Status
Not open for further replies.
Name; Connor
Profession; Student
Favourite Hobby; Video games
Favourite part of Halo; Characters
Favourite Halo; Tie between 3 and ODST
Food; Chicken Tikka Masala, Fish and chips, Pizza
Other interests; being creative, I started by decorating my TV stand and a couple of shelves in a style called decoupage, where I stuck pictures from all my old Xbox magazines into a collage all over the surface of the wood, then varnishing over it to preserve the pictures and produce a nice surface, really want to do a set of ODST armour, but might not have the time, as I am studying for my A-levels atm (High school). When I do get around to it, I'll be sure to post the pics here!

Name: Joe
Profession: None
Favorite Hobby: Building stuff and video games
Favorite part of halo: All of it
Favorite Halo: 4 (I love fighting the forerunners)
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Battlefield, Elder Scrolls
Other Interests: Building stuff. Armor (why else would I be here) Rockets, crossbows, trebuchet, robots, etc.
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Finisher: Executing a promethean knight: ripping their blade arm off and slicing them open
Favorite Movie(s): Man of Steel, Transformers, Iron Man, (lots of robots and smashing stuff)
Other: I really like building things, I hope I've made this clear, so I'll ask a lot of how did you make____ and where did you get ____ part.

Name: Adam
Profession: I work at a veterinarian clinic
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Making helmets now :)
Favorite part of halo: waiting for that little dot on the BR's crosshair to pop up for a head shot :)
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Xenogears I'm take some people real far back lol
Other Interests: Anime,drawing, and hanging out with my wife and 3 kids
Favorite Food: Stuffed jalapeno peppers with cheddar cheese
Favorite Finisher: Babality nothings better then doing that to someone in a arcade
Favorite Band: Mumford and Sons, Staind, Gorillaz or Volbeat
Favorite Movie(s):Jin-Roh, Ninja Scroll, Crank, The Amazing Spiderman, and The Avengers
Other: If there is any way I can help just ask!

Name: Anthony
Profession: English teacher
Favorite hobby: Scale modeling
Favorite part of Halo: Driving the Warthog in game 1
Favorite Halo game: Reach
Favorite other video game: Splinter Cell (on XBox)
Other interests: My daughter, RC cars, drawing, etc.
Favorite food: Kakipea
Favorite tool: Scalpel
Favorite place(s): My house and Akihabara
Favorite Movie(s): Fight Club, 12 Angry Men, etc.

Hi All, Totally blown away by the skill and professionalism on this site. if only the rest of the world was like this :)

Name: Dan Prince
Profession: Working at a University helping people change the world!
Favorite Hobby: Making stuff that make people go "WOW!" and taekwondo
Favorite part of halo: I have never actually played it! (Don't judge me!)
Favorite Halo: Dont know
Favorite Video Game: wipeout, starcraft (II)
Other Interests: electronics, people, computers, arcade machines,
Favorite Food: scrambled eggs on toast
Favorite Finisher: Mortal Combat (what ever Sub Zero does...)
Favorite Band: Led Zepplin or AC/DC, modd dependent
Favorite Movie(s): star wars:ANH, Beetlejuice, Avengers, ironman
Other: Green tag Taekwondo, currently finshed pepping my daft punk helmet and now onto fibre glassing, and resin

I've been directed to the 405th for file downloads many times. A lot of good stuff. From what I've seen, in a community like this, if you're going to take from it you should also give to it. So, here I am.
Name: Matt
Profession: Student
Favorite Hobby: Making stuff with my hands
Favorite Part of Halo: The armor, vehicles, weapons, equipment... the stuff.
Favorite Halo: Can't really answer that.
Favorite Video Game: Fallout New Vegas
Other Interests: Video Games, 3D modelling
Favorite Food: breakfast
Favorite Finisher: Period.

