Hayabusa Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are off to a great start human/dead ninja/ elf dude.

Keep working at it. If you keep this up, you could be in the L33T section in no time.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Deleted last two posts to prevent a triple post because I've made major progress.
Size seem s a bit big, but I like it, gives me plenty of room for padding, electronics, ventilation and whatnot.
I have one more segment to do and put it, but I was called in to go to work early so that will have to wait until after ten. =_=

Photo96.jpg

Photo97.jpg

Photo99.jpg

Last post:
"Please excuse the double post.

Managed to find some packs of card stock at Walmart after I was taking a test at school. Got two and another big thing of glue. Hopefully these 300 extra pages will tide me over.
Also scaled the helmet up 15% which should be good to fit on easily and leave room for good padding and electronics. If the build goes well and others are interested (and with permission) I could probably give the .pdo out to those wanting to build one of the same size. Though it now takes a lot more pages, they all fit onto single sheets and larger pieces were split to make the fit. The cost of card stock to print it on is nothing when you add up the glue, time, resin, bondo, paint, ect so this isn't an issue.

100_4687.jpg

Picture1.png
"

i thinks it looks perfect but its going to be a pain doing the top of the head with the spikes i had to use tape and stuff as my glue dried

Looks awsome. Size is good, and having room for equipment and hardware is always a plus

box o crayons said:
i thinks it looks perfect but its going to be a pain doing the top of the head with the spikes i had to use tape and stuff as my glue dried
Least noticable part of that helmet. He'll be alright. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It might help to repost the resized Hayabusa file, or at least the scale, for others - I'm personally not too interested in the helm so I won't be building it, but other people might enjoy the benefits!

Crucible said:
It might help to repost the resized Hayabusa file, or at least the scale, for others - I'm personally not too interested in the helm so I won't be building it, but other people might enjoy the benefits!
Here it is, resized, moved about, and pieces split so everything fits on single sheets of letter sized paper.
(removed)

Top shouldn't be too hard, I'm building it in sections and putting those together. I've done a handful of small paper crafts before so this should be a breeze.
And for my sizing, I'm slender, about 145lbs, 5'10" or so. To give an idea of how the helm fits.

Rhith said:
If the build goes well and others are interested (and with permission) I could probably give the .pdo out to those wanting to build one of the same size.

What happened to that then??

Skupilkinson said:
What happened to that then??
Terribly sorry! Just got home from work and I'm exhausted and forgot about that. Please forgive me. :(

Don't get me wrong. I haven't a problem with what you've done. We're all different and so pep files do need resizing from time to time to suit us. I've been here long enough to know that others will take a file and change the unfold or resize a file then post a new download link for others too.

My problem is that you didn't come to me first to get the Ok seeing as the original is mine. ;)

No real harm is done here, it's not like you're trying to pass it off as yours or anything so it's cool. Just remember that courtesy is to ask te original creator first. ;)

You've done a great job on your build buddy, it looks very clean and the scale you went for looks perfect to me. It may look big now but when you have it on with full armor it'll all balance out and look great! ;)

Keep up the good work. :)

Thank you for all the kind words!
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=05f6a25...04e75f6e8ebb871

Sadly I removed the logo when I was building it so please DO NOT distribute it to others. If someone knows how to add the logo or if you want to send it to me I will add it and re-upload the file.

*EDIT*
P.S.
I know I sounded contradictory, but around here we know who created the file, elsewhere it may get lost through the grapevine.

4:15 am, class at 9:30 am on a campus that's about 45 minutes away. WOOOOO

But on a better note, the pep stage is done!
Photo100.jpg

Looks good, I know what its like to be up early in the morning trying to finish something you love and realizing that in 4 hours you need to get up. Can't wait to see the rest of it

Alright, now that I'm up and preparing to head off to class I took some more pictures. Hopefully it stays nice out so when I get home from class I can get to resining this thing.

100_4688.jpg

100_4689.jpg

100_4690.jpg

100_4691.jpg

100_4692.jpg

mc hammer time said:
Nice pepping! Busa is one of my favs so DONT MESS IT UP hahaha jk :p
Oh don't worry I won't!
And hooray Florida! this week shows and average of about 75° :D

And get to it box! Hopefully you can get a spot of nice weather so you can work on yours too.

I have the armor printed out now, upped it 10% from the default and will hopefully fit. Going to build the much less detailed back section first to see if it seems right. Hopefully this will all come together nice and fast. Any suggestions on what sets of parts for the rest of it will we considered as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back