Halo: Reach Premiere Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBetts97 said:
at the end the spartan says "spartans never die George. Their just missing in action" . Maybe thiis could be a referance to John Forge, Missing in action maybe? Maybe he comes back.

Uh no, I think he was just calling the Spartan by his name, like some people call the Master Chief "John". Nobody cares about Forge really, he's not even known by anyone else in the Haloverse at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
DevilFish101 said:
@JBetts97: this game is before halo wars its bassed on the book fall of reach which is a bit before halo wars

//Jeremy

Yes I know. Halo wars is set 20 years before. I'm just saying he looks ALOT like forge.

I think there is more chance to be Fred since he was the one in charge of the mission on Reach.

Pat

They are all spartans we don't read about in Fall of Reach. BTW stop calling the skull EVA a Cod MW2 rip off. The skull insignia has been used for thousands of years for war. Ever since a human peeled back the skin of a dead brother. Hell! I have a skull balaclava and bandanna since I was 13 when cod 4 or MW2 wasn't even on Activision's mind set.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Uh no, I think he was just calling the Spartan by his name, like some people call the Master Chief "John". Nobody cares about Forge really, he's not even known by anyone else in the Haloverse at this point.

I'm talking maybe this is a referance to him (the spartan who looks like forge) Being missing in action And then returning somehow. I know It looks like he dies, But We don't accualy see him die. Maybe he saved himself somehow. I'm not even saying that he IS forge. It could be anyone. Oh dang, his is exactly why they release trailers like these. For people to talk,wonder,Get ideas, talk somemore, And then Get all hyped up. Cant wait to see more of this .

Garzak said:
I think there is more chance to be Fred since he was the one in charge of the mission on Reach.

Pat

im actually guessing you are still john but your just younger, im also guessing you are following the plot of the book

ImaGonnaGetYou said:

which is funny cause he died to become a hero :p

Was anybody else reminded of the McFarlane Hellspartan when they saw that skull-faced EVA spartan? Anybody else notice that both that EVA spartan and Fred (in the Package short) both have knife sheaths built into their shoulders? Is that a feature of the Mk IV now?

DevilFish101 said:
im actually guessing you are still john but your just younger, im also guessing you are following the plot of the book

I was talking about the forge guy, there is more chance to be fred since is the one who was commanding the team on the ground. Chief was with linda in the orbital station securing data left behind.

Pat

Garzak said:
I was talking about the forge guy, there is more chance to be fred since is the one who was commanding the team on the ground. Chief was with linda in the orbital station securing data left behind.

Pat

ah yes that is true, i dont think you are fred tho, im pretty sure your a noobie in the game, cause the one spartan says "this our new number six" cause your always set as the new guy in the game

//Jeremy

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Looks way too much like the ODST opening cinematic, which leads me to believe that this will still be the same old 30 FPS Halo 3 engine.

Did you even watch the video? I can count off the top of my head a CRAPLOAD of graphical effects that aren't in H3.

First of all, there's adaptive lensflare. Usually in a game there's only one source of this, but there are many in this cutscene.

The terrain is MUCH more complex than in Halo 3. Probably double the amount of detail in the geometry, not to mention all the vegetation.

There seemed to be subsurface scattering (the passage of light through translucent material like skin), and if not, there's some DAMN good texture work.

The clouds look better than any other clouds in any other game in that they actually REACT to light.

The reflections (while cubemapped and not real it looks like) STILL have a lot of improvement, they just follow the contours of the visor so much better.

Also, the glass on the visor looks amazing. I mean, light seems to pass through it and dull it's color. It just ads a feeling of depth that is unachievable otherwise. The Halo 3 beta had something like this, but it was lost. I'm glad it's back.

In other words; when comparing graphics, KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR.

sir if you share your "secret" ref pics with me I will Race you on the Reach Build

Edit:

Here are the shots I got from the new trailer

reach1.jpg

reach10.jpg

reach11.jpg

reach12.jpg

reach13.jpg

reach14.jpg

reach15.jpg

reach2.jpg

reach3.jpg

reach4.jpg

reach5.jpg

reach6.jpg

reach7.jpg

reach8.jpg

reach9.jpg

OMG! I want to watch the thing again!!

I loved the new armor even though it's a bit more chunky than the rest.

I think james was there because I saw a spartan with a mech arm, unless that was Linda.

-Pony

hhhmmmm...

halocole.png

The helmet in the trailer has a few extra details, but all the qualities these two share lead me to believe they're supposed to be the same armor.

Alot of the designs you see in the trailer are in the art of Halo 3 book. They were left overs for Halo 3 but the disc couldn't hold all of them so now they are being put to use for the mark 5 armor permutations.

I'm glad to see em back. A lot of the stuff they cut looks way cooler than anything that ended up in Halo 3.

Yup, that armor is dead on what the new number 6 was wearing- meaning that he is a member of grey team. Also, his armor was grey. Also the commander says stright up "leave your lone wolf tactics". A definite reference to the fact that grey team was made up of lone wolf misfit Spartans. It appears as though grey team was recalled to defend reach after the Cole protocol novel. I haven't read the Cole protocol yet, so I can't speculate much more than that. Those armor variants are amazing looking though, I may abandon my mk iv to get started on a mark v! I'm watching the trailer over and over agian on my dvr picking it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back