Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can't access that file? When I click it, it automatically begins downloading for me.

That sucks. Here's the file - I hope this works for you!

Attachments

• H3 ODST full armor set - Foam Conversion.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 277
I have just started on painting the white accents on the armor pieces. After this, I just need to put on/wipe off the excess black paint, put on some silver to show some battle damage, maybe by some brown for added color, maybe some yellow too, clear coat it and then I'm done with the painting.

I clear coated all the parts beside the torso. I still need to paint on some symbols. Also, already making plans on my "Mk II." I might redo the gauntlets, but I still think that I'll save them for the "Mk II."

I recently did a build using the DFT Templates, and found that the sides of the Torso needed to be strengthened slightly. All I did to add a bit of structure to it was put a solid piece along the outside curved generally to the side of my body, and then on the inside along all the seems I took the edge pieces that come on the puzzle mat cut off the puzzle pieces and used them as long braces gluing them along either side to get a little bit of extra support.

Here are the photos of the helmet....
IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg
IMG_6289.jpg
IMG_6290.jpg

And here's the full painted Assault rifle...
FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6291.jpg
    IMG_6291.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 179
I might redo the helmet, the reason being is that it's tilting over, as if something is pulling one side of the helmet.but like I said, this is my first attempt at a helmet

So my metallic visor came in and instead of seeing if the templates fit with the helmet, I cut-out the material in the same design as the template an found out that the templates are smaller than the helmet, despite being cut from the same dimension file-size. I already ordered another pair and should be here within the week.

Full helmet.jpg

Well even though it doesn't fit right, you can tell that the metallic visor will look cool on it. I don't think I've seen a metallic visor on an odst helmet up until now besides that awful hex patterned one Johnson Arms used on the helljumper he painted.

Visor does look great, its just a bit small. Where did you get it from anyway? I am needing a visor for my suit and I cant find squat anywhere

Visor does look great, its just a bit small. Where did you get it from anyway? I am needing a visor for my suit and I cant find squat anywhere

It's from a flat sheet of silver material that I cut out from the template. So the template is small, but it's within the same dimensional range as the helmet when I first print it off, so there might have been some warpage.

Last edited:
So here's the the newest template from the file and as you can see......it's small.
IMG_6436.jpg

So I'll need to MAKE a template.

And now that the symbols are painted, I can give more detail and clear coat and then I'm done with the body armor and focus more on the visor.
IMG_6451.jpg
IMG_6448.jpg
IMG_6452.jpg

Bad news: once when the template had been completed, I cut the material to match the template only that they weren't big enough. so I had to fold the template in half, which was luckily symmetrical, cut it that way......but I cut the the material in one way and forgot to flip the template over, resulting me in TWO of the same sides. Now I have to wait another week before 3 more of the same materials come by again.

On another note, because the gauntlets were so small that I would barely have enough space to fit my own arm, let alone one thats covered in cloth, I have resulted in creating new gauntlets; this time with the templates of "Halo: Landfall." Yeah they're blocky, but I'll find a way to make it more workable. I'll keep you guys posted as the progress continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back