Anti Fog Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunkyJuice

Hey guys. I've been asking a lot of questions during this exciting time of building my first suit of armor. This community has helped me out a lot, so now I am going to attempt to give a little something back. I was surfin' the net to create a shopping list of the things I would like to purchase for my armor when I came across this stuff. http://www.c-clear.biz/cups.html I have not used it personnally and this is not a testimonial. however it does look like it's worth the couple bucks to try out and I plan on doing so when I get around to building my helmet. Just thought I would make you guys aware of this possibly useful stuff. What do you guys think?

There are a few things you can do with the troublesome problem of a fogged up visor. First thing you can do is get a balaclava, second is keeping some slits open by the visor, third is the addition of fans to your helmet and the forth is some eyeglass no fog spray. I just grabbed a two or three dollar spray bottle of it from Wal-Mart and it really makes a world of difference. All together this will ensure clear vision for your covenant encounters.

Cheers,

Kensai

Your armors looking great, but I'd resin it. Looks like its warping a bit. Also, that stuff looks like it's worth a try.

ah thanks guys. I decided to abandon that particular set of armor though and move on to the high def stuff. I just randomly did a search for that stuff cus I cant find a tutorial for installing the fans. I saw it before, but for some reason I can't find it now.

Everything I stated above will work with any helmet (if it's got a visor) as far as a fan installation tutorial here's an old one from the 501st for putting them in a stormtrooper helmet but the same principals apply for us:

http://costumebot.com/archives/11

Cheers,

Kensai

thanks kesai. It's the guys like you who are so helpful that just makes me love this community and encourage me to build my armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back