Sutekhian's Meta build, WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha! i knew there whould be a validation for different shoulders, then again, the fine red and blue stripes on the meta also changes between episodes. butas i say, very good luck, i failed at making one, so i hope you do far far greater than what i did.

ha! i knew there whould be a validation for different shoulders, then again, the fine red and blue stripes on the meta also changes between episodes. butas i say, very good luck, i failed at making one, so i hope you do far far greater than what i did.

Yeah I made sure I was doing the right ones :D I'll probably do an EOD shoulder and Scout Chest too later to let me swap back and forth. And yup, I think I'll go with the light blue stripes as that's the more usual one if memory serves me correctly. Thanks for the encouragement! I hope to get it working ;)

This will be awsome once it all comes together!
Have you ever though about making a clear EVA visor and then just coating the inside with Design Master Brilliant Gold spray paint? This seems to be the perfect job it. All of the info on it is on the link in my signature.
Hope I helped
-Gryphon

This will be awsome once it all comes together!
Have you ever though about making a clear EVA visor and then just coating the inside with Design Master Brilliant Gold spray paint? This seems to be the perfect job it. All of the info on it is on the link in my signature.
Hope I helped
-Gryphon

Thanks! Yeah the plan is to make the whole visor see-through, I'll not be using that particular spray paint, the guy who made the 3D model for me recommended using Alclad for it as it gives an insanely metallic finish so I'll be trying that out :D

Leetle bit more progress, so far I have the helm ready to cast, the CQB and EVA shoulder add-ons are now bondoed and smoothed off, the chest, waist, left forearm, left thigh and shin are now pepped.

And I repainted a macfarlane spartan to the style I'll be doing...

Photo-1281.jpg

As the gf calls it, the "giant space nappy"

Photo-1282.jpg

The CQB and EVA a bit smoother...

Photo-1273.jpg

Left forearm with as few actual folds as possible to make it smoother

Photo-1269.jpg

Think I may add a little knife ;) (little at 14 inches end to end)

Photo-1278.jpg

And last but not least I got some really cheap EVA foam mats for use on the inner thighs so I have flexibility and a bit more resistance to wear and tear

Photo-1279.jpg

Awesome pepping all the way! Are you going to make Bevbor's brute shot too? That would be SO sweet!

Awesome pepping all the way! Are you going to make Bevbor's brute shot too? That would be SO sweet!

Thanks! And I'm very tempted, not sure I'd manage in time for the Fringe but might for the later cons, Not had too much practice with weapons so I'm a lil nervous of them ;) Especially with that brute shot being multi part I'm a lil unsure on scaling it

Looking awesome so far, and I absolutely LOVE that forearm pep! I have always hated that part but you truly did an awesome job on it.

And last but not least I got some really cheap EVA foam mats for use on the inner thighs so I have flexibility and a bit more resistance to wear and tear

Really cheap as in.....? :p Thinking about getting some for a possible Mass Effect armour, but still looking around at prices lol

Thanks! And I'm very tempted, not sure I'd manage in time for the Fringe but might for the later cons, Not had too much practice with weapons so I'm a lil nervous of them ;) Especially with that brute shot being multi part I'm a lil unsure on scaling it
Simple. Bevbor has all his weapons at 1:1 scale, with the exception of the brute shot. Take the length on halopedia, divide by 86. Take that number, times it by your height (in inches) and input that length in the full model. The scale factor will change, and copy and paste that scale factor to EACh part, and it will be proportional to you as a 1:1 brute shot will be to the META. I've been tempted to pep it myself, though I'm insane and want to do it full-sized... :p.

Looking awesome so far, and I absolutely LOVE that forearm pep! I have always hated that part but you truly did an awesome job on it.

Really cheap as in.....? :p Thinking about getting some for a possible Mass Effect armour, but still looking around at prices lol

Ohhh it's my most hated part too, some really fiddly little nooks and crannies to do and I still need to do the other :-/

And really cheap as in just under 2 quid for a 600x600mm sheet, it's in the uk though and 8mm thick so fairly heavy stuff: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EVA-KIDS-INTERLOCKING-FOAM-TILE-SOFT-LANDING-SAFETY-MAT_W0QQitemZ270697159112QQcategoryZ44079QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6842630336994103541

Suddenly im glad the Meta is a free lancer, like me...

Anyway, this look great so far. Keep up the good work.

As long as you don't have any AI/armour abilities to scavenge ;) And thanks very much! Trying to do it fast without sacrificing quality

Simple. Bevbor has all his weapons at 1:1 scale, with the exception of the brute shot. Take the length on halopedia, divide by 86. Take that number, times it by your height (in inches) and input that length in the full model. The scale factor will change, and copy and paste that scale factor to EACh part, and it will be proportional to you as a 1:1 brute shot will be to the META. I've been tempted to pep it myself, though I'm insane and want to do it full-sized... :p.

Sweet thanks! Looking thhrough my files I found I actually have a one-piece version by him as well ;) Hmmm, that scaling makes the whole thing 59 inches, pretty big and grrr looking!

yeah, scale it on the complete one, and transfer the scale factor to the individual parts. Looking forward to seeing it!

Not so much done this weekend as my ex was visiting so I didn't get much chance to pep, I did manage to make the first part of the Brute Shot though to see how it looks. Thanks to the Fett for the scaling guide!

Photo-1284.jpg

*Bows* you're very welcome, sir. How do you plan on doing it? Resin and fiberglass? expanding foam? I really want to make one of these...

it might get very heavy though, FYI. Foam or Smooth-cast plastic will probably produce the strongest and lightest product. But your call/.

it might get very heavy though, FYI. Foam or Smooth-cast plastic will probably produce the strongest and lightest product. But your call/.

Hmm, I had been thinking of just a layer of rondo rather than filling it totally, I'm a little scared of the foam causing the pep to warp. How's a really thin rondo layer then foam as a space-filler sound?

Speaking of which, resin arrived today so I can start hardening parts!

I wasn't talking about filling it totally. The foam is strong enough that you can just do the "walls" of the part. Rondo might be stronger, but you'll be lugging around a LOT of weight... the meta might be able to do it with ease, but I dunno about you, but I can't drag a slab of concrete through a desert... I'd recommend testing the foam on a smaller part. Personally, I'd run a bead of the foam around the inside edges (where there are bends) and let that cure. Then go at it again, filling in uncovered paper. Then leave it hollow. it SHOULD work, but it's only a theory. I'd test it myself, but my can of great stuff is giving me issues. The stuff refuses to come out....

Personally, I'd run a bead of the foam around the inside edges (where there are bends) and let that cure. Then go at it again, filling in uncovered paper. Then leave it hollow. it SHOULD work, but it's only a theory. I'd test it myself, but my can of great stuff is giving me issues. The stuff refuses to come out....

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea! I'll give it a go when I've got some more done, spent last night resining / rondoing some body parts and getting the lower half of the BS body half done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back