Usb Pen Brocken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pen drive was plugged into the college computer. The guy next to me thought it would be funny to spam me with calculaters by repeatingly pressing the caulater button on the keyboard.

As he was doing this he knocked my pendrive, and the board which is attached to the part which you plug into the computer got knocked down, so there was a 90 degree angle in my pendrive.

As far as I can tell one of the four wires which connect the circute board to the end which connects to the conputer has a broken connection. And a resister or something on the circute board has a borkcen connection at one end and it comimg loose.

I have a years worth of work on here which all needs to be for the 14th otherwise I am going to be kicked of that course. There is no backup of the data... which really there should be.

Does anyone know where/how I can get the data of my pendrive, or get it fixed?

That sucks man :/

I'm sure people like Geek Squad could retrieve the information, but you'll need to pay a small ammount.

Hopefully, the flash drive inside is still intact.

If you can find a schematic online of how a USB is wired up to its PCB, you could solder the connections on. However, it might be best just to try and take it somewhere professional and try to get it fixed.

definitely fixable, but impossible for me to say how without seeing the drive. the data's still on the chips, and the chips are extremely durable. don't solder SMD stuff yourself, the heat could destroy the chip. take it to a pro.

(maybe some electronics teacher/lecturer to help, if it really is the connections, any half decent solderer can patch them up so you can get your data back. Maybe you can get someone to wire up a second USB plug to the right connections, so the stress on the board is minimized. I'm sure there are companies who can fix it better though, and since this guy is going to have to pay for the repair, you might as well use a professional service.)

Same as everyone else is saying...

If it was just the connector, you could fix it without too much trouble. But if there is damage to the board itself, you will have to send it out to be professionally retrieved. Most computer fixit shops offer this service. Takes 1-3 weeks and they charge per the MB/GB of data retrieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back