Sgt Forge's Mark V 3D WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Forge

I recently decided to build the Mark V because im a big Halo: CE fan, but when I checked out the files on the Pepakura Index I was disappointed in their level of detail. Some of the files didnt even resemble any Mark V parts. So, even though I am a noob at 3D, Ive decided to do a project to make completely new pep files of the whole Mark V, and this is where Ill post my progress, once the files are finished and unfolded(If I get that far) Ill update this post with the links.

ALL THE PARTS
34614_1334995416461_1278339573_30803622_4806973_n.jpg

Awesome! This thread is getting bookmarked!! Are you going to make the chest and back one piece??:D:D

Awesome! This thread is getting bookmarked!! Are you going to make the chest and back one piece??:D:D

Yes, They will be connected, Im going to include some of the stuff that looks like undersuit but is actually a part of the torso, like those squares in the inset of the chest and the circles on the back. Thats what will connect them.

Looks nice forge! (i may be biased say that because MK. V is my fav armor EVER, but....)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice forge! (i may be biased say that because MK. V is my fav armor EVER, but....)
Yeah, the Mark V is the best in my opinion, so I wanted to show it some love by giveing it better pep files for people to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've got an update, Ive finished the torso piece up to the point that I'm satisfied with it. Sure there are some details missing, but overall I feel this much more resembles the Mark V than the previous files I had, no offense to the original modeler

And heres the pics.
Mark_V_Spartan_Armor_3D_WIP_2_by_Izaak94.png

Mark_V_Spartan_Armor_3D_WIP_3_by_Izaak94.png

Mark_V_Spartan_Armor_3D_WIP_4_by_Izaak94.png

Sorry for how large they are, I dont know how to scale them down

Looks good!! Might I recommend using Blender 2.5.2 for modeling, it gives you a less... boxy look... still looks great

I'm stoked about this, I love the MKV I would have done it but like you said the only pep files are very very low detail. It looks a little boxy though.

EDIT: lol I posted that at the same time as Rhinoc, funny we said the same thing.

Looks good!! Might I recommend using Blender 2.5.2 for modeling, it gives you a less... boxy look... still looks great
Well, like I said Im new to the whole 3D modeling gig, so its obviously boxy, and Ive never tried Blender before. Ill have to check it out, maybe Ill use it for any other 3D projects I do in the future. And thanks for the compliment!

I'm stoked about this, I love the MKV I would have done it but like you said the only pep files are very very low detail. It looks a little boxy though.

EDIT: lol I posted that at the same time as Rhinoc, funny we said the same thing.

Well I hope what I come out with is good enough for everyones use. I know i plan to make a Mark V with it! And yeah, boxiness is due to my noobiness

Great idea for a project! I was actually considering a few days ago doing this to the Marine files for my first project :D I guess great minds think alike!
I will definitely be watching this thread to see how it turns out, although it looks like it will be great already!

Being a fellow Sketch-up modeler myself, I found a way to Make some endes more smooth...

Select all, then right click on it, and go to "Smoothen Edges" Then you can adjust the smoothness or sharpness...

I hope this has helped!

Great idea for a project! I was actually considering a few days ago doing this to the Marine files for my first project :D I guess great minds think alike!
I will definitely be watching this thread to see how it turns out, although it looks like it will be great already!
Thanks for the enthusiasm!! My next 3D project is going to be the Halo 2 Marines, because even though I've searched this forum a billion times I cant find one file for them.

Being a fellow Sketch-up modeler myself, I found a way to Make some endes more smooth...

Select all, then right click on it, and go to "Smoothen Edges" Then you can adjust the smoothness or sharpness...

I hope this has helped!
Thanks for the help!! Ill definitely try this and if it turns out okay ill post some updates.

Thanks for the help!! Ill definitely try this and if it turns out okay ill post some updates.

I just went on and found it, but I'm not sure if you'll want to do this everywhere on the model, because it will effect sharp edges.
So maybe try just using it on the places that are smooth in the game...

I just went on and found it, but I'm not sure if you'll want to do this everywhere on the model, because it will effect sharp edges.
So maybe try just using it on the places that are smooth in the game...

I think what I did worked out, but i tried both extremes and yeah, they can get REALLY rounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back