Props My project AR (GETTING CLOSE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chance said:
I've got family down there :)
You are just going to have to move into a bigger place Adam... Pretty soon... we wont all fit anymore....

Last edited by a moderator:
could you do a tutorial on how you did this! it looks really amazing! dancing kitty for you

Spase said:
You are just going to have to move into a bigger place Adam... Pretty soon... we wont all fit anymore....
Yeah, everything is bigger in texas... and if we consider Adams popularity in Halo armor making... It's going to be pretty tight over there :p

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: Could you please atleast let us know what did you use to get those details sticked on? what material was it? Metal, wood? (poster board? lol)

volkov said:
that is amazing.... no other way to put it

Again I wish that I had put together a compellation of photos showing the build. There was another person some time back that had the same idea going, I think that I have a pic that shows his progress. In the model the only materials used were the model it’s self poster board, super glue, bondo, glazing putty, expansion foam for strength. I also cannibalize a Dessert eagle for part as well as spear parts for the button housing on the side of the gun from one of my motorcycle helmets. That reminds me dose anyone have good screen shots of the button, is it the same as the xbox power button?

Reilly said:
Holy shnikees! Thats great work! (y)

Awesome Pulse Rifle by the way.

Thanks, Its not the most accurate PR, but I like it. I call it BOOMSTICK!

YOU HAVE EARNED 3 DANCING KITTIES. (that's more than i have ever given :D )

That is fantastic and i agree it could definately compete with the legendary AR.
The detail is fantastic, and it starting from pep, is just unbelieveable. Then again i am noticing a lot more
pep projects looking just as good if not better than molded/sculpted projects.
Doing something like this would save you a ton wouldn't it slave-5 ;) (Your projects are amazing as well, don't take that bad)

Back to the AR.
Looks great, keep us updated, that is a BEE,EEE,AYE,UTIFUL gun.

-Justin

Truely awesome. J ust DL'd the .PDO file for the AR and will work on that some time in the future. Seriously awesome job on completing that. Now could you explain how you did the expanding foam on the inside or this? Did you form the Pepakura to completion then fill or did you form half of it and fill each half separately?

All right, thats it I have to make me one of these. That looks awesome. Keep up the good work. I have not tried pep yet but that type of work is really pushing me to do it.

That reminds me dose anyone have good screen shots of the button, is it the same as the xbox power button?

yes it is the power button is a circle with a line going through ityou can find them on pretty much everything electronic

crackhead09 said:
yes it is the power button is a circle with a line going through ityou can find them on pretty much everything electronic

FIGHTSTAR asked: Now could you explain how you did the expanding foam on the inside or this? Did you form the Pepakura to completion then fill or did you form half of it and fill each half separately?

I did form most of the pep model before filled it with foam. However for the front grip I'm filling it in by compartments.

chance said:
FIGHTSTAR asked: Now could you explain how you did the expanding foam on the inside or this? Did you form the Pepakura to completion then fill or did you form half of it and fill each half separately?
I did form most of the pep model before filled it with foam. However for the front grip I'm filling it in by compartments.

I see so you are doing this as you piece it together so when you fiberglass the weapon it has the support of the foam and will not collapse and warp. Do I have that right?

Chance, dude... that is one helluva awesome AR you've got going, there!

Like others have said, it's very reminiscent of Adam's and Legendary Armor's builds. MLC's, too. Many of the details are very similar. I take it you used thiers as reference, heh heh.

I myself haven't even begun to build any weapons to go with my armour, lol. I'm more focused on actually getting the suit done first, so I'll have that to wear at DragonCon later this year.

When I do get around to doing something like this, I know I'll certainly be using yours and others' as a direct reference for detailing and what not. Great job, buddy! Can't wait to see it finished! :D

Looks awsome! BTW doese anyone have a file for a MA5C all the pepakura AR's are MA5B's moddified with extera detail. they look to clumpy wheras the MA5C is more sprawled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back