I know I already am an Infantry man, but three years of inactivity makes me pretty new to the community, so here it goes:

Name: Marvin
Profession: Employee at a toy store
Favorite hobby: um... gaming, with costuming being a close second
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo game: definitely Halo 3.
Favorite other video game: Trials Evolution.
Other interests: costuming, reading, keeping up with a couple of youtube channels (Hatfilms, Roosterteeth, Outside Xbox).
Favorite food: any sort of meat, and donuts.
Favorite tool: the internet, not usually considered a tool, but it has helped me more than every other tool I've used combined
Favorite place(s): My room, wherever my close friends are.
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR, Pitch Black, Iron Man...

Name: Sarah Martin
profession: I don't have one, I want to be a lifeguard.
Favorite hobby: riding our 4 wheeler
Favorite game: I haven't tried all halo games, but so far it's the 3rd.
Favorite food: pizza or rice a roni
Other: I you guys want to go to a convention where everyone goes in their costumes halo, hulk,
Iron man, etc I haven't been there but I've herd it's fun it's called a comic-con it's down in Salt lake
this weekend for anyone who wants to go. Also the fee is around 12 a day :D

Name: Zacharie Wright-Hansen
Profession: Aircraft engineer in training (Hopefully airforce next year)
Hobby: Gaming
Favorite game: Halo 3 ODST but I am a fan of halo wars because I like RTS games.
Other: I am currently a cadet at my local 501st legion garrison and have a completed imperial crewman.. I have seen some of your work and am now hooked.. I would love to build a custom ODST but keeping to strict realism aside from a name or logo on the armor etc.. Look forward to working together :)

Name: Jarrod Jordan
XBL Gamer Tag: Flame Zero 1
Hobbies: Gaming, achievement hunting, shooting, martial arts, watching anime and building costumes
Favorite game series: Halo, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Saints Row, Fallout, and Mass Effect.
Favorite anime series: Trigun, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Full Metal Panic!, and Dragon Ball Z.

Bio: I am a young man trying to get through the system of higher education while keeping my sanity intact. I have been following the 405th for several years now but never really got around to becoming an active member until now. Back in the summer of 2010, I built my first full set of Halo 3 MK VI armor which I have been known to wear to several Halo game midnight launches hosted by my local GameStop. The suit was built based on what I had learned from the 405th and its many inspiring members. I am now working on my second full suit of armor based off Master Chief’s Halo 4 design. I plan on sharing my progress with the community very soon. When I am not building a suit, I enjoy playing some Xbox and unlocking 100% of the achievements in a game. I also hunting and target shooting with my friend.

Love this forum!

Name: Jessy Perez
Hobbies: Reading, Shooting, and recently trying out Costume Building.
Favorite game series: I don't really play video games, but I watch my son play, just as fun for me.
Favorite anime series: Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun. Really want to find some new ones out there that are not borderline hentai.

Bio: I am a close to 19 year Marine Corps vet, waiting to retire at 20. I am a Combat Engineer, but am currently serving as the Environmental & Safety Manager for my Battalion. I have just recently learned about Pepakura and the 405th a couple of months ago and decided to give costume building a try since I love to learn new things. I had no idea how much harder it would be than I initially though. I am currently attempting to build a Space Marine Helmet, but am running into issues with the small tabs that have to be glued together. My fat a$$, clammy fingers make it very difficult for me :angry , but I will continue to try and make the best of it. :cool

Message to Members of the 405th: Thank you for having a wonderful, helpful, and encouraging forum like this. I must say that I am truly impressed with the talents that many of you exemplify here and I can't wait to reach half the level of your expertise.
To my fellow Noobs: It gets frustrating sometimes, but don't quit!

Name: Salvatore
Profession: Full time student going for BS degree in Exercise Science
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Weight lifting, sports, skydiving and whatever life offers.
Favorite part of halo: Human technologies in the series can be a possible reality; The Forerunners; the story and how it makes me feel like I care about what is going on.
Favorite Halo: ODST & Reach.
Favorite Video Game: No favorites, I just like playing a good game when I see one, but I haven't play in a long long while now since I am more focused on the real world than games.

Other Interests: Becoming a stronger version of myself both psychologically and physiologically. Biking, running, getting bigger and stronger, obsessed with Arabic news, cultures and language.

