Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Fireteam Intrepid?

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Spitfire team?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the thumbnails because I can read through the post without clicking on the pictures and get I still get an idea of what they are talking about. Then when I'm done I click a picture and just use the arrows to scroll through all of them to get a better view. I thought I was lazy because the reason I don't like full size is because of so much more scrolling! (and I still end up having to click on the picture to zoom in better.)

Yeah, looks great! Best of luck with the house stuff. I promise I'll still be here when you get back. No promises on whether my suit is done or not though!

Ok so not really an update but just a notice I guess you could call it. Unfortunately this build is going to be put on hold for a short period of time as we’re looking into selling our house and it’s will require so fixing up to put it on the market. So that puts armor building on the back burner. But here’s some comical iterations of previous pics. Got playing with some photo editing on my phone and here’s what we came up with. As stated earlier the helmet looked a bit wonky when you were able to see his face where the visor would be. I haven’t been able to get into my vacuum forming yet so I got the next best thing. Then the scowl pose for mblackwell1002 What do you guys think? Haha
View attachment 252143
View attachment 252142
Another question....... what do you guys prefer for pictures? Full images or thumbnails? I personally prefer full images especially in ones own thread. I just hate having to click individual picturesto view them (guess I’m just lazy). Now I can see putting a thumbnail and such If posting to another persons thread. I not know maybe that’s just me, I guess feel free to chime in on your own preferences.

Best of luck with the renovations and selling the place. Here's hoping that your new home has an awesome workshop!

For pictures I go with whatever feels right and fits the size of the post I'm doing. Thumbnails for progress photos and full-size for finished work or things that have cool detail that I want to highlight. In general when browsing I prefer seeing a mix with fewer full-sized but that's because I'm usually on a desktop/tablet when I'm looking through the forums.

Not a lot of progress as of late. I have started a bit one the deadeye chest
Also happened to get a print of the day feature for my Deadeye helmet here. Thought that was kind of neat :)

Set your sights on this 3D printed Deadeye helmet from Halo - htxt.africa

Last edited:
Alright so things are coming along slowly but surely. Still printing while doing house projects(y) Currently still printing out the deadeye/fotus chest, about 1/3 of the way there. She’s a little rough haven’t sanded much of anything yet.
4BDEE40B-1F43-4681-8491-D08E787D1E07.jpeg 84CE9F11-50EE-44BC-9B26-DBD6F09C87D9.jpeg

I then gathered all the strewn pieces for a total progress pic. So here is the current state of Spitfire Company. Spartan #3’s getting a little behind due to having to be a totally different scale. Honestly not sure if #3 will be completed at all :unsure: but well see.
9C917300-4E17-4475-AA80-497CCECE3389.jpeg
A lot of sanding, taping, sanding, taping, painting, taping, and did I say sanding!? ahead

Last edited:
Been up to much?
Not too much to show really. Took a while to get my filament. Still working on the deadeye chest. About 1/2 way there. Also got my back off mod for the Warmaster helmet figured out. A little crude but it’ll work and it was quick and easy. So that’ll just need some rare earth magnets. Then I can finish up the paint job on that. So not too much to show but slowly picking away. I’ll gry some better pics when I have more to show.
image.jpg

Ok so here’s the end result of the back off mod for the Warmaster helmet. This was required for this helmet to be wearable and not have that infamous bobbleheadness. There is definetly a visable seam but oh well I’m way behing schedule on these builds and the good enough train of thought has already settled in. So ignore some the poor seams and such - there’s just too many.
Anyway I used some good ole crafting popsicle sticks and made some pretty crude alignment pins and recepticals with some pretty crude glueing. All that’s left is to pick me up some magnets. So enough of the sob story now here are some pics
ABE7B9B1-ADCF-4450-8ED3-25FCC1C1F2CE.jpeg B87D2B84-658E-4050-BA85-79ED2138FD54.jpeg 763F9C58-5A01-460A-94BC-86EFE7959E2C.jpeg
And now here’s the state of the deadeye/fotus chest. Still alotmof printing left.
E563036E-E1F0-458E-9486-1F0F72C413F2.jpeg
So that’s all for now. I’m still picking away at this chest. After all this the legs should go quickly. Also I’m getting the itch to get my DIY vacuum forming table together with this Warmaster helmet nearing completion . I have everything I need minus the time.

Ok so small but BIG update for me!! I finally got around to building my vacuum forming box :) and actually vacuum formed my first piece. But I found up the toaster oven I picked up at the second hand store got $5 is really too small. I was able to get it to work with the oven and a heat gun. So first piece was the Warmaster helmet visor. I’m pretty pumped the visor came out pretty good for things not going real smoothly. So I’m considering this a test piece to try some tinting techniques. Anyway sorry it’s tough to see in the pics, it’s hard to show the detail in a clear visor. So here’s what Ive got!!
F6C14212-E8D2-4204-88A5-23EE44F8C842.jpeg
AAC4C0BB-41FF-4E66-BB64-97BE40BDA37C.jpeg

5EDBB060-9D72-44A7-8E63-FFDCAA24B2C4.jpeg FC7BC83F-AFDB-4B2E-A530-47CEF3C12DE7.jpeg
Need to smooth my buck a lot more and hopefully it’ll smooth things out in the visor. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
When it comes to making the visor you *should* be able to dye the visor and then spray a very thin coat of Spaz Stix chrome paint and make it visible.

I might commission you in the future for visors. Hehe.

When it comes to making the visor you *should* be able to dye the visor and then spray a very thin coat of Spaz Stix chrome paint and make it visible.

I might commission you in the future for visors. Hehe.
Haha I still have a few bugs to work out before any of that but I will be dyeing them and experimenting with the chrome paints

Sick, dude! That turned out awesome! I know it's a test piece, but it fits! Took me several tries just to get it to fit. What color are you going to go for?

Ok so got the first test visor done. A little eh on he results. Used some poly dye and left visor in for 3 min. Ended up being way darker then I wanted, almost looks black. I then tried a very light coat of looking glass paint on the inside hoping it would lighten it up a bit. Not so much. So still have some more things to figure out.
2E5C7139-C2EC-422C-B0E4-020C0AB54246.jpeg B0CFED89-AE3C-4D4A-B649-56B0EE2D9F81.jpeg 5B97B37C-457D-4F19-B13A-AED1668F6EB0.jpeg

Slowly picking away...... got a few pieces just about finished
8CB40246-9801-4C09-B8B1-10C62600B9E9.jpeg

FD2A4D58-A253-4C3B-A0D7-BBF6C93A5E92.jpeg

Hoping to get that Warmaster helmet all painted up tomorrow :) and don’t mind the primitive stripes on the forearms. I had asked the boys to mask a design on them. I said they could do a stripe or whatever they wanted. And what did they do? They put a single strip and copied each other. How original!! Oh well they’re stuck with it lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back