar, and scale armour based off of that. To test the size, you can print just a thin ring that's a cross section of the helmet and see if that fits around your head (remember to leave room for padding and electronics!)

As for modifying it, the difficulty depends on your 3D modelling skill level and what exactly you need to do. For a voice filter/amplifier, you may not need to do anything. For a flashlight, you'll likely need to subtract a hole in the model (in 3D modelling this is known as a "Boolean" operation), and may need to also create a hole for wires to run through, if you use any.

Welcome to the 405th!

These assets are made for foam and/or pepakura, so aren't suited for 3D printing. However, you can find free 3D print files for the helmet here:

I'm not sure what size the helmets are for, since these assets are from the game, but there's a few ways to scale it to your head. You could 3D scan your head (there are free apps/software that do this, like Polycam or Meshroom) and insert the scan and the helmet into 3D software like Blender (also free), then scale the helmet accordingly. Alternatively, the Armorsmith program allows you to input your body dimensions on a virtual avatar, and scale armour based off of that. To test the size, you can print just a thin ring that's a cross section of the helmet and see if that fits around your head (remember to leave room for padding and electronics!)

As for modifying it, the difficulty depends on your 3D modelling skill level and what exactly you need to do. For a voice filter/amplifier, you may not need to do anything. For a flashlight, you'll likely need to subtract a hole in the model (in 3D modelling this is known as a "Boolean" operation), and may need to also create a hole for wires to run through, if you use any.
Damn thank you bro!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back