Scaling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scaling was probably the most frustrating part of my project. You need to measure body parts and enter those measurements directly into the pepakura scaling window. You'll definitley need to get a tape measure to do this properly. I'll do my best to explain what areas to measure.

Helmet:

Measure from your chin to the top of your head in a completley vertical line. Then add 1-2cm for extra space. (Helmets are usually around 26-29cm in height)

Chest Piece:

Measure across the top of your chest from shoulder blade to shoulder blade. Keep in mind that you can still get by with this piece being a little big, but too small and it will look silly as well as be uncomfortable.

Bicep:

Measure from the top of your shoulder to just above where it would touch your forearm if you bend your elbow. Keep in mind there will be several inches of gap between the bicep and the forearm piece when extended.

Forearm:

Measure from the tip of your elbow to the ball of your wrist. (See link for more on scaling forearms) Forearms

Cod:

This piece can be forgiving seeing as how people typically break it into several pieces and attach it to a real belt of some sort. Measure from hipbone to hipbone straight across and not around your body. Then add 1-2cm

Thigh:

Measure from your hip bone to just above your knee cap.

Shin:

Measure from the center of your kneecap to your ankle. There is supposed to be a gap between the boot and shin pieces.

Boot:

Measure the length of whatever shoe/boot you plan to attach the pep'd pieces to.

Hand:

This is pretty much on your own, not really a difficult to eyeball.

I highly recommend printing out and assembling low definition models first to ensure scaling accuracy before taking on tough pep files.

Hopefully this is a suitable visual:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back