Favorite Food: Doesn't matter for me as long they are healthy.
Favorite Finisher: Spine Rip and the Pit 2 from MK2.
Favorite Band: No favorite, I just like listening to a good music.
Favorite Movie(s): The Terminator ( Fantastic special effect)
Other: Traveled to Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Italy, Sicily and Tunisia in a matter of 2 months on my own.

Bio : I am hearing impaired ( hard of hearing), so that makes my life a tad bit difficult when it comes to verbal communications. I reside in New York City and going for a degree in Exercise Science because I got bored and saw no potentials in history and Arabic studies (especially the mess in the middle east have left me feeling hopeless) and now my escape is athleticism, living a healthy and active lifestyle for the rest of my life. Reading about the Spartan programs and seeing Master Chief kick butts only fortified the notion of wanting to be a stronger, faster human being.

I am currently a total noobie in armor making. I have never done and had always wondered just how the heck do people make these awesome armors? Now I recently found out pepakura and just how easy the concept of armor making is. I've already begun pepping noble six's helmet, but it came out imperfect with warps and improper folds. I've already begun on a second set of noble six's helmet today with a much better result so far. First I want to see just how good I am with armor making by trying to make a good helmet. If I can do it, then I will make the rest of the armors for me to play with, inspire others and run in.

To fellow Noobs : Take your time with pepakura. Pay attention to the folds, use hot glues because you can fix your mistakes without ripping the paper apart or have your poor fingers bonded to the paper and ending up warping your project in an attempt to pull your finger out.

Name: Andrew Davis(most people call me Davis)
Profession: currently I'm a delivery man who finds work through contracts
Favorite Hobby: Airsoft/Paintball, Cosplay, gaming, starter prop builder
Favorite part of halo: story line
Favorite Halo: Reach or 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo series
Favorite Food: Hot Wings
Favorite Band: got to many to really mention but my favorite genres are rock, metal, and alternative

I'm currently beginning my prop building journey with the start of me try to build a duel set of halo energy swords using pepakura files I found from off of here(I apologize if I don't provide the author I'm currently backtracking to try and find out his/her name but so far I'm coming short). My future building will probably include finishing my halo armor set. I plan on hopefully meeting up with the 405th division in the near future at one of the cons to finally meet up with everyone and see everyone's efforts at their armor they built. If any of you have any questions or just simply wanna chat it up, I'm free message at anytime.

Name: Cameron "Lance Black" Dias
GamerTag: Sicarius 2012 (alternate is LanceBlack12, I THINK!)
Profession: owner of Top Eagle Landscaping (basic yard and garden care)
Favorite Hobby: RC racing, Halo figure collecting, anime, and pokemon
Favorite part of Halo: the gametypes
Favorite Halo: ODST and 4
Favorite Video Game: Halo and Pokemon series (yes, i have at least a game from each generation and all of the Halos)
Favorite Food: Mole Enchiladas
Favorite Band: so many, but none are in country or have anything to do with Bieber, Manaj, or 1D

I am sketching the design for my armor that i want to build before the next march for Sakura Con (im close enough to go) and any other Seattle based convention involving cosplay, anime, and video games. after failing my first attempt at a cosplay (Touya from pokemon Black and White) i decided to step things up a few notches with a full set of armor that could be repainted when i want to change color (or i could make even more armor and whatnot so forth). i do plant to make an armory of halo weaponry, including two magnums (both could holster to my thigh armor), an Assault rifle from Halo 4 (because in H4 its a friggin beast! >:-D), and maybe an SMG from ODST (because my first set could be ODST armor, i'll never know) and a Sniper rifle.

with help from my father, i could possibly design two sets of armor within seven months.
im glad to be a rookie to the 405th and i cannot wait to share what i have in store for the future!

Name: Mike
Interests: Music, Target Shooting, Gaming, Anything Challenging
Goal: To complete my first pepkura based "War Master" armor set in under a year.

