Halo Reach: ODST Mk I

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by ACBrotherhood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. mike bike

mike bike

2. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

Thanks, but I wish. It's hard to see what they're supposed to be like in the video, since it's all "shaky-cam" and distant shots. But from one scene, I can go forward in saying I have the right measurements.

3. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

I'm going to take a break for a week or two, mainly because there are some other projects that I want to try and get done before then. But don't worry, I'll Still build the second gauntlet, but it'll only just be when I have more free time. And when the two weeks is up, I'll get back right on this.

4. ShorySL

ShorySL New Member

Ok, I'm definitely following this thread as I'm currently in the middle of the same build using AndrewDFT's templates. Your armour's looking good mate.

5. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

Finished the second gauntlet and made it different from the first, mainly because the sheer difficulty the first one had with it's knobs and what-not. Glue-coated them both the second time last night and going to apply the third one today before priming it tomorrow.
    IMG_6688.jpg IMG_6687.jpg

mblackwell1002 and Thom A293 like this.
  6. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

I have primed the gauntlets, I will the paint them blue and and white accents. Will post pictures soon.

7. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

Gauntlets so far.
    IMG_6961.jpg IMG_6962.jpg IMG_6963.jpg IMG_6964.jpg

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  8. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

Applied the white accents, forgot the "Mk I" on it, but I can apply it on later. I'll send up the pics when I can. Now onto the final piece..........THE VISOR!!! XD

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  9. CrimsonViper97

CrimsonViper97

Lookin good, love the paintjob!

10. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

Here are the photos of the gauntlets.
    IMG_7036.jpg IMG_7033.jpg
    IMG_7034.jpg IMG_7035.jpg

11. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

The visor is completed, I'm about to go get the cloths, add some padding in this, and I should be done! Yeah it's not pretty to look at, but that's why it's called a "Mk I."
    IMG_7226.jpg IMG_7225.jpg

Thom A293 likes this.
  12. ACBrotherhood

ACBrotherhood Jr Member

Behold!.....the Finished product!
    Left shoulder.jpg Right shoulder.jpg Full body 02.jpg Full body.jpg Ready for battle.jpg

Lessons: Need to use pepakura for other builds to have a clean, fitting suit. Use more detail to give suit more character; bullet holes, cuts, and other things. Learn more painting techniques to make the suit more realistic.

PaiganBoi and mblackwell1002 like this.