Mendez's Halo weapon 3D print file dump [Download] (HELP NEEDED)

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by CPO mendez, Jan 3, 2017.

1. kaween

kaween

Yup, and seriously cleaned up and augmented in resolution too compared to the original game rip, plus added some details which aren't in the game rip models anyhow. :D Not needed for use in game stuff, but to print in 3D ? Night and day difference, if I do say so myself. Don't need to believe me on my word, I've put a comparrisson screenshot of the model before and after cleanup to illustrate my point in the FFA15 thread.

M6H2 FFA 15 : every concievable M6H2 can be created using that kit. :D (and a couple that don't exist too if you really want) found here : FFA series number 15 : Modular M6H gun + variations

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  2. blackace936

blackace936 New Member

Well that saves me the trouble then. And a fair bit cleaner work than I was producing too!

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  3. blackace936

blackace936 New Member

So been working on the reach grenade launcher this week. (sorry for no images I'll try and get some soon) I think there's an issue with your scaling. When I looked it up it said that it's a 40 mm launcher so the model seems to be way oversized. I'm printing it at 72.7% scale to get the 40mm barrel. Otherwise this thing would probably rival the AR for size.

4. CPO mendez

CPO mendez

I've been getting questions like this a lot on thingiverse, and every time i go to double check the file dimensions to make sure i didn't make a mistake. everything's just bigger than you think in the Halo universe! However, I get the dimension measurements from Halopedia, which is USUALLY sourced from the Official Halo Visual Guide. However, i just went and checked, and the length given for the grenade launcher isn't sourced, and not mentioned in any of the source links, so i'm not entirely sure where it came from. But I eyeballed it myself (by comparing the size of the trigger compared to the AR) and it looks like the proper size with the scale i have, so i dunno why the barrel would be so much bigger.

5. blackace936

blackace936 New Member

yeah the halo weapons are humongous, seemingly even for 7' tall giants sometimes. A lot of these discrepencies come down to miscommunication between art and story departments I imagine, not to mention the fact these aren't exactly realistic weapons. I just scaled to what the barrel would be according to it's intended ammunition since there is a real world equivalent in this case.

6. agentflorida

agentflorida

Hey CPO, can you make the just a single bullet and a empty mag for the every version of the DMR, Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, Magnum, Smg, and the Sniper Rifle. And the rockets for the rocket launcher and hydra, and the bomb for the sticky detonator. Its just the bullets of each gun in their own file with just the bullets, the rockets with their own file, and the empty mag in their own file. My 3D program doesn't allow me to make, professional or intermediate or advanced changes to objects.

7. Syncru

Syncru New Member

dude I'm a big fan of yours on thingiverse and I was wondering if you could make some of the turrets and a good quality energy sword, of course I haven't been able to find a good copy

8. Syncru

Syncru New Member

if you need help I'm great with graphics design

9. Kusak3

Kusak3

Just an update part 18 of the Saw is missing.

10. blackace936

blackace936 New Member

Might want to redownload the files. I'm printing the saw right now and did part 18 yesterday. The numbering on the exploded view of the SAW doesn't match the file numbers btw. So just for clarity is it part 18 in the pics or file 18?

EDIT: I went ahead and reconstructed the entire thing in Inventor. Part #18 from the assembly illustration is indeed missing. Try mirroring part 24(these match up in drawing and file name) across the appropriate access to get the missing piece. Part #28 is duplicated and the same as part #29 as well so only printing one of them is necessary

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  11. Kusak3

Kusak3

I was not directly printing it. A friend of mine was handling this particular section of the print being my printer was busy on another item. yes I noted the numbering was off. but I mirrored part 24 and sent it to my the person doing the print and he said it did not match up correctly. I found one of the other uploads that had been done where I cant remember at this second that had a complete cut of the gun all parts still in one file. So I yanked the piece I needed and performed some magic. So on my end the problem is taken care. And I am picking the Saw up today when we get back from the convention we are at and taking it to deliver it to its new owner later this week. So that he may have the fun of assembling and finishing it. I have only seen pictures of it so far and one of the pieces early on. But it printed out beautifully according to my friend that handled this print.

12. CPO mendez

CPO mendez

Maya (or brain-fried past mendez) always seems to be springing these little problems on me..

So the SAW was a little more difficult to put together than the others, since it was sliced in both the X and Y direction (if that makes sense) so making the build guide was really difficult. i went through my personal archive, and 18 is there. HERE'S the STL, which i uploaded on its own for ya. i'll see about fixing the original download on here and on thingiverse. make sure to post a build thread once you're done!

13. blackace936

blackace936 New Member

Oh I'll have to post a photo dump soon. So far I've successfully printed: the AR, DMR, reach grenade launcher, magnum, rail gun, SAW, SMG, and shotgun. I've got quite the armory stowed away in my closet right now haha

mblackwell1002 and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  14. CPO mendez

CPO mendez

Jesus man! sounds like you've been busy! can't wait to see a build thread for all that.

15. Kusak3

Kusak3

Sad thing is I am terrible about build threads. LOL. guess I will have to take a bit of time and take pictures of the DMR that I started.