1Manbattalion's Odst Components

What would you like to see next

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After I finish my mark VI armor... I might go for Odst.... or marine... haven't decided yet... but your work is really nice...

xXspartan104Xx said:
ohh at the start of this you said that you may make the knee
how that coming along
I know this is old but just curios

Hate to necro, but I was wondering if you (1MB) ever got around to making a Letter version of that smaller smooth torso piece. Im ready to start my Weta Odst armor, but like the rest of you, would really like to save alot of Bondo in the process. Your pieces help with this alot, so I was wondering if you could do it if you havent already planned to. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
xXspartan104Xx said:
ohh at the start of this you said that you may make the knee
how that coming along
I know this is old but just curios

When I have more time I'll get to that, work has been really..really busy these past few months.

Damarius101 said:
Hate to necro, but I was wondering if you (1MB) ever got around to making a Letter version of that smaller smooth torso piece. Im ready to start my Weta Odst armor, but like the rest of you, would really like to save alot of Bondo in the process. Your pieces help with this alot, so I was wondering if you could do it if you havent already planned to. Thanks!

Nerco? this thread? Never! :) I should be able to do that for you. I'm glade you have found these files useful.

Guys..all of you who have written on this thread, especially those who have written lately and were not afraid to be call Nerco posters, Thank you.

Because of guys like you, have made me decide to get off my arse and find some time to work on what I have promise.

1ManBattalion said:
...Guys..all of you who have written on this thread, especially those who have written lately and were not afraid to be call Nerco posters, Thank you.

Because of guys like you, have made me decide to get off my arse and find some time to work on what I have promise.

WOOOHOO! Look forward to seeing whatever you do next 1MB! :D

1ManBattalion said:
When I have more time I'll get to that, work has been really..really busy these past few months.
Nerco? this thread? Never! :) I should be able to do that for you. I'm glade you have found these files useful.

Guys..all of you who have written on this thread, especially those who have written lately and were not afraid to be call Nerco posters, Thank you.

I love you. No homo xD

There was another thing I was wondering; do you guys have a scaling method for the torso pieces? Or can i hust use Belakor's scaling method to scale the smooth version of your torso? Someone was saying it wouldnt work because the method Belakor uses is only for his pieces. Im about 5' 8" so the small version would be alot better for me than the larger version, but its still 2 inches off (im a precision freak, lol).

juliet76 said:
WOOOHOO! Look forward to seeing whatever you do next 1MB! :D

:D Don't get TOO excited :p Because the next release may be total unrelated to Halo 3, I'm also a Trekkie and so I am working a Phaser Rifle from Star Trek: First Contact, it's in the unfolding stage. Not sure if any body likes that kinda stuff.

th_PR01.jpg

Damarius101 said:
I love you. No homo xD

There was another thing I was wondering; do you guys have a scaling method for the torso pieces? Or can i hust use Belakor's scaling method to scale the smooth version of your torso? Someone was saying it wouldnt work because the method Belakor uses is only for his pieces. Im about 5' 8" so the small version would be alot better for me than the larger version, but its still 2 inches off (im a precision freak, lol).

Yeah, Love you too Buddy....in the Brotherly way :lol:

I haven't tried Belakor's Method, I'm actually redoing the Torso like...right now (and also pulling out my hairs at the same time!). It's going to be divided up into three pieces. I'm going to re-scale it as well when I am done. This will actaully be my first re-release. Knees will have to come after.

Wow a completely new one? Awesome to say the least. How long do you think that might take? Im kind of on a strict schedule starting next week, so Im thinking about just going ahead with the torso right now and trying somehow to get it on letter size paper (some pieces are just huge though). Depending on how fast you get that new one made I might use it!

Also, there has been something that has been itching at me ever since I saw the Weta reference pics. Something about the torso.

med_gallery_4075_4_372947.png

Is it just me, or is the front part of the neck opening curving downwards?. In other words, its not the perfectly flat and round neck opening we are familiar with regarding our H3 odst armor. Does anyone know if someone has made a file for this, or am I just seeing things?

Edit: Wow im an idiot. Just took a good look at the pep file for the torso and the neck piece does curve downwards, I'm guessing as it has for all eternity :p. Silly me.

1ManBattalion said:
I'm also a Trekkie and so I am working a Phaser Rifle from Star Trek: First Contact, it's in the unfolding stage. Not sure if any body likes that kinda stuff.

One of my favorites with the new cast. Been a fellow trekkie for a long time. Can't wait to see this bad boy released!! Looks fantastic so far!!

1ManBattalion said:
I'm actually redoing the Torso like...right now (and also pulling out my hairs at the same time!). It's going to be divided up into three pieces.

Just wondering, what did you mean by 3 pieces?

hey battalion, ive been hunting your thread for a while! thank god for necros :D . btw, the link for the hip links from the first post is down. But anyway, about your CQ Shoulders. that bit in the middle you were having trouble with, i see you put it in there. for anyone making these shoulders, the CQ part is a perm, its supposed to be placed on top of a regular shoulder, that middle part is the exposed "under armor" i guess you would say. thought i would throw in my 2 cents. anyways, keep up the good work! between your thread and nightshades, i believe every piece of ODST armor has been made! good job!

edit- except one, anyone know if anyone has modeled and unfolded the waist plates? they go on both sides around the belt.

hey, i posted this on Nightshade's ODST thread, but if you have been following this one and not the other one i decided to post it up here as well. I am pming both Ral Partha and 1manbattalion to see if they would like to team up and combine the CQ Shoulder Perm with a base shoulder model like what Ral did with the sniper perm in Nightshade's thread. this would make it finite for the scaling so that way the pepers wouldnt have to worry about scaling and then redoing and etc. I have already pmed both of them so we will see what happens!

Hey 1ManBattalion, I just checked out your CQ Shoulders in Pep and I must say, they look really cool! They remind me of my own ODST Shoulders, and it looks like a cool build. Keep up the great modeling!

Shade

Hey all!,

I've been working on other projects so I've had very little time to doing Halo, I've just got my Clone Trooper armour recently and that has kept me busy. But now with my recent promotion I haven't even had time to work on that. All I've had time for is Work, Eat, Sleep. I'll see what I can do to link everything I've made back up again possible over the weekend. All your comments are always appreciated, and I'll still be responding to PM. However 405th.com is now blocked at work for some reason, Alternatively you guys can catch me at Clonetroopers.net under the same user name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back