Name: Jason
GamerTag: CHA0S MAR1NE (the 0 in CHA0S is a zero) on XBL
Profession: Father, Husband, Xbox Live Ambassador and Recon Team Leader for PraetoriaGuard.com. Oh yeah, and a Building Engineer (glorified mechanic and maintenance man).
Favorite Hobby: My kids.
Favorite part of Halo: The armor and weaponry. Oh yeah, and the fact that MC kicks arse!
Favorite Halo: All, including Halo Wars.
Favorite Video Game: All Halos and CoD games
Favorite Food: Pizza.
Favorite Band: No favorite band but a favorite era. The 70's, its all nostalgic.

I've trolled the 405th for a while, back and forth between the Halo and Star Wars divisions. About 2 yrs ago my oldest son asked me to make Clone armor, yeah, right! I looked into buying it, nope, way too expensive. Then we went to PAX on Saturday and met a very cool Spartan, actually quite a few. gliderx69 was kind enough to take some pics with me and my son. He was such a nice guy I decided to ask him some questions while he was doing repairs and he was kind enough to answer them (and many, many more since then). So, after a week of struggling to figure out what to do, how to do it and how to view the files with gliderx69s help I feel confident enough to finally give it a try.

I'm going to build my armor 1st and if things go well I will do a build for my 9 yr old and then my 3 yr old. If all goes well I want to take them to PAX next year to hang out with all those other cool Spartans.

20130831_132634-Copy_zpsc95bb488.jpg

Name: Stephen
Profession: I'm a Chefand a certified parkour coach on the side
Favorite Hobby:parkour, Martial arts, gaming, and almost any " art" you can think of
Favorite part of halo: Love the Lore and story, and how many sub cultures have spun off from it.
Favorite Halo:... all?
Favorite Video Game:Metal Gear series... I really love it.
Other Interests: Um.. Cosplay?
Favorite Food: Um... Whatever I decide to create..
Favorite Finisher: Anything that ends with the letters "K.O."
Favorite Band: Undecided
Favorite Movie(s): Behind Enemy Lines, American Gangster, Wedding Crashers
Other: I ran the Philli Marathon
of halo: The Story line gets me into it and gives me the rush as if i am Master Chief
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Halo or COD series
Other Interests: I LOVE music and playing instruments and im really into airsoft/paintball
Favorite Food: Sushi!
Favorite Finisher: Mortal Combat (what ever Sub Zero does...)
Favorite Band: The Who
Favorite Movie(s): Behind Enemy Lines, American Gangster, Wedding Crashers
Other: I ran the Philli Marathon

Name: Jay
Profession: IT Analysis for a bank
Favorite Hobby: Reading, video games, paintball, running
Favorite part of halo: The books, the story is very in depth
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: really...HALO(any)
Other Interests: building things with my hands and being a Cleveland Browns/Lake Erie Monster season ticket holder
Favorite Food: Breakfast Burrito
Favorite Finisher: MK 1, when I first discovered you could uppercut someone into the pit below (us late 80s/early90s kids know all about that)
Favorite Band: Korn
Favorite Movie(s): Hurt Locker, Day of the Dead, Zombieland, Goon, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, Wreak it Ralph
Short Bio: Been a fan of Halo since I drove 2 hours to the nearest Circuit City ( in WV) to buy my first Xbox in 2004 and bought two games; Halo CE & Fable. Since then I have been hooked from Halo books to board games, even started playing ActionClix. Just recently wanted to set up my game with having my very own armor so I starting looking on how- to's and found this site. Looking forward to chatting all thing Halo and learning from people who have already completed this task which seems impossible.

Name: Tiffany
Profession: I work within the background acting community and production to create sets, costumes, and makeup as well as acting with a full time job in sales.
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Movies, and Writing
Favorite part of Halo: Master Chief
Favorite Halo: 1 and 4
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: I love music, sewing, painting, and my kids
Favorite Food: Desserts
Favorite Band: The Script
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Hobbit, and The Lucky One
Other: I have 3 kids who love everything in the "Nerd" world and am currently working on a set of armor for each of my 2 daughters for Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back