Request For Assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vector499

Jr Member
Before i begin to hear the shouts of angry moderators bearing ban hammers and torches, allow to state my situation i have been having LOTS of trouble making pep armor and doing scaling it properly

• what section of the scale changer do i put my scaling number( the one found by dividing your characters height by your own (Here)? or am i suppose to put the height my armor piece should be in there? (the scale section in the change pattern size window that is)
  • when i print out pieces of whatever the program says "the paper size that is specified by pepakura designer is not the same as the printers adjust to scale ?" adjust scale Y/N
  • should i put the size of the paper I'm using 279 X 216 mm (width by height of card stock ) directly into the width and height settings of printer and paper settings? instead of 210 X 297mm (width by height of A4) yes/ No
  • should i space my pieces out into different pieces of paper in the PEP program? so as to prevent loss of lines yes/no?
  • Also i have one suggestion put links to pep armor files, PEP building tutorials, a link to the pep software, and scaling tutorials into the resources section of your website, oh and a list of materials/ equipment you need to start. It would help and be logical.
  • why do some pep files lack numbers on the fold lines and how should i put these together or put numbers on the lines so i can put them together?

To input the scale go to 2dpattern window -> change the scale of development -> input scale.

Say no to the "adjust to scale" question. Instead of auto-adjusting the scale, just look through it in print preview to make sure everything you need fits right. If it adjusts scale automatically, it'll come out looking very undersized usually. If it all shows up on the paper, everything important will print out.

How you space pieces and such on the paper is a personal choice. If you take up more paper, it might be easier for you, but you spend a little bit more money on cardstock. Personal call.

To get numbers on the fold lines, go to 2d pattern window and check "Show Edge ID"

As for organizing the site, things are still growing right now. If you feel proactive, you can play around on the wiki a bit, just note there are some pieces (such as the WETA ODST files) that creators don't want on the Wiki. In time it'll all get a bit more organized though! I think right now everyone's pretty occupied with other things. :)

Hope some of that helped.

No torches here, just a few answers, maybe.

1. I always scale the piece that I'm pepping to the size of the body part it fits onto, I don't mess with the scaling number, I just enter the height, which automatically adjusts the rest of the dimensions, this method has not failed me yet.

2. The reson you get that message when you try to print is most likely that either the program thinks you're trying to print a "letter" size page (8-1/2" x 11") rather than A4, OR the program may be trying to print in landscape format and the printer is set up for portrait (or vice versa), these can be easily adjusted in the "printer setup" option under the file tab.

3. This is sort of answered in #2

4. There is already a link to pep building tutorials, files and scaling, just check the stickies, there's even a thread put out by ithica on supplies right here in the noob forum called "the complete noob list".

5. The only pieces I've seen without numbers on the folds are usually floating face pieces (the detail parts to the MK VI helm for example). It could also be that the particular file has the numbers turned off. Before you print, look under the view tab and make sure that the "Show Edge ID" option is checked. I have seen a few programs that have them off for some reason.

Well, hope this helps a bit. For the future, look around the site a bit more, most if not all of the questions you asked have been covered.

What Trooper0621 said.

As for the scaling, DO NOT put the "Magical Scaling Number" into any of the scaling options in the Pepakura desinger. You have to use the magical scaling number (For me, it was 7) and multiply it by the height of the piece in the picture you used. When you get that number, input it into the "Height" section of the scaling. For example, if your magical scaling number is 7, and the height of the helmet on the character in your picture is 4cm tall, then your height of the piece made for you would be 28cm in height.

If that didn't help, just read the thread over again.

Good luck!

I did have that in my tutorial. Its been there for the whole time. And if your using Pepakura Desinger 3 or 3. something, you have to use mm, not cm. Thats probably the reason why you got such small armour.

Read the tutorial more carfully next time. Take your time, measure twice, do all of the math, then input your number into the scaling table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back