1st Build [PIC HEAVY] First Cosplay - ODST - [ongoing]

IMG_8523.jpg

(Mine vs original)

pretty close!

Looks like if I do a watered-down brown airbrush over the thighs It could match perfectly! Very tempting.

One thing I'm a bit worried about is the visor. I was going to build my own vacuum forming machine, but I ran the numbers it it would cost $600-$700 to build it.

I'm not entirely certain what to do about that, so if anyone's in the Edmonton, AB area that has access to one, it would be fantastic if I could pay to use it
I've managed to make mine for about $400 USD, which is still *not cheap* and admittedly I'm still working on it...

I've managed to make mine for about $400 USD, which is still *not cheap* and admittedly I'm still working on it...
That's about $540 Canadian. I think I'll just use the shop vac at work and save a few hundred dollars that way, lol. I have some wood already, and the heating element I have in mind isn't terribly expensive. I might be able to do it for under $200, but I'll need to borrow a shop vac every time for now.

Still, I wish there was an easier way without the excess cost

I love the camo, thats really well done! And Multicam Black is absolutely the way to go for the BDUs, it just *works* with the ODSTs.
Thank you very much! I agree, the multicam does work well. Excited to see what the full armor looks like

I think you are doing great! I can't wait to see it all togeather
Thanks, Expendable!

I have almost all the foam cut and ready to be added. As well as 80% of the armor clearcoated.

Just need to figure out how to get decals without handpainting everything if I can manage, clearcoat those, and then finish up the strapping/attachment part of things.

It's very likely that I'm going to reprint the helmet, too, as I may have scaled it a bit too large for my liking.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back