To The Women That Support Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

halodude164

Jr Member
hey, this is halodude. i'm pretty new to this forum, but it's awesome. i just wanted to give some recognition to the women that have our backs through all of this (if you have one). i know from personnal experience that having an angry women definately puts a damper on the armor projects, and that's never any fun. but when they are fully with us, it definately goes alot smoother. my girlfriend has been pretty amazing with it, helping me cut out the peps and helping me set up for my failed attempt at glaasing, but cheering me on at the same time (but she just stepped on a piece of my pepped new helmet and it's messed up, like bad. but i'm not getting mad at her. she almost cried, it was so cute of her ;p i couldn't be mad). so show your woman some love, and they will give it back.

this is your friendly halodude reporting. over and out.

p.s. wip thread coming soon, just need to find my darn camera. moves suck.. u never know where stuff is....

No woman for me at the moment, but it's not costuming related. I actually picked this hobby up to keep myself busy after we split.

The cap from an empty shower-gel bottle she left at my house is now being used on my ODST plate though. =P

Trooper0621 said:
No woman for me at the moment, but it's not costuming related. I actually picked this hobby up to keep myself busy after we split.

The cap from an empty shower-gel bottle she left at my house is now being used on my ODST plate though. =P

lol, very nice. single is probably the best route in this, but i'm glad to have my girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, she almost cried when she steped on your helmet. How cute lol.

Glad you have your girl supporting this. Most girls think its stupid in what we're doing. Spending long hours building, touching up, painting, sanding, spraying....Holy Crap!! they almost do the exact same thing!!! If they only knew :p

I myself is trying to get a girl. She likes Rock N' Roll as much as I do lol!! I guess I can try to sway her with my mad guitar skills(once I work on em...To much armor in my way heh). She is also Mexican!!! which is a big plus since most of them listin to that annoying(and boring) mariachi music.

To all t3h Womenz supporting us armor builders!! (everybody)OO-RAH!!

-Pony

Toast for the women!!

Even though I only started on my armor recently, my girlfriend is extremely supportive and counts it as art (Which we are both into, although I'm into musical and poetic art, not really visual :unsure ). We have a joke going that she is going to put it over the fireplace :rolleyes . She is actually looking forward to seeing it done, so that helps with the drive to keep on keeping on (salute to Joe Dirt).

The Wife is supportive. She also sees the things I'm learning on mold making and casting as things that she can use in her crafting. Yeah, she's using me, but thats okay! She likes to see me working on the armor and I like being used by her! Ying and yang... the universe is balanced

halodude164 said:
p.s. wip thread coming soon, just need to find my darn camera. moves suck.. u never know where stuff is....

Tell me about it...

Das Brutus said:
Yeah, she's using me, but thats okay!

Too be honest, I wouldn't mind being used by a woman either.

Currently single, but the last one was semi-supportive. It was nice, but she wasn't very much help in the long run. The most I would LET her do was cut out pep pieces. She was a disaster otherwise, but it was one of her more endearing qualities. :lol In the end, we're still friends.

adam, i actually got this idea from you mainly, from your youtube thing on the hayabusa mold with the dragonskin stuff. i looked for a thread on didn't find one so i took the liberty to start one. but it's funny, my girl's dad thinks i'm a nerd yet he stay up all night playing r6, the full collectors edition, to the wee hours of the night. it'f funny. and my girl is sbout to start working at walmart too and you know what that means!!!! discounted stuff for the armor!!! which will really help. i love my baby :p

Here's to my BOYfriend :p I've been holding off on my armoring, don't want to clutter up the apt again and stress him out... le' sigh... but he supports me regardless :)

Having a woman proves that you can be Nerdy and handsome and the same time. ;)

My Aleksandra is extremely supportive about the armor making and even helps me out a bit. She encourages me to keep on building when I just want to quit. :3

My girlfriend is real supportive of my armor building. She really enjoys seeing people in costume and cosplay (though she won’t ever wear armor). She has seen many costumes, and has a good eye for detail, so I have her critique my armor which helps out a lot. She even goes and buy my supplies (I’ve told her she doesn’t have to, but she insist. Hard headed like me I guess)!

And Because of my artistic background, she also sees this as an art form (she loves seeing armor work from sculptors like Devin (Bluerealm) and Sean).

She also teases me about my armor building, saying stuff like “are you making your paper doll outfit again?” or telling friends/family “it’s made from 100 percent recycled toilet paper.” :) But she’s so supportive in the end.

Even if you haven't officially recruited your significant other, it always takes a team to do this stuff. Even those of you who are single likely still rely on someone for advise, support, and interest in your projects. Before I found my way here to the 405th I spent countless hours trying to discuss Halo costuming with people who really weren't interested (and politely waiting for a chance to change the subject.)

The sentiment here is just that everyone should be thankful for the support that they're asking people for while devoting themselves to such a tireless (and obsessive) hobby.

My wife Jen, who some of you have met is the most patient and understanding supporter that I could ask for. She's not particularly a Halo person, but she knows it means an awful lot to me. I couldn't be doing this stuff today without the help that she's given me through the years. For all those times that I've been to busy in the shop to wash the dishes or make dinner or buy groceries or mow the lawn...and all the times she's gone on errands to the hardware or art store... for every minute she's spent helping me into my costumes or listening to me tell her all the crazy things that go on here at the 405th or...

oh boy, am I ever thankful. :)

It takes a team.

Never forget to take the opportunity to thank the people who are helping you every day.

..oh, and your co-workers who put up with your being on a costume forum all day at work count too... thank them also!

Tango 89er said:
I have a couple of girls waiting to see how the armour goes. They're already urging me to enter a cosplay competition....

Cosplay FTW

I don't have a girlfriend cause I'm a girl and I don't have a boyfriend at the moment, but I do have parents that think my armor building is amazing and don't care how much I make and even help pitch in for supplies some times when I'm low on cash. They also gave me a piece of the basement to keep my tools, supplies, and suits of armor in and it even has some work space. Not only is having a supportive boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse important, but have a supportive family who doesn't think your crazy is important as well.

Sean Bradley said:
Even if you haven't officially recruited your significant other, it always takes a team to do this stuff. Even those of you who are single likely still rely on someone for advise, support, and interest in your projects. Before I found my way here to the 405th I spent countless hours trying to discuss Halo costuming with people who really weren't interested (and politely waiting for a chance to change the subject.)

The sentiment here is just that everyone should be thankful for the support that they're asking people for while devoting themselves to such a tireless (and obsessive) hobby.

My wife Jen, who some of you have met is the most patient and understanding supporter that I could ask for. She's not particularly a Halo person, but she knows it means an awful lot to me. I couldn't be doing this stuff today without the help that she's given me through the years. For all those times that I've been to busy in the shop to wash the dishes or make dinner or buy groceries or mow the lawn...and all the times she's gone on errands to the hardware or art store... for every minute she's spent helping me into my costumes or listening to me tell her all the crazy things that go on here at the 405th or...

oh boy, am I ever thankful. :)

It takes a team.

Never forget to take the opportunity to thank the people who are helping you every day.

..oh, and your co-workers who put up with your being on a costume forum all day at work count too... thank them also!

Wow Sean, well said! :)

and I really liked the comment about being on a costume forum at work... It's usually my only time to get on the forum, when I can. Thank god my co-workers support my armor work and put up with me being on the site :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back