Hell Jumper Foam Armor (Spartan Buck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job! That helmet looks really amazing!

I would suggest using a Dremel to sand off the inside of the visor slot. I do that on all sorts of things, not only helmets. It would make the visor slot look much less thick, and make the visor look a little more fitting.

Nice job! That helmet looks really amazing!

I would suggest using a Dremel to sand off the inside of the visor slot. I do that on all sorts of things, not only helmets. It would make the visor slot look much less thick, and make the visor look a little more fitting.
Definitely gonna get on that as soon as I upgrade my dremel to the 3000 getting really fed up with my 2000 and wish I had shelled out the extra 20 for the better model haha
HA! It had me fooled too for about 10 seconds.

I've been waiting for this update all weekend and I wasn't disappointed...it's a beauty!!!

Im going to try and go for a full body test fit tonight using safety pins instead to secure everything so hopefully that works out and we don't have to use my Naked mannequin Doug anymore ;)

...Definitely gonna get on that as soon as I upgrade my dremel to the 3000 getting really fed up with my 2000 and wish I had shelled out the extra 20 for the better model haha...

:p...Don't get the 3000 model if you can help it...Mine shorted out and started steaming/smoking, and then succumbed to a glorious miniature inferno. Bravo, Dremel; Bravo!

I don't have any problems with 4000 series, though. The 4000 series is actually super nice, I bought a super big starter pack, and it comes with like everything you could think of- from sanding bits to some weird cylindrical grey things with slits that I haven't a clue what to do with. :lol:

:p...Don't get the 3000 model if you can help it...Mine shorted out and started steaming/smoking, and then succumbed to a glorious miniature inferno. Bravo, Dremel; Bravo!

I don't have any problems with 4000 series, though. The 4000 series is actually super nice, I bought a super big starter pack, and it comes with like everything you could think of- from sanding bits to some weird cylindrical grey things with slits that I haven't a clue what to do with. :lol:

Thanks for the Heads up Blackwell, definitely look into it.

I have the Dremel Multipro 395 and have been very happy with it. I really like being able to adjust the speed. Picked it up second hand for $40 two years ago, came with a large case and goodies.

Incredible work so far.

First off thanks mblackwell1002 and PerniciousDuke for the Dremel feedback, now I have some research to do and weigh the pros and cons of those models really want to get a good one this time.
Secondly I did an upper body test fit and I'm very satisfied with everything other then the minor details that need to be finished on the torso. Would have gotten the lower body but I need something better to secure those pieces to my body and I don't think I'm quite at that stage yet But I assure everyone that all the pieces fit correctly ;) So here it is and again I apologize for the Doug the mannequins naked physique in the background, he just couldn't help himself.
photo 4.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Wow... how did I miss this??

vivalablake your foam work is top notch mate! I'm extremely excited to see the rest of your build come to fruition. Keep posting progress :D

I see you got a 3D printer!!!! Yep, I saw that Deltaprintr-Delta Go in the background! seems to me like Doug and Delta are hanging out...in the nude...haha.

Well, I guess I'll shoot you in the right direction for filament and such. :)

Simplify 3D/Improve your prints/Features Simplify 3D slicer

Esun ABS+ Filament/Best quality 3D printing filament The best filament EVER. Like, no kidding. The quality of this stuff is insane!

Anyhow, is that the printer that needs repairs? If so, good luck fixing that bad boy. :D

Your suit looks great, man! Almost done, I presume?

Last edited:
I see you got a 3D printer!!!! Yep, I saw that Deltaprintr-Delta Go in the background! seems to me like Doug and Delta are hanging out...haha.

Well, I guess I'll shoot you in the right direction for filament and such. :)

Simplify 3D/Improve your prints/Features Simplify 3D slicer

Esun ABS+ Filament/Best quality 3D printing filament The best filament EVER. Like, no kidding. The quality of this stuff is insane!

Anyhow, is that the printer that needs repairs? If so, good luck fixing that bad boy. :D

Your suit looks great, man! Almost done, I presume?

I was actually able to get it off a buddy for free, because he was having a lot troubles with it. He gave a ton of filament so I'm set for awhile, thanks for the links Blackwell will def be re-upping on filament as soon as I can get it too work.

Not sure I like the magnets it uses which could be a safety hazard, but beyond that it needs a new needle have to do some research on that ltr, but will definitely be messaging you soon.

well, first off; it's called a "Hot-End" Or "Extruder" or "Nozzle". Do not call it a needle...that's just plain ol' wrong...it might get you judged in certain places. :p Haha, Noob! :lol:

I think this is the "Needle" you're looking for: Needle

Haha, Ok seriously...here's the hotend: The Real Deal

Sorry, I can't help myself....:D

Last edited:
well, first off; it's called a "Hot-End" Or "Extruder" or "Nozzle". Do not call it a needle...that's just plain ol' wrong...it might get you judged in certain places. :p Haha, Noob! :lol:

I think this is the "Needle" you're looking for: Needle

Haha, Ok seriously...here's the hotend: The Real Deal

Sorry, I can't help myself....:D

Lol I know next to nothing when it comes to 3d printers :rolleyes: forgive my ignorance...

It would be mblackwell1002 that would notice the printer in the pic, lol. Just saying.....

Also, on to the armor! Excellent work! Although the helm looks to be leaning more on the Bobloheaddesh.

One step ahead of you ;) it was definitely lop sided and I finally got around to fixing it this weekend with a heat gun, mine had broken and would've fixed this problem right after assembly but had to wait to borrow a friends.

So I've been running on fumes here, I feel like I'm lagging here in the final lap only because currently my car broke down and had to fork out some armor funds to buy a new one. But I think I'm starting to get back on track.

Tiny Update:

So I manage to get some downtime this past week with the armor, mainly testing some stuff to see how paint would look on it and pick a color. So first off want to say if you work with foam do yourself a favor and buy yourself some smooth-on 65D roto casting resin. It works brilliantly, I've already coated several pieces with it and the smoothness and shine and overall feel of the item is equivalent to that of say a storm troopers armor, very plastic feel and durable. The greatest part about it is it's a semi rigid resin so it won't crack easily with minor pressure which was my initial worry with resins and fiber glass. But as long as you put 3 coats of PVA glue Followed by 2 to 3 coats of the resin it should come out very nice. Side Note ( I will be making a post about the process I go thru on Friday and show the steps and stages of curing and coating process for you guys so this post doesn't leave you in the dark scratching your heads).

Also as I stated before I was testing different paint's and colors to see what I wanted to do for the scheme of things. I will be going with a base color of Duplicolor "Grey Silever Met" followed by Duplicolor " Charcoal Grey Met" there is a camo pattern in some areas of the armor I will be using Panzer Aces "German Tank Crew" for those parts. that paint is usually used for miniature models so you will only be able to find it on modeling and miniature gaming sites. I also used some other model paints to get the other colors, mostly Testers paint. Anyways here is the end result of one of the forearms.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 3 (1).JPG

I know I still have to finish assembly on the minor details for the chest, and helmet but just wanted to test a piece to see how it looks. I'm very satisfied and hope you guys are too let me know what you think and hopefully by next week I will have everything sealed in the resin and can get more progression done on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back