Iron man suit for all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo techStark

Jr Member
O.k. everyone here's what I have so far (no pics,there in new to pep topic,just upgraded)
1 helmet
2 chest/back w/top flaps
3 shoulder/bicep/forearm
4 thigh/shin/knee/
5 hip

All I ask is ANYONE who unfolds these, repost them here for everyone and please give me and this site credit. I did spend awhile making these pieces.
http://rapidshare.com/files/116793285/IMpep.rar.html

This is my way of giving back for all that I have learned from this site.I'm sorry its not halo related.....but everyone keep up the great work.

http://rapidshare.com/files/116893347/IMhelm.pdo.html New hemet fix

Hooray! Can't wait to start working on these. I only wish I knew how to unfold and then I'd do it for you Lo Tech. But I don't so I'll wait :p Thanks for spending so much time on these though.

all this talk about "how many posts" is only going to make the postcount higher. I'll be removing post counts as being visible in the next week or so.

Adam said:
I'll be removing post counts as being visible in the next week or so.

Fantastic idea.

@all: Here's the contents of those pep files, btw:
impep_helm.jpg

impep_chest.jpg

impep_arm.jpg

impep_hip.jpg

impep_leg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrogy said:
Fantastic idea.
I agree :) tired of hearing about people's post counts. As I see every forum I go, "You are not your post count!" I know people that have over 2,000 on forums with half of them being spam and others who have 2,000 legitimate posts. Post counts should be destroyed, lol.

Adam said:
I'll be removing post counts as being visible in the next week or so.
That's a good idea. I never really paided attention to my post count, if fact I just notice that it's in the 1300's. (Do I really post that often?) It would also keep people from the whole "whatever'th post" comments.

Anyway, Iron Man files look awesome, but I must stay away till my MKVI is complete and all my other plans finished.

Keep up the good work, Stark.

Sorry about the post Question, I didn't mean anything by it.I had just read that you needed so may to post in other parts of the sites.I fine here,I was just a little curiuos. Sorry :cry:

But I'm glad everyone likes.I'm going for this one and a mark iv suit.Going to use these as molds so I can vacuum form them.

I'm not much of a clay modeler so this is going to work perfect for my projects.

I'll most likely finish off some more of the parts in a while for all.But I figured this would give every one a good start.

is there a tutorail on how to unfold pep files? can someone please explain this prosess to me. or point a brotha in the right direction.

by the way no offence to the pep poster but the helmet has a few glitches in the left and right jaws that may need attention.

Just so you all know I'm taking a stab at unfolding. I've got most of the leg unfolded, and I assume that you can just use the flip pattern option to do the reverse leg. I'll find an upload site once I finish, so don't anyone bother unfolding the leg is what I'm sayin :p

Ya I figured everyone could just flip the pattern instead of unfolding each arm/leg.Good job. theres a repost of the helm above.there was a glitch in the mesh that i fixed.

Here it is unfolded. I am a total noob, but Pepkura designer is easy to use :). Note the model is very far from perfect, IE the bottom has crazy geometry same goes for the ridge in the cheeks. The Helmet is scaled to 26.7cm height, 10.5 inches

cant send an attachment? errrrrrgggggggg

so have a jpeg and not a pep weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Checking out the new helm file tommorrow(figuires after i did the old one) ahhaha

Ok boys and girls here is the leg unfolded. I really crammed them on the pages so I could use as few pages as possible. You'll have to do a little rearanging when you flip the pattern for the other leg. I used a height of 100cm as the scale as my leg from foot to hip is about that length. (I'm 6'3" 34in inseam) So I hope this works for you folks, and I guess I'll start on the arm next ;) Enjoy
http://rapidshare.com/files/117073109/IMleg_unfold.pdo.html

Thanks,Killer job Fsyemogushi,I myself half to knock about 25 cm off that length.As I'm only 5'10" but scaling it down will be no prob.Thanks agian.I'm working on the chest myself,Off and on.I trying to finish up modeling other pieces(abs,feet, ect...)I should have modeled the neck with the chest so they fit together right.So hold back on the chest for a couple of days so I can post an update on it.I got a little excited about getting this thing out to everyone.

Here's a little update. I won't do a update on any of the parts I've posted before.I thought this one was necessary .When I was modeling up the abs,I got to thinking the chest abs and hips fit into each other, so this file is all three in one.It should make sizing easier on these parts.Sorry for this,I would hate to see some waist there trying to put this together and the parts not fit together right.There's one problem with the file .Wings3d was messing with my mesh when I would save it.It was trying to soildify the objects, so there will be some wierd polygons inside the pieces.Just use the Check Corresponding Faces on these and slide them off the pattern.Any ways here it is.

http://rapidshare.com/files/117146519/IMtorso.pdo.html

This might be a stupid question but did you leave the hole in the chest for the repulser out on purpose for ease of build or was there another reason? Just curious cuz I wouldn't mind having it in there for reference purposes once I get it glassed so I know exactly where to cut. Just an observation :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back