Twin Cities Con Info and Roll Call: November 3rd - November 5th, 2023 (Minneapolis, MN)

SigmaProps

Member DIN
S149
Description: Twin Cities Con is a celebration of comics, toys, TV, film, art, cosplay, games, and all things nerdy. If you're a fan of Batman, the Avengers, Doctor Who, Star Wars, LEGO, Disney, Star Trek, the Walking Dead, Power Rangers, Game of Thrones, etc., you'll probably fit right in at TCC!! (From Official Website)

Date: November 3rd - November 5th, 2023

1301 2nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55404

Event Website:
Local Hotels:

1. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minneapolis
2. Millennium Minneapolis
3. Hilton Minneapolis

Final Thoughts:

I've personally attended this multiple times in the past and always have had a good experience with both the event organizers and other attendees.

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

SigmaProps
JorgeRUSH82 (ofivetwo)
ChaosAI
Bloxx3r
Spartan4204
jasonthebombero

Tentative Responses/Past Attendees:

CADET115
GuttJuice
LegacyAlloy227

Badge Purchase:

As we do not have a photographer for this event we will be meeting at the Outdoor Plaza at noon for pictures taken by handlers, and/or attendees.

map-1-detail.png

Note From Event Organizers Regarding the Prop/Costume Policy:
COSPLAY & COSTUME WEAPONS POLICY

Any weapon that could seriously hurt somebody is not allowed at TCC. Specifically, but not limited to:

• Functional firearms – that includes paintball, airsoft, bb guns, cap guns, any gun that shoots a real projectile or causes a real explosion.
  • Realistic firearms – any gun that could be confused for a real gun. If it looks like a real gun, it is not allowed. Realistic prop guns with brightly-colored caps are not allowed.
  • Prop weapons made of a hard material such as metal, wood, or glass
  • Functional projectile weapons – any weapon (crossbow, slingshot, etc) that discharges a projectile
  • Metal-bladed weapons
  • Whips
  • Explosives
  • Blunt weapons like bats, clubs, or hockey sticks
  • Loud props such as whistles, horns, etc.

Last edited:
Question for everyone in the thread; If I do bring my friend as a professional photographer, do we just want them for the main photoshoot outside the con center, or should I hire her for the whole weekend with a con pass? If we want her for an hour or so outside the building, that will be very easy to arrange, but if we want her for the whole weekend, I might need a little help hiring them.

Question for everyone in the thread; If I do bring my friend as a professional photographer, do we just want them for the main photoshoot outside the con center, or should I hire her for the whole weekend with a con pass? If we want her for an hour or so outside the building, that will be very easy to arrange, but if we want her for the whole weekend, I might need a little help hiring them.
That totally depends! It would be awesome to have them around for at least a day, but idk if we need them for the whole weekend. Are they comfortable following us around con and stuff?

• Functional firearms – that includes paintball, airsoft, bb guns, cap guns, any gun that shoots a real projectile or causes a real explosion.
  • Realistic firearms – any gun that could be confused for a real gun. If it looks like a real gun, it is not allowed. Realistic prop guns with brightly-colored caps are not allowed.
Do we think the gauss turret counts as a realistic weapon

gauss.jpg

I am counting on you folks going to make a impression with this convention!! Let me know if I can provide anything like a media/press package that you can show off to the event runners. Lets see if we can land this con in the future as a booth activation!

Mark me as tentative! I've been eyeing this one for a little while now, hoping to try and make it!

Update: if my boss is able to take me off for that weekend I’ll be there!

Last edited:
Do we think the gauss turret counts as a realistic weapon

View attachment 336411
Gauss canon? Probably not lol
I am counting on you folks going to make a impression with this convention!! Let me know if I can provide anything like a media/press package that you can show off to the event runners. Lets see if we can land this con in the future as a booth activation!
Will do! Something like that could actually be super helpful, if not for this con, then definitely Colossalcon North considering I have a buddy that has connections, and runs a panel there!

Disregard my previous message, mark me as Boots on the Ground!! Got work off and I’m good to go!
Sounds great! I'll put you down for boot on the ground, see you there!

Hi, New to 405th, long time halo fan and ive been using a modified Rubies H3 armor set for a long time, but just got a 3d printer. I live in the Rochester MN area and didn't know there were fellow Spartans in the area! If you folks dont mind Id like to join you guys at Twin cities con and learn a bit more about making cosplay stuff from you guys.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back