Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Jacqueline Robinson
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of halo: The competition >:D
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Rock band 3
Other Interests: I love music, playing my guitar, arts, exploring, and melbourn shuffling. :p
Favorite Food: Italian
Favorite Bands: (don't necessarily have one favorite) Rise Against, A7X, BvB, Evanescence etc, (basically all hard rock bands)
Favorite Movie(s): Resident Evil Retribution.
Favorite Quote: Less QQ More Pew Pew.

Hello everyone!

I remember this thread from long ago, looking up people whose posts/builds I was following at the time.
It's interesting to learn a little something about my fellow newbies, starting to read posts from the last page and going backwards.

I love the passion and ingenuity everyone here shows in creating their armor and props and would like to share in and learn from everyone.
Without inspiration from the 405th and its members I'd have never tried resin-ing and bondo-ing anything. At current I'm building a vac-form set up to try and make a helmet visor.
Hopefully at some point this year (hopefully halloween-ish!) my first full armor will be done.

Name: Hung N
Profession: Game Dev (nothing HALO IP related ..yet!)
Favorite Hobby: Making stuff/crafts/art projects
Favorite part of halo: The mechanical/suit/set designs
Favorite Halo: ???
Favorite Video Game: BioShock Infinite or The Last of Us at current.
Other Interests: 1/6th scale figures, Kayaking, climbing, outdoorsy stuff, touristy stuff/travelling.

I look forward to following your builds and learning from all of you! :)

Name: Jhon Ronald Barbero
Profession: Professional Freelance 3D Graphics Modeler. (I work under the Radar)
Favorite Hobby: Playing Video Games(RPG, 1st Person and MMORPG)
Favorite part of Halo: When JORGE-052 Sacrifice hiself for the Cause! (I feel Patriotic for him)
Favorite Halo: Halo: HALO:Reach
Favorite Video Game: C.O.D Series, HALO series, Tekken Series, All Epic Games with Series!
Other Interests: playing in Band (Rock Band), Boy Scouting(Yeah.. i like boy scouting)
Favorite Food: NOODLES!! (any kind of Noodles) and All kind of Sausages
Other: CALL ME FAT?... I'LL CALL YOU AN AMBULANCE!

Name: Dylan
Profession: School
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of halo: When master chief Resists arrest in Halo 4
Favorite band: Panic at the Disco
Favorite Games: Halo (all games), the assassins creed series, and the elder scrolls series,

Name: Adam Ferenczy
Profession: Part time at McDees, soon to be an apprentice cabinetmaker
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of halo: Multiplayer LAN parties with friends!
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2, Mirror's Edge
Other Interests: Paintball, Airsoft, Parkour, Warhammer, Drawing
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Quote: - Thanks for the tank. HE never gets me anything.
- Oh I know what the ladies like.

Name: Danny Davis
Profession: Medically retired from the Army
Favorite Hobby: Video games and model building
Favorite part of halo: I remember the part most where you first bump into the flood haha!
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo, and metal gear solid
Other Interests: Music haha I have been trying to learn the fiddle for what feels like ages now.
Favorite Band: Old Crow Medicine Show
Favorite Movie(s): Casa Blanca, Indiana Jones, Star wars
Other: Retired too young and bored out of my mind haha I am eager to try some of the new things i have read about on this website.

Name: Jason Anderson
Profession: Don't have on as of yet
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and music
Favorite part of mass effect: The dialog choices and how they effect your story in so many different ways
Favorite mass effect: 3
Favorite Video Game: tie between civ 5/ guild wars 2/ mass effect trilogy
Other Interests: I am in my schools drumline!
Favorite Music: Trap
Other: I am in the delay entry program for the united states Navy and will be shipping out july 8th 2014! Hooyah!

Name: Rick
Profession: Retired Marine
Favorite Hobby: Weight lifting and inventing
Favorite part of halo: The storyline and realistic nature of what someday could be Human technology
Favorite Halo: 4
Favorite Video Game: Halo Series and Battlefield 3
Other Interests: Study of ballistics and defeating rounds
Favorite Food: Steak and Lobster
Favorite Finisher: Not really sure what this is asking...
Favorite Band: Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, Black Label Society, Jamey Johnson
Favorite Movie(s): Taken 1, Never Back Down 1, Old Westerns
Other: Disgruntled Infantry Vet-Heavily medicated for your safety! :)

