SBG's Halo 4 MC build.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might (might) be making STL versions of those for my Mk VI build because I want to do something for the finger topsides.

Just give me a heads up if you do. I don't mind pepping the finger plates its just the bondo work that I'm not wanting to do. Figure that it would be quicker to just get them printed, while I focus on the rest of my build. Thanks ahead of time if you decide to do it.

Just give me a heads up if you do. I don't mind pepping the finger plates its just the bondo work that I'm not wanting to do. Figure that it would be quicker to just get them printed, while I focus on the rest of my build. Thanks ahead of time if you decide to do it.

I didn't use any bondo on my fingerplates. Just resin, and bit of rondo, just to harden it more on the inside. Then just sanded the few rough edges... Really not much work.

I didn't use any bondo on my fingerplates. Just resin, and bit of rondo, just to harden it more on the inside. Then just sanded the few rough edges... Really not much work.

hah, I felt like calling you a terd! For not telling me that is. But, I guess that I should be the one to claim it, lol. I was like who is this CommanderPalmer that is posting in my thread, and in a lot of other threads. Thought you were a new recruit fresh out the box trying to get their member status up by making a bunch of post in a bunch of threads! Never even paid attention to your signature, as if that wasn't a clear give a way.:facepalm I was like wait, when you mentioned above about the finger plates. Hold up let me go, and check out their latest threads. Did that then I was like ohhhhhhhhhh! To put it in short, you changed you profile name. I feel like a blonde, anyways hah, hah.:lol

hah, I felt like calling you a terd! For not telling me that is. But, I guess that I should be the one to claim it, lol. I was like who is this CommanderPalmer that is posting in my thread, and in a lot of other threads. Thought you were a new recruit fresh out the box trying to get their member status up by making a bunch of post in a bunch of threads! Never even paid attention to your signature, as if that wasn't a clear give a way.:facepalm I was like wait, when you mentioned above about the finger plates. Hold up let me go, and check out their latest threads. Did that then I was like ohhhhhhhhhh! To put it in short, you changed you profile name. I feel like a blonde, anyways hah, hah.:lol

Thank you. Thank you, I was the best master troll without even trying.
Thank you, I'm forever grateful. *laughing hard* :D

trollo.JPG

IMG_20160611_214606_zpsr78hffb4.jpg

IMG_20160611_211326_zps0vkbssdg.jpg
I'm a little iffy with the front view foot just seems slightly big from front view. Although the knee isn't in the shot. Kinda don't wanna pep the knee until I get the shin a coat of resin. When I say barely getting my foot through the bottom of the shin, yeah it was pretty rough. After a resin coat I'll go ahead and open it up some by opening the bottom a little with a dremel. There is the option of pepping another with a increase in scale, but really I think if I do that, it will be to long. So opening the hole at the bottom should do the trick. Another good thing about the resin coat, it will allow for the pepped shin to not get damaged with me trying to test fit it.

IMG_20160611_213957_zps30pa3g0r.jpg

IMG_20160611_214208_zpsqoipvx3m.jpg
Although I have to admit the side profiles look good. While the front, and back views look to be more narrow. What I'll do is I will place some popsicle sticks inside around the calf area before a coat of resin. This will help push out the sides, making the front, and back look wider.

Thats all I got for now. Happy building guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20160611_214606_zpsr78hffb4.jpg
    IMG_20160611_214606_zpsr78hffb4.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20160611_211326_zps0vkbssdg.jpg
    IMG_20160611_211326_zps0vkbssdg.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20160611_213957_zps30pa3g0r.jpg
    IMG_20160611_213957_zps30pa3g0r.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20160611_214208_zpsqoipvx3m.jpg
    IMG_20160611_214208_zpsqoipvx3m.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 208
[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160611_214606_zpsr78hffb4.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160611_211326_zps0vkbssdg.jpg[/URL]
I'm a little iffy with the front view foot just seems slightly big from front view. Although the knee isn't in the shot. Kinda don't wanna pep the knee until I get the shin a coat of resin. When I say barely getting my foot through the bottom of the shin, yeah it was pretty rough. After a resin coat I'll go ahead and open it up some by opening the bottom a little with a dremel. There is the option of pepping another with a increase in scale, but really I think if I do that, it will be to long. So opening the hole at the bottom should do the trick. Another good thing about the resin coat, it will allow for the pepped shin to not get damaged with me trying to test fit it.

