1st Build Visor Chroming

TrollDude

I was wondering if I could just use any chrome for chroming my MKVI GEN1 visor. I've looked at some tutorials and for now I've settled for mirror foil. I can't really get Spaz chrome by since I live in Germany, and Alclad II Chrome would arrive too late for my deadline. So I thought about using normal chrome spray paint aerosol from the hardware store, does that work too?

I would test it first but I'm doubtful it'll work, I'm pretty sure that it's an actual paint. If you have an auto parts store near you see if they have silver window tint, that'll probably be your best option.

For a paint that can work in a pinch and tends to be easier to find at a hardware store is Krylon Looking Glass. Like Cacti said, be sure to test anything you plan to use before doing your actual visor.

I used: AK Interactive AK9198 Super Chrome. And it worked well. My vision is like 30% tho. Idk if it can be made better.

Edit: The good thing is, you always can remove it with iso.

Last edited:
I would test it first but I'm doubtful it'll work, I'm pretty sure that it's an actual paint. If you have an auto parts store near you see if they have silver window tint, that'll probably be your best option.
That is my currently used option, but it looks pretty darn bad, not gonna lie. Maybe I can do it better but Chief's visor is pretty hard to wrap

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back