Helmet fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

So I'm working on a big film project were all the actors have armour. There are 40 actors and I need one fan for each of them. So I was wondering if any member here knows a cheap method? Whether its DIY or a cheap place to buy them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Aiden

I'm assuming you mean the small netbook fans or larger computer fans that are meant to cool the armour. I got mine from ebay cheaper than anywhere else locally, try there.

eBay might be good for small quantities, but for something like 40 you might see if a volume discount is available from a place like Digi-Key.

Thanks! Do you know what connectors and battery setups are needed for that fan?

Well it says it's a 2-pin interface. Sorry but I don't have as much experience is connectors as I'd like. But you can look in the pictures, it's just one of these very basic and common 2 pin connectors.

Now the fan is clearly rated for 12v but you don't have to run that much voltage. I would imagine it to spin fast and circulate a good amount of air with just 6 or so volts, but I can't say for sure.

An easy power supply you could whip up is a 9v battery, or you could hook up 8 AA batteries in series to get the 12 volts. You should be able to find battery packs for 8 AA batteries pretty easily. There usually double stacked (4 each side). As long as you have the room.

2 pin connector, just cut it off, red wire for positve and black wire for negative.

a fans voltage directly correlates to the fans cfm (cubic feet per minute) the amout of air it moves. if you run the fan at half the power, you will only have half the speed and thus much lower air movement.
I suggest my fan because its the highest cfm you can get for the lowest batteries needed. Plus its ultra quiet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back