Reach Royale - Saturday 23:30 UTC (4:30pm PST)

Discussion in '405th Halo Online Gaming (HOG)' started by mblackwell1002, Apr 15, 2017.

1. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Hey guys! We will be having Halo: Reach tonight! Yay! With me back in action, I'm ready to blow out some brainzz.

In order for me to use the back-compat online services, I have to play with my old account, BDub1002. I hope to see you all tonight!

Dirtdives likes this.
  2. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

We have reports that vivalablake89 will be making a return tonight via orbital drop pod, feet first into hell!
    I'll be a little late. Had to work today (kinda weird being here alone).

Dirtdives and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  3. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Ok man, sounds good. We'll see ya' there.

I imagine we will be doing Custom Games. We'll just wing it.

4. vivalablake89

vivalablake89

we have to definitely do more big team battle, I think if we have a decent size group like we did the other night we should dominate every time. We actually had pretty organized coordination all over the map and the communication level was pretty good for the amount of people.

5. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Yeah I thought we all worked well together and was very surprised how easy it was to talk and hear people in a party of 8.

I also got to see some aftermath of mongoose shenanigans courtesy of Schankerz and pipninja . That was pretty awesome. :)

Dirtdives and pipninja like this.
  6. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Did they get the goose to the top of the tower?:D

Anyway, the plan for tomorrow is...I don't know. I'm thinking some more party-style games for large groups of people. Classic party-style games like Fatboy, Juggernaut, Oddball, and whatever else springs too mind. See you all on the battlefield!

Dirtdives likes this.
  7. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Yes, they did. I'll send you the video tomorrow. :D

Dirtdives and mblackwell1002 like this.
  8. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

So guys...tomorrow, we will be having a sweaty playlist. Meaning, we will be playing more competitive matches than before. If any of you guys can make it, that would be awesome.

We will be doing regular RvB slayer, but with a slight twist. Red team will be communicating only with it's own team, and Blue team can only hear other blue team players, in order to isolate teams. This will only be temporary, after the sweaty matches, we can go back to regular fun stuff, but I wanted to really hone our skills and learn each other's Halo strengths and weaknesses as well as playstyle. If we can nail this, we will absolutely destroy our match-made competitors. so red and blue teams will be in their own parties.

The overall plan is to match up our fellow 405th teammates and get to know each other's playstyles to learn who plays what position the best.

Another thing I would like to do is play some elimination-style Reach combat, where we will face more desparate measures and truly push our skills to the limits and eventually become better players. Think of it like Breakout, but Reach style.

I think FFA is also pretty important for learning perfect map movement. In FFA, you have to know where everyone spawns on the maps, where people come from, etc. So I think this will be perfect for helping our skills improve.

In a nutshell, it's basically a training exercise/tournament. pipninja, SI3RRA 117, PerniciousDuke, vivalablake89, Schankerz, TwinMustang, come and join!

Dirtdives likes this.
  9. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Haha mblackwell1002 your getting down and serious!! This all going to be ReAch based?? Just wondering, I know it's called the Reach Royal

10. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Yup. 4 reals. Super serious. It is all going to be Reach based. I think I'll do a Halo 5 based Spartan training program, too. I'm no pro, but I want to learn the ways of the Spartan. :D "Teach me, Master Chief!!" *bows*

11. Schankerz

Schankerz

Oh man...I'll be sure to bring some paper towels...

12. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Also, be sure to bring a wet noodle. xD

PerniciousDuke and Dirtdives like this.
  13. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

y'know...to...uh...cool off. Not temperature wise; by whacking people.

Dirtdives likes this.
  14. Schankerz

Schankerz

Aye sir, I will bring the unforgiving wet noodle

15. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Hello everyone! Today we will be doing some more competitive stuff, as well as some casual fun and games. I have some Fatboy modes in mind. Anyone who would like to come, feel free to join us!

16. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

I'm just gonna throw Mythic Firefight out there since it's double xp weekend.. Maybe?

17. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

But...it's Reach...OKAY FINE. :p

I don't mind doing a round until everyone else arrives, but once people show up, I'd prefer to go back to Reach.

18. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

OK guys, I wanna do some competitive Halo 5 tonight. Similar to what we did with Halo: Reach, but this time, H5! Fun stuff!

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  19. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer Division Staff

Competitive? Like Halo 5 Arena? If yes, what time exactly?

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  20. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

5 PM PST; so in 4 and a half hours (ish). When I say competitive, I mean we'll be playing Custom Games as a group, but with HCS and default maps in CTF and Slayer modes. Each team will be separated into its own party to induce more competitive team play. If we have an odd number of people, we'll probably do FFA or something like that. Mostly just stuff to help us become better players. If it doesn't work out, we'll just do some matchmaking.

Feel free to join! We do this every Saturday (and also Monday) and we're always looking for more people! Everyone is welcome! :)

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  21. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer Division Staff

Oh... I understand. Thanks, I'll most likely pass, but I'll see about it. :)

22. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

It was a pleasure to chat about costumes and video games while playing with you CommanderPalmer I'm glad you made it.

23. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

lol, well, tonight I want to break away from Reach again and play some Halo 5. Tonight is Double XP weekend for Mythic Shotty Snipers, SWAT, and Warzone; so I wanted to jump in on that action.

Also, next Sunday is an official Microsoft FFA Halo tournament that I wanted to attend. So...I would like to practice a round or two of Custom FFA. Afterwards, we'll just vote on who wants to do what, I guess. :)

Besides, I finally bought a new Mic, so I can actually speak now. lol.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  24. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

I won't be attending this game night :( we're away this weekend

25. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

No prob, man. Enjoy yourself!