Props Real Size Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually its 1.25 inch PVC pipe and it will be fluted after d*con since i will not get to it before then and to do it i am going to use a trick i used for my storm trooper blaster if i can

Take old windshield wiper blades and mount them around it so they create the grooves on the rifle and that way i do not mess up the PVC pipe. Its should go okay, the barrel, round part of the scope, the little pipe under the barrel. are all PVC the stock, handle and muzzle break, and part of the scope will be wood. the legs not to sure on yet. also i will bondo the wood when i am done to cover up the grain affect form the wood when i paint it.

Oops my bad. I came to a conslusion without all the facts, I'm sorry. Sounds like you ahve everythign planned out well ahead of time. Thats great! I work on impulse decisions and as a result my SR is still not done :lol:

For the legs, are you gonna make them so that they can be folded up? (once you decide how to go about makeing them, that is)

@blackrose: No biggy do not worry about it, i actually almost used a doll rod for it but it was to heavy for my liking

I want to make them so i can move them on a axis point but form there no idea yet. it may be wood with sheet metal feet, or actually u just reminded me of the shelving brackets i have that may actually work for this and they are solid metal. we will have to see, My scope will be none functional though, and i am not sure about the loop handle on top either yet, maybe some hosing over a bent wire, not sure yet

i promised pics and here are some i did some shopping this weekend need a new board cause the old one was warped and i could not get the bend out of it. and i need some PVC parts so here is the new board, the new barrel put together except for the break, part of the scope and the little barrel under the rifle
halo005.jpg

halo006.jpg

also went about bought primer and paint for the rifle and armor
halo007.jpg

EDIT MORE PICS
well here is another update fixed a piping problem and the wood problem and here it is
halo012.jpg

halo010.jpg

halo011.jpg

also i will start cutting the wood tomorrow
halo015.jpg

saw broke before i could finish it

ANOTHER EDIT WITH PICTURES
well got my new battery scroll saw yesterday and cut today along with a little sanding, i need more sand paper for both this gun and my armor and yes it is huge, if i can get the fiance to take a picture of me holding it you will all see how big it is compared to me okay picture time
halo022.jpg

halo024.jpg

halo025.jpg

hope you all like it

That is awesome. I'm really jealous right now... Maybe you should cut off the magazine and make a removable one. Not sure if you were thinking about this already, but you can cut out a hole in the bottom of the sniper rifle to make a magazine housing. Ask S1l3nt V1p3r how he did it.

i am going to leave the mag as is i will be sanding it all down today. i need more sand paper. then i will be working on connecting the barrel. i will also post a picture of how big it is compared to me tonight as well so you can see its real size

Here is a good sizing reference after i sanded it today this weekend i attach the barrel, i want to finish my armor before i finish it

halo040.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back