Mesh's ODST BDU Mk2 (Camouflage MTP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, looking at making a Covvie Carbine as my next weapon, any ideas on the best way to do it? For my DMR it was freehand but I can't seem to get the shape right at all.. Any advice is more than welcome!

OOOhhhh!!!! I'm exited now!! you could try peping one? it would look like hard covenant metal and with the right paint job it would look fantastic.
Im pretty sure theres carbines in the file archive and if not then Im very sorry:( lol

I dont want to Pep, I would print out a template and cut around it but I don't know how to make my printer print out a full size template over multiple sheets...

A dremel always help me when i want to shape a foam piece as for printing cut the template into segments put multiple piece on a4 pages cut the template out stick it together with table trace it onto foam that's how i did it for my ar Screenshot_15.jpg example for a needler this one still need alot more work but it is just a basic example

I dont want to Pep, I would print out a template and cut around it but I don't know how to make my printer print out a full size template over multiple sheets...

If you want to try a blueprint image printed over multiple sheets, PosteRazor works quite well. Just find the blueprint image you want to use, set the size and how much overlap you want, and let it do its thing. You'll get a PDF of the file over multiple sheets that you can then print. Did this for an SMG I have yet to start building (other than the cutout blueprints that I may or may not use to shoot invisible Covvies with occasionally :D).

I love the use of MultiCam! Great pattern!

If you wanna be picky, it's actually MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern), the British version of MultiCam :D

Also more pics inbound soon, for now have this:

atg8ylP.jpg
Using what I have now, it's a Casual/Armoured ODST :D

Ahh, should have noticed the suttle differences in the pattern!
There's only very small differences, You seem knowledgeable, try telling these two shirts apart without searching it up :D
100_1416.jpg
Its looking great man!! I am so jealous of that shirt.
Cheers brother! That picture is only a simple, 'It's too hot to wear the full thing' kind of deal :b I also got the shirt from a local con :D

Next con for me is Swansea Gaming and Comic Convention,
Here is my armour waiting, I think it's more excited than me (Impossible!)
rlJ4NFn.jpg

Well, that's the top half anyway :p

I've also fixed the Magnum position, it's now Tacti-cool too!
i4PQlhM.jpg

I've also ordered some paint, to finish something.. Hopefully I can show you soon!

Oh...your pulling a Mara now huh? Teasing us w/ some item your holding out on us............

Unfortunately, the paint didn't arrive until the day I needed it, and even then it was too late...
But the con on the weekend was fun, pictures should be soon and arriving in the European Regiment.
A few armour upgrades are needed again, this time on the shins...
Hopefully this can all be sorted by next weekend, as there's a free photoshoot running nearby that I'm just scraping myself onto (It's Star Wars, but because I'm camouflaged they said I can come).

But I did say the paint arrived, so making a thread for my new plaything now :D

If you were wondering what modifications I've made, here are some pictures ^.^
(I have modified the shins too but no picture)

g8HezZI.jpg
I've replaced the old vecro strap, with a new snap strap that fits perfectly

kVUX09a.jpg
I've added a buckle to the belt, cause you know, Tacti-cool!

HSEoR05.jpg
And I think I've nailed the shoulder strapping with this now ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back