Props Real Size Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my rifle, its about 2 - 3 cm smaller than full size so its about right
(with 1st gen suit, 2nd gen in progress)
[attachment=5330:pIC_0561.JPG]
[attachment=5331:pIC_0565.JPG]
Whaddya think, i kno its a lil rough but ther were lots of things wrong with the model, i think we need a workable pep version of the sniper rifle, iv been thinking bout deviding the rifle up into pices and casting it but i would like a better modle before i do.

here are 2 progress pics on my sniper rifle i am using wood and pipe

0727081528.jpg

0727081546.jpg

will post more when i get home

Lol, So basically you're saying the real sniper rifle should be like 5 and a half feet long?

That means it's as tall as I am o_O that's really scary.

LiuAnXiang said:
Lol, So basically you're saying the real sniper rifle should be like 5 and a half feet long?

That means it's as tall as I am o_O that's really scary.
Anti-materiel rifles are some serious hardware. The rounds they fire are massive compared to the rifle ammunition used for regular rifles and the rifle is correspondingly larger. The long barrels allow maximum muzzle velocity for maximum range. It's the AT&T effect: reach out and touch someone. :D

Here's a pic of the rifle the Halo SR is based on, the South African Denel NTW-20
180px-Ntw-20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Anti-materiel rifles are some serious hardware. The rounds they fire are massive compared to the rifle ammunition used for regular rifles and the rifle is correspondingly larger. The long barrels allow maximum muzzle velocity for maximum range. It's the AT&T effect: reach out and touch someone. :D

Here's a pic of the rifle the Halo SR is based on, the South African Denel NTW-20
180px-Ntw-20.jpg
ah...the denel... what a work of art... its beutiful

2 bags for transportation. 1 for the barrel the other for the gun itself
and it shoots rounds larger than the barret BUT comes with the equipment for a .50 round BMG and 120

its round is a work of art to, its a sabot fin stabalized round its so awsome

man i would love to see what that would do to a deer

or what other...purposes my heart would desire :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I just looked at the picture again and realized that the guy is looks like a little Asian man.... That gun is probably really only 4 and a half feet tall :lol:

*before I get any angry PMs about me makin fun of Asians, back off.... I'm part Asian so I can say what I want lol*

Actually the 200 mm version is 6' 2" long when all set up according to the info i have. also my rifle is about 6'0" long so i am not to far off. also i am picking up a new board for the stock this weekend since my last one had to many knots in it

Oh I see... well I'll be doing that the way I did the "fluting" on my scope shell ;) Just not as deep.... and That will probably be the last thing that Dreads and I will probably be doin since the Rifle still looks alright without those groves :p

I'm sure you can also give it the effect of looking deep using paint, darkening up those areas when painting it and whatnot.

Plus, I think Dreads is making his whole SR out of wood so it will be much easier for him to put in those "flutes" than it's gonna be for me. Damn you Dreads! lol JK :p

If Dreads is gonna use a long 1" diameter wooden dowel then all he has to do is carve into that dowel to get those groves. I used 1" Diameter PVC and I cant carve into it without muckin it all up so I'll have to build a low-rise grooved "skin" for my PVC.

*thinks to self* Will this project ever end?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back