Name: Sara Luanda Muhle ;P
Profession: Costume Designer (usually Renaissance-y, historical type stuff...)
Favorite Hobby: Making costumes, playing videogames with my two boys (ages 12 and 10), running, drawing...too many to list.
Favorite part of Halo: The everything stuff involving the Halo universe...and the gameplay. Spartan Ops and Firefight, specifically.
Favorite Halo: All? ...or Reach, 3 and 4. That's about when I came in, but I know 1 and 2 are likely just as amazing. ^^
Favorite Video Game: Must I decide? I'll just list the Halo games, Minecraft, the Fable games, and Skyrim. But there are many more.
Other Interests: Art, for one. Medieval, fantastical stuff...uhh...anything my boys are up to, other cultures, archery, ribbons, lace and leather, unique stuff...
Favorite Food: Italian food and desserts. I run to break even. -_-;
Favorite Band: Gorillaz
Favorite Movie(s): Labyrinth (I'm such a girl...^^; ), The Abyss, Princess Bride, yadda yadda...
Favorite TV Shows: ...Does RvB count?... and Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Other: First and foremost I've always been an artist, pencils being my favorite medium. I have red hair, I'm a little on the silly side, and we live in Texas!

Name: Mark Allen Volker
Profession: retired army soldier
Favorite hobby: shooting guns and art and video games
Favorite part of halo: every thing the story the games the books the characters.
Favorite Halo: Reach and halo 4. More reach though i feel noble team are the unsung heroes if it was for their sacrifices master chief and Cortana would not be able to do what they did together
Favorite video game: Easy Halo series
Favorite food: sloppy joes
Favorite brand: DC and Element: Star wars
Favorite tv show: burn notice
Other: I have a wife and to kids that always tell me to express my self and to do what makes me happy no matter what

Name: John
Profession: School
Favorite Hobby: Video Games,rugby, music
Favorite part of halo: The power of being a spartan, warthogs and blowing stuff up
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo, saints row or battlefield
Other Interests: Listening to music(a LOT!),
Favorite Food: Anything Italian
Favorite Band: Five Finger Death Punch/Breaking Benjamin
Favorite Movie(s): , Transformers(All three), The rocky series, Iron Man 3, Expendables 2, basically anything with guns and explosions

Because I like the idea of templates I'll use the basic template for my first post :)

Name: John Furey
Profession: Currently unemployed. Aspiring actor. Waiting to audition for a Musical Theatre program at a local university.
Hobbies: Cosplay / Dagorhir (LARP with less RP) / Video Games
What I love about Halo: The story is absolutely amazing. There are few others that actually can compete with Halo in my opinion.
Thoughts on the Halo series: I don't really have a favorite game, I love all Halo games (even Halo Wars - possibly the least popular one). If you were to force me to choose a game I would have to say that Halo: CE has the best story of them all. I would continue to say that it's hard for me to choose another game based on multiplayer.. Halo 2 was fantastic with the introduction of Xbox Live. Halo 3 introduced Forge Mode which really changed the face of custom games. Then Halo Reach basically improved everything even more. I've heard that Halo 4 has introduced several COD mechanics which personally I have a problem with. What made Halo that much greater was its originality. If it's just like COD now then... well there goes the neighborhood.
Favorite Video Game: It's very hard for me to say to be honest. I don't like dealing with 'favorites' usually because I like so many different things. I tend to play FPS's, MMORPG's, and fighting games the most.
Other Interests: Music is a big interest of mine. Besides being vocally talented, I can play the guitar, piano, tin whistle and ocarina.
Foods I Love: Sushi, pizza, MEAT, Eggplant Parm (yummmm), etc.
Favorite Types of Music: Mostly older stuff. Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, The Doors, etc. Newer groups I like are Mumford & Sons and Imagine Dragons.
Other: I am on this website because I f**king love Halo and I absolutely love costumes, cosplaying and conventions. HOWEVER, I currently have not made much in the costume department and I fear that I may not even end up making a suit of armor... but I really wish to. I want to learn tons of stuff including how to do it and how expensive it is.

I'm happy to have found this place and I think the name is cool as hell. Hoo-rah 405th!

A little introduction, I am completely new to props, crafting armor etc.

Name: Troy (tnraines on pretty much every forum)
Profession: college student, ex archaeologist, what ever comes my way
Favorite Hobby: Reading, Hiking, Bush crafting, Games
Favorite part of halo: All of it
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim/Halo series
Favorite Food: What ever does not eat me first
Favorite Band: Krauka
Favorite Movie: Snatch

Name: Kerrod John Steel
Profession: WH&S Trainer and have just started my own Telecommunications Company
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Model Making and when I can I go Off-roading for a week.
Favorite part of halo: Great story and just everything about it!!
Favorite Halo: I Love them all but I have to say Halo 1 Anniversary then Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Assassins Creed, CoD and any Tom Clancy Game
Other Interests: Paintball, Guns and Weapons of all types (I've been thinking of trying to turn one of my semi-auto rifles to look like a Battle Rifle)
Favorite Food: Grilled Cracked Pepper Salmon
Favorite Finisher: not sure, but in Halo I love to assassinate everything!! lol
Favorite Band: Slipknot and Stone Sour
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of War, RVB Series and The Ironman Movies
Other: Coz of my love of weapons I have 2 Staffies, Barret and Kalibre and if my girlfriend gets her puppy it will be called fifty.(Barret 50 Calibre, my favorate Weapon).
My gameplay style is to be slow and methodical long range sniper mixed with the blitz attcks of a close combat Assassin. So my hope is to make a Suit that fits my style by combining the stealth lines of the Venator Amour in Halo 4 with the camo sniper style of Jun from reach to make a perfect sniper-assassin Spartan armour. so if you have any ideas and would love to chat about it just send me a message some time :)

Name Ryan
Profession: Buisness Owner Car Wash installation and repair
(jack of all trades)
Favorite Hobby: Fabricating
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Android development, Skateboarding, Mazda2 autox, and art.
Favorite Food: Mexican
Favorite music. Rise against, Green Day, Daft punk, Bring me the Horizon, Bad religion, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Pharcyde, 90's Hip Hop, some of today's, Ween, They might Be Giants, and add something eclectic here..........

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

im a simple person married with kids im a stay at home mom and love pepakura and im looking to widen my knowledge about the art form
im 36 and still young
just finished a halo 4 helm waiting for fiberglass to set

Name: Giuseppe
Profession: University student, if that can be considered an occupation. Currenlty studying Foreign Languages and Literature at Verona (Italy)
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Pen and Paper RPGs, tabletop games, comics, drawing and costume-making
Favorite part of halo: the expanded universe (novels, animations, live action series, comics).
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: I love most RPGs, mostly the Witcher series and classic RPGs like icewind dale, I also like RTSs like Total War games and I also play and enjoy some FPSs (Or I wouldn't be here discussing halo with you, wouldn't I?)
Other Interests: I am a reenactor, mostly collecting material from the russian army. I'm currently working on a MVD Intern Troops impression.
Favorite Food: Being italian, not liking pasta with tomato sauce would be akin to heresy.
Favorite Band: Ensiferum, Rammstein, Tool.
Favorite Movie(s): Akira, Bronson, Dr. Strangelove, The End of Evangelion. I recently particularly enjoyed Pacific Rim and I also watch a lot of anime.
Other: I'm from Italy.

Hi, all!

Name: Juli // Synaesthaesia // Syn for short
Profession: I work at a high end consignment store while I attend a local university for criminal justice. Also, I volunteer for a company that throws an annual music camping festival in my home state of sunny Florida.
Favorite Hobby: Playing video games, drawing, hooping
Favorite Part of Halo: Oh man, I can't even choose, as far as lore and storyline goes. Otherwise, I'd have to say matchmaking. ;)
Favorite Halo: All the Halos, I can't decide. ;~~;
Favorite Game Mode: SWAT, and sometimes Regicide and/or Infinity Slayer.
Favorite Video Game: Halo, of course!
Other Interests: I am really into electronic dance music, mainly trance, and hanging out with friends, going to shows, I love the beach, and I actually really, really like cleaning.
Favorite Food: Sushi, pasta, pizza, Italian.

I am looking forward to getting started on my armor and meeting everyone here!

Name: Jeremy J.
Profession: Register Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit
Favorite Hobby: playing guitar/bass, playing Halo, lifting weights, running
Favorite part of halo: Storyline
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 or Halo 4
Favorite Video Game: FPS, RPGs
Other Interests: My Family, tattoos, guns.
Favorite Food: Seafood and beer.
Favorite Finisher: ?....haha ask my wife.
Favorite Band: Glassjaw, Minus the bear, Deftones, Say Anything, Jack Johnson.
Favorite Movie(s): Terminator 2, Kick ass, The Fifth element.
Other: USMC veteran, musician, male nurse.

OstrichCancer's introduction

Hi.

Name: Nathan
Profession: unemployed
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Sports or Guitar.
Favorite part of halo: Story line and character customization. Adds a touch of my personality.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Other Interests: I started playing guitar about a year ago. I now know the red vs. blue theme.
Favorite Food: That's a tough one. I love all food!
Favorite Band:tough one again. might be Kansas, or Nirvana, or Queen. Idk.
Favorite Movie(s): I don't watch enough to give a valid opinion.
Other: I'm also 6' tall. makes it a bit easier to pull off the Spartan height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back