Severe Case Of Pepakura Confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Smith

Hi. The reason for this thread is that even after a few hours of trying to get it to work, Pepakura won't... I've read this thread here:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648&st=500#entry308022

And it was a little helpful but after I opened up Pepakura 2 Viewer, nothing seemed to match with the tutorial.

First of all, I'm using an Intel Mac with Bootcamp running Windows XP. I have a printer connected and it works whenever I print anything from my Mac. My main problem appears to be that I besides from loading the file into the app, I can barely do anything! :(

Any advice will studied with great attention and the advice giver shall be worshiped... :notworthy:

THANKS!

what cant you do? can you not scale, print, rotate, rearrange parts? im pretty sure that with pep Viewer all you can do is print... you need to download pep Designer... i think.

I can't do any of those things except print. And that doesn't work either. D:

I can't afford pep Designer right now. Maybe there's a way to work around this that I just haven't thought of yet.

Uhh pep designer is free. Just for saving and exporting, you would require to buy a license key. Just go and download the designer and load it. Trust me, it will work.

it could be that Bootcamp cant run it properly... thats why im glad i got my crappy HP laptop, otherwise i would be stuck asking for kind peeps to make pdfs for me.

Confucious T said:
Uhh pep designer is free. Just for saving and exporting, you would require to buy a license key. Just go and download the designer and load it. Trust me, it will work.

Really??? I'm downloading pep Designer now, in that case. I'll see how that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
techbot and i both have macbooks and are dual booting with windows. neither of us have gotten any problems out of the program. have you set up your printer options on the windows boot? even if you can print from the mac os, you still have to set up a printer and the settings on the windows boot.

Confucious T is right! Pep 2 Designer is free but has restrictions. I can't save or export but I was able to set up things enough to print.

THANK YOU! :)

I'm working on it right now! *dance*

Update:

Everything's going great and I plan on starting the glueing tomorrow. Just one quick question that I couldn't find an answer to in the stickies.

How do you know how much to fold some of the edges? I'm probably going to have Pep open on my computer so I can use it as a guide but what do you guys usually do?

actually, when the pieces get glued together, it will fall in line, so you don't need to worry about having it folded just right, it'll do that by itself

halodude164 said:
actually, when the pieces get glued together, it will fall in line, so you don't need to worry about having it folded just right, it'll do that by itself

Ah, my mind is at ease. :) Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back