[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160611_213957_zps30pa3g0r.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160611_214208_zpsqoipvx3m.jpg[/URL]
Although I have to admit the side profiles look good. While the front, and back views look to be more narrow. What I'll do is I will place some popsicle sticks inside around the calf area before a coat of resin. This will help push out the sides, making the front, and back look wider.

Thats all I got for now. Happy building guys!

its.......so........PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie117

Thank ya kindly sir! Resined all the pieces in the above photos Thursday. Ended up throwing away one if the pieces though. Went to apply the resin as usual but for some reason the resin was curing faster than normal. I think it had something do with changing the plastic cups I was using to mix the resin, and the hardener. Luckily it was just the the piece of the boot that sits on the top middle of the foot. I almost lost it, but I kept calm, and chived on. On a side note don't buy one of those cheap little imitation dremel tools from harbor freight. It's not strong enough to cut through one coat of resin! I guess I'll borrow the real Dremel from work again when it comes time to use a cutting tool.:) Had to heavily mod the bottom opening of the shin, although I ended up using my xacto blade, but at least it got the job done! May scale the shin up a little more, maybe just a 1/4 inch. Still some little bit if a struggle to get my big foot through. If I do scale it up, its gonna be after I get a thigh assembled to check proportioning of the leg armor as a whole.

argofinal_zpszmyib6pg.png

(Above photo) Finally a good render because of good lighting. Now I can focus on maybe putting the rest of the team together for the next render I'll do.

Attachments

• argofinal_zpszmyib6pg.png
    argofinal_zpszmyib6pg.png
    623 KB · Views: 239
One thigh down, another to go. This one is practically done, even though I purposely left out 5 pieces that go on the innermost part of the thigh that touches your leg. If I were to add them now, the thigh wouldn't fit on my leg in the proper position. I'd end having to trim away some of it later any how, so to save time, I'll leave them out.
IMG_20160711_221746_zps2udtjupj.jpg
IMG_20160711_221938_zpsgojtmmli.jpg
IMG_20160711_221849_zpsmyxpmcn1.jpg
IMG_20160711_221601_zpsuwblu0qi.jpg

This isn't to big of an update, but it's something. As mentioned in the previous post, I'm not sure if I'm gonna have to make another shin. Need to go ahead and finish pepping the knee, that way I can see the proportioning with all the leg armor on. If it looks good then I'll jump to the next leg to start pepping.:cool

Attachments

• IMG_20160711_221601_zpsuwblu0qi.jpg
    IMG_20160711_221601_zpsuwblu0qi.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20160711_221849_zpsmyxpmcn1.jpg
    IMG_20160711_221849_zpsmyxpmcn1.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20160711_221938_zpsgojtmmli.jpg
    IMG_20160711_221938_zpsgojtmmli.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20160711_221746_zps2udtjupj.jpg
    IMG_20160711_221746_zps2udtjupj.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 191
I know, as silly as this looks, but what ya want? Lol, just didn't have a mirror low enough to get a good shot of the leg. Could you imagine if I would of slipped, and fell!? Bye, bye leg armor!
IMG_20160714_142420_zpswl2vae8n.jpg

IMG_20160714_210607_zpsd6jicstd.jpg
Think that I'm gonna redo the shin. Increase the height about a inch. What you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_20160714_142420_zpswl2vae8n.jpg
    IMG_20160714_142420_zpswl2vae8n.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20160714_210607_zpsd6jicstd.jpg
    IMG_20160714_210607_zpsd6jicstd.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 210
I know, as silly as this looks, but what ya want? Lol, just didn't have a mirror low enough to get a good shot of the leg. Could you imagine if I would of slipped, and fell!? Bye, bye leg armor!
[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160714_142420_zpswl2vae8n.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160714_210607_zpsd6jicstd.jpg[/URL]
Think that I'm gonna redo the shin. Increase the height about a inch. What you guys think?

bad ass details and super clean , hoorayyyyy that it fits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't say for certain exactly how much longer the shin needs to be, but looks like it needs about 2-3 of your finger lengths. I had the same sizing issues with mine making things too small the first time but they still looked ok :p

Did you do the extra inset detailing by hand? on the knees/thighs/etc. I'm talking about the rectangles that are basically on everything in H5.
Screenshot_17.png
These details.

Charlie117

Thanks Charlie! By the way I decided to go ahead, and add a inch. Hoping to have it the new shin pepped by the end of the week.

The pep files that I'm using was prepped by MasterBuilder. He had already modeled the insets into the model. I didn't have to modify the models for Pepakura.:)

TimePhoto_20160817_190359_zps94hgpmqb.jpg

TimePhoto_20160817_183500_zpsl3dicodb.jpg

TimePhoto_20160817_183446_zpseftznisp.jpg

Just wanted to say that not only did the Chief survive the FLOOD in Halo 1, 2, and 3. He did it again! Sorry for the cheesy joke, but since last Friday I haven't been able to return to my house. You know what, it's pretty sad to say this, but that was the only thing I was was concerned about. To be more clear, I mean the armor. Even though I put pieces of armor up higher in my home, just didn't know how high the water would rise. Also, glad that I had moved our car into the neighbors driveway across the street. Back seat, under the floor mats were damp. Car started up just fine, but Statefarm is still going to tow the car to look at it. Not sure how many more days its going to take till the water goes down. Had to park at the end of the street, then canoe my way over to my home at the far end of the street. I feel for my neighbors though, a lot them got water in their homes.

A lot homes around where I live have been affected, strecthing all the way pass Baton Rouge which is about an hour away from New Orleans. A parish near Baton Rouge called Livingston had lost about 103,000 homes out of 150,000. That's about 90% of properties lost! Going to be helping out some church fam this weekend with gutting out their house, there is a lot of work to be done! So to the prayer warriors out there, please be praying for Louisiana.

Thought I'd fill you guys in. Hope all is well with everyone else!

Attachments

• TimePhoto_20160817_183500_zpsl3dicodb.jpg
    TimePhoto_20160817_183500_zpsl3dicodb.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 183
  • TimePhoto_20160817_190359_zps94hgpmqb.jpg
    TimePhoto_20160817_190359_zps94hgpmqb.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 181
  • TimePhoto_20160817_183446_zpseftznisp.jpg
    TimePhoto_20160817_183446_zpseftznisp.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 180
Glad you're okay! Damn the flood.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Glad you're okay! Damn the flood.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Don't always look at it as bad thing. Don't get me wrong, a natural disaster never makes life pleasant. Actually there is a lot of good that comes from it. Contrary to Secular media, or big news Corps, that tend to twist the truth, bashing people, and focusing on more of the negative. Which isn't always the case, but it's pretty often. I guess to plainly put it, it's what's most popular, or serving a political agenda. Anyways.

Now to the good stuff. It's an opportunity for God to show off his muscles! It's a story of resilience! Heard a story of a family's friend dropping everything. He used his vacation time to come to help his friends rebuild their home. This guy lives all the way in Chicago! Communities coming across the state of Louisiana to help assist with anything that is needed. There is always FEMA, but it's like neighbors, and total strangers just dropping everything to help anyone they can. It's just to say, we don't always need Government assistance. Usually they are slow to respond to helping the American people. It's just beautiful to see people come together as one! Also, just throwing this out there, our President is on vacation playing golf somewhere. Sorry, if I was in his shoes I would have dropped what I was doing and come to visit the American people! Not upset by it, just saying. Never spoke to my neighbors until this flood.
Just goes to show how we can get caught up into ourselves. Not to say that our lives don't matter, we just sometimes go through the same routine week, after week, and then sometimes missing out on the things that really matter. Material things can be replaced, but people are cannot be replaced.
To express more of my view of all this, there is a song out right now by Matthew West, the song is called Mended. The Lyrics go like this.......

When you see broken beyond repair
I see healing beyond belief
When you see too far gone
I see one step away from home
When you see nothing but damaged goods
I see something good in the making
I'm not finished yet
When you see wounded, I see mended
You see your worst mistake
But I see the price I paid
There's nothing you could ever do, to lose what grace has won......

Basically, this is how God views us in the times where we just feel all is lost. Sometimes situations cause us to finally lay everything down, and then look up to one who holds everything thing together!

To honor him, let's do something good for someone else, one baby step at a time, one day at time, for His glory! We can make a difference!

-DAT FLOOD THO-

Yeah... given how bad it came down here in Virginia last night, I'm not surprised to see flooding. That being said, despite coming from a country that is known for bad weather, I must say I'm surprised at the ferocity of American storms. I've seen bad floods before (Boscastle, the bad floods at the beginning of 2015) but nothing at all on the scale and frequency as America seems to get flood-level storms.

Glad to know that the damage isn't terrible and that your projects have survived. Here's to hoping the waters recede quickly and that you'll be able to get cracking sharpish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back