My Mark Vi Progress W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloplayer

Jr Member
Hello 405th.com. Youhave seen many topics about my armor progress but this will be the official one. So lately ive been working on the Mark VI Helmet by DANNIFOOD4LESS. Its just like the HD helmet by FLYINGSQUIRL but with less extra details. I have already done the helmet but I decided to redo it because it warped so much that bondo cant fix it. The pepped version of the helmet by DANNIFOOD4LESS looks like this:

[attachment=10211:100px-MKVI-DF4L.png]

What I am up to now is I am biulding the front part of the helmet because its not as detailed as the version by FLYINGSQUIRL so I have to put extra hard work into that.

My next part of the armor that will be pepped is the right and left HDfoerarms by NUGGET. Heres a picture of them from the halo wiki:

[attachment=10212:100px-MKVI_HD_FOREARM_RIGHT_NUGGET_LETTER.jpg]

Images of my progress will be up soon. Reply. I am ok with positive and negative comments.

mks81 said:
Do you have any progress pics?

I had progress pics of my first helmet but it was a failed atempt so ill have them up probably by tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes u made it ,hooray,all right halo101 if it doesnt mind you i will be watching this topic and keeping it in the new and fresh area so people can see it

mjolnir follower said:
yes u made it ,hooray,all right halo101 if it doesnt mind you i will be watching this topic and keeping it in the new and fresh area so people can see it

Thanks a lot man. Il'l also keep this topic up to date and have the progress pics up by late today or early tomorrow. So far i've completed about %20 of the top of the helmet.

Ok so I have only worked for like 20 minutes and this is what I have done so far. Thank god no warping yet. My Dad has bought me some super glue.

[attachment=10216:photo 56.jpg]

Sorry for the lack of progress.

Yay my mom bought me a sanding/grinding kit. You attach it to your power tool and you just sand whatever you want.

[attachment=10224:photo 57.jpg]

halo101 said:
Yay my mom bought me a sanding/grinding kit. You attach it to your power tool and you just sand whatever you want.

[attachment=10224:photo 57.jpg]

your mom is very supportive of what youre doing

very cool man.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
your mom is very supportive of what youre doing

very cool man.

Thanks. Heres another picture of my progress. Thank god no warping yet!!!

[attachment=10227:photo 58.jpg]

This progress took me about 2 hours. I am working faster than my first helmet and no warping. The helmet is coming out extremly well.

Ok ready for some more progress pics. Here you go:

[attachment=10251:photo 9.jpg]

As you can see, no warping

[attachment=10252:photo 10.jpg]

This progress took me only 2 1/2 days and its way better than my first helmet.

I am not finished yet.

TIP FOR THE DF4L HELMET: Start yout way from the top and make your way down. make the front mouth area seperate and then attach it to your helmet last.

mjolnir follower said:
wow thats frkin awesum ,shieee howd u work that fast,im gobsmaked

Um heres some tips:

1: it doesnt matter about your cutting, especially on your tabs but i always try to make it perfect since i dont have any bondo on my hands.

2: Use siccors for big pieces but use an exacto knife between the tabs especially on the curved pieces because there is a ton of tabs

3: use crazy glue because you could glue the pieces instantly right after cutting them out

Hope these tips help. ill probably start a topic with these tips.

mjolnir follower said:
thats good to hear,have you resined it yet before you do fiber glassing

um i dont know. should i fiberglass the inside first and then resin the outside???

Heres the pepped helmet. NO warping at all.

[attachment=10281:photo 12.jpg]

Also i have an idea. Do you now the vents that master chief has on his helmet. i though of making holes in the vents and then take a piece of the nets for your window that keep the bugs out and then put it there. Once thats all done ill put a really small flat fan behind it so it would blow at me.

[attachment=10284:photo 14.jpg]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! help! I just fiberglassed and I still smelled the fumes. The respirator was brand new. What do i do??????? BY the way, i only fiberglassed the top of the helmet. Are there any other ways of hardening your pieces

halo101 said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! help! I just fiberglassed and I still smelled the fumes. The respirator was brand new. What do i do??????? BY the way, i only fiberglassed the top of the helmet. Are there any other ways of hardening your pieces

If you haven't thrown away the respirator packaging, find it and make sure your respirator is rated for organic chemicals. If you can't find it look up the product specs online, or maybe even on the respirator itself. If it does comply with organic, maybe it's just a faulty respirator or you just need to tighten it up